Taxact Ultimate 2013 lock-in at $13.95

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Great product. I've used it for several years now.

Member Summary

taxact
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can I file two separate federal returns with this?

slyreptile (Jun. 01, 2013 @ 4:28p) |

Free doesn't mean free efile. The free software is just trojan to get you to spend more. And if you don't efile you do... (more)

GWBush (Jun. 01, 2013 @ 5:47p) |

TaxACT has two different types of products that allow you to prepare, print and e-file your tax return; TaxACT Online an... (more)

luckylutz (Jun. 06, 2013 @ 11:39a) |

$13.95 Ultimate (Federal + State) Bundle Link

Note: for people in states w/o state tax OP's $7.95 (Deluxe - Federal) link is the way to go!
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

mine locked in at $7.95 (previous user last 2 years)
"Your Guaranteed TaxACT Prices - For TaxACT Online 2013 Deluxe, your Federal return is $7.95 and the State return fee is $10.00. Additional State returns are $14.95"

briankh said:   mine locked in at $7.95 (previous user last 2 years)
"Your Guaranteed TaxACT Prices - For TaxACT Online 2013 Deluxe, your Federal return is $7.95 and the State return fee is $10.00. Additional State returns are $14.95"

Did you get an email stating your $7.95 price?

Will TaxAct import last year's data from TurboTax???

Link shows Deluxe @ $7.95 lock in not Ultimate @ $13.95.

Same here. Deluxe $7.95

Try this $13.95 Ultimate (Federal + State) Bundle Link

Don't think it imports last year's competitors or scans PDFs, but does import from last year's own TaxAct account (even w/o their prev-year info access subscription plan).

err...

My pricing is deluxe + state for $13.95. Taxact user for many years now.

Hopefully the IRS will be shut down before next year!
gimme green!!

Lurker1999 said:   My pricing is deluxe + state for $13.95. Taxact user for many years now.
What's in Deluxe VS Ultimate?
Thanks

briankh said:   mine locked in at $7.95 (previous user last 2 years)

Ultimate is a better deal. $13.95 includes 1 state.

Krazen1211 said:   briankh said:   mine locked in at $7.95 (previous user last 2 years)

Ultimate is a better deal. $13.95 includes 1 state.

No state tax in Texas. Guess I don't need Ultimate, huh??

Nothing to pay upfront..In for one. Thanks OP.

Looks like this is the "online" only version. I still prefer a full download and installable program vs keying everything into their online db. Still one of the better tax preparation programs. My dad and I have been using them since they started back in 1998 or 1999. A solid program and very easy to use.

For TaxACT Online 2013 Ultimate Bundle, your Federal return is $7.95 and the State return fee is $6.00. Additional State returns are $14.95.

Thanks!

mixa said:   Lurker1999 said:   My pricing is deluxe + state for $13.95. Taxact user for many years now.
What's in Deluxe VS Ultimate?
Thanks

I'm not sure I've ever seen an "ultimate" edition. I think it's an advertising pitch this time that includes federal "deluxe" plus a state edition.

is the ultimate edition able to seamlessly handle K-1s, SPP, and RSU situations? Those I have heard are best done by TurboTax. Anyone care to chime in?

thanks

tomasSC said:   Hopefully the IRS will be shut down before next year!
gimme green!!

Even if they are, it will just be rebadged as Homeland Revenue Administration and make people think its a whole new org

This is a great product I have been using it several years now, note that after you file one return, you can no longer print the previous year's. Apart from that they keep their word on the price.

Hold that thought - I am having trouble checking my efile status, have contacted their support.

Its a pity that they use asp and that we have to trust our tax info with MS technology.

edit: support got back within 24 hours, though contacting support is a painful form, cant stand these sites that dont auto-fill contact page with logged-in info.

Got the deal for next year again - thanks op !

Nostradamus said:   This is a great product I have been using it several years now, note that after you file one return, you can no longer print the previous year's. Apart from that they keep their word on the price.

I've been using Block's Taxact/AtHome for years now. I recently had to file an amended return due to a mistake caught in an audit. I opened that year's software, changed the numbers. The software knew I had filed already and created an Amended return from my new numbers which I sent to the IRS to their satisfaction. I'm very happy that I could do all of that.

I used to use Turbo-Tax, but my brother swears by this product.

I also got locked for $7.95 + $10 and it wouldn't let me change it.

mixa said:   Try this $13.95 Ultimate (Federal + State) Bundle Link

Don't think it imports last year's competitors or scans PDFs, but does import from last year's own TaxAct account (even w/o their prev-year info access subscription plan).

Thanks for a working link!

Their site says they can import pdf's, but of course it's an open question as to how well that works. I'd like to hear from someone who switched from TurboTax to TaxAct and used the pdf conversion option. How did it go?

last couple of yrs I have been getting either TurboTax or H&R Block for free thanks to FW.. I will trust FW and wait for free deal and not pay $$$$ now.

Thanks

Can I file two separate federal returns with this?

IrfanPathan said:   last couple of yrs I have been getting either TurboTax or H&R Block for free thanks to FW.. I will trust FW and wait for free deal and not pay $$$$ now.

Free doesn't mean free efile. The free software is just trojan to get you to spend more. And if you don't efile you don't know what you are missing. If you pay for your own tax software (is no "sharing") and enjoy the convenience and prompt refund direct deposited into your account, there are none better. The $13.95 includes fed and state efiling. It cost more than that to efile state on the competitor's "free" product.

TaxACT has two different types of products that allow you to prepare, print and e-file your tax return; TaxACT Online and TaxACT Download/CD.

With TaxACT Online, you create an online account and prepare your taxes using a web browser. Your return is saved on our secure servers and you may login to your account from any computer with an internet connection. Each TaxACT Online account can prepare one return.

TaxACT Desktop is software you download or receive via CD and install on your personal computer. Just like any other software, you will save your tax return to your computer, flash drive, etc. The file can only be opened if you have TaxACT software installed on your computer. TaxACT Desktop allows you to prepare and print multiple tax returns, making it perfect for households with multiple taxpayers

With the Desktop you can as many as you want.$18.95
http://www.taxact.com/taxes-online/ultimate-bundle.asp?yr=13&sc=...

The one here is for the online. Only one account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014