• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FIRST Copy paste this link to activate 10% off: "http://www.drugstore.com/user/promo.asp?code=6A1C5700&aid=338795"

THEN click link(s) below and add to cart. CLICK $50 COUPON CHECKBOX!

Final Price: $109.26 + Free (Standard OR Free 2-Day Shoprunner) Shipping.

http://www.drugstore.com/philips-norelco-sensotouch-3d-electric-...

Also available are the:
1250X/42 = $147.96 (http://www.drugstore.com/philips-norelco-sensotouch-3d-electric-...
1280X/42 = $163.26 (http://www.drugstore.com/philips-norelco-sensotouch-3d-electric-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For slightly cheaper you can get the 2D:
1160X/42 = $105.99 (http://www.drugstore.com/philips-norelco-sensotouch-2d-electric-...
1150X/40 = $58.71 (http://www.drugstore.com/philips-norelco-sensotouch-2d-electric-... [OR $57.45 if you will use the $10 off for new customers instead.]

ALSO, don't forget that you earn 5% back on purchases... So that's another FREE ~$5 to spend come July 1st.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bump!

In for one
At first, I have noticed a $50 coupon on Amazon.com, then searched fatwallet and have found even better deal.

Thank you bittul

1. Unlike some other seemingly super-hot deals on Philips Norelco razors, this one does not involve multiple mail-in rebates. (It does not, in fact, involve any mail-in rebates.) This is worth noting, as it's often something of a crap shoot, whether both mail-in rebates will be honored, in a multiple mail-in rebate situation.

2. drugstore.com, at least in my experience, ships with lightning speed. I've literally placed an order at noon on Monday, and received the item on Tuesday morning. (FWIW, I'm in Maryland.) And this is with free shipping, not some extra cost expedited shipping option.

As for the razor, well, either you like electric razors, or you don't. Either they work well for you, or they don't. Either you prefer rotary to foil, or you don't. But I would note that the 1250X is probably the "sweet spot" in the Philips Norelco rotary shaver line-up. It's the least expensive of the 3D product line, and the 3D shavers are genuinely different - and arguably a meaningful step up - from the still pretty good 2D Philips Norelco product line. And by going for this, the least expensive of the 3D shavers, you're getting shaving performance essentially identical to that of the more expensive 3D shavers - the 1250X just features a simplified "bells and whistles" feature list than do the higher priced 3D shavers. (For example, the 1250X features a 3-level battery indicator, instead of the 5-level battery indicator found on the more expensive 1280X. The 1250X has a black finish, instead of the arguably nicer zinc finish on the much more expensive 1290X. And the 1250X comes with a simple travel pouch, instead of a slightly nicer travel pouch. But functionally - in terms of shaving heads, contour-following ability, etc., all the 3D shavers are identical.)

And no, the 1250X/40 does not come with a Jet Clean System. In my mind, this is a good thing. The Jet Clean System adds to the cost, takes up bathroom counter space, and Jet Clean solution is simply an added expense. I could maybe see the Jet Clean System's value if the razor wasn't supposed to be exposed to water - in that case, the system would be a handy way of keeping the razor clean, which is kind of important. But all of these Philips Norelco razors are safe to get wet. Indeed, it's perfectly okay to use them in the shower. So for routine cleaning, just stick them under running water.

No, none of them have batteries designed for easy replacement by the user. The built-in battery will probably last at least a couple of years (possibly considerably longer than that). Then, you can either try performing unauthorized battery replacement surgery (and I have no idea how simple or complicated this may be), or you can tell yourself, "I've gotten a couple of years of good performance from this item. Would've been nice if I could pop in a new battery, but I figure I got my money's worth, even so."

Finally, shave heads do not stay perfect forever. They are subject to wear. The advice that you replace them every year or so isn't bad advice. Depending on your beard, maybe you can stretch this out a little longer without noticing a diminution in the shaver's performance. Or maybe not. Either way, a replacement RQ12 head could set you back around $50. Yeah, that's an ouch of an annual expense. But hey, if keeping shaving expense low were truly your priority, you'd be using a safety razor and Derby blades, not some electronic tactical shaving system, right?

Added later - Oh, I shouldn't have said "Finally," about the above. There is one more important consideration:

Ladies, please do not go and buy your husband/boyfriend/father this (or any other) razor, because you think he'd be better off with it than with whatever it is he currently uses. Yeah, I get that Father's Day is coming up, and the advertising makes it sound like buying someone a Philips Norelco electric shaver is just about he best Father's Day present this side of a jackpot-winning PowerBall lottery ticket. But it's not.

Men often have strong preferences when it comes to how they like to shave. Lots of guys will not appreciate this shaver. They want their Braun foil shavers, or their Gillette disposable razors, or their Schick Titanium Quattros, or whatever. So unless you know that the man genuinely wants a Philips Norelco 3D shaver, please don't buy him one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014