• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Released today, the new haswell Intel 4770k (unlocked multiplier) is on sale for 279.99 at micro center b&m..

http://www.microcenter.com/product/413248/Core_i7_4770K_35GHz_So...

Member Summary

intel 4770k boxed processor (17.10kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

These guys REALLY need to open up another SF Bay location with all the Intel CPU B&M only deals they have.

Just be sure you get a new 1150 pin motherboard. The new socket design is, however, compatible with existing 1155 heatsinks.

TheFinalProphecy said:   These guys REALLY need to open up another SF Bay location with all the Intel CPU B&M only deals they have.

So true, I actually considered writing a nastygram to the property owner at their old location, when they refused to be reasonable on a new lease.

As Futurama would say... shut up and take my money!

asuka said:   TheFinalProphecy said:   These guys REALLY need to open up another SF Bay location with all the Intel CPU B&M only deals they have.

So true, I actually considered writing a nastygram to the property owner at their old location, when they refused to be reasonable on a new lease.

Yeah seriously! What's in the old Micro Center building now anyway? I'm guessing it's either still empty or another Asian market-type grocery store.

Intel is starting to annoy me. While I love the processors, I hate that they change the pin layout with every revision. Makes me woner if there is some collusion going on. Good price on the new processors though and Microcenter is dropping $40 off any compatible motherboard to boot.

Intel is starting to annoy me. While I love the processors, I hate that they change the pin layout with every revision. Makes me woner if there is some collusion going on. Good price on the new processors though and Microcenter is dropping $40 off any compatible motherboard to boot.

evilwon said:   Intel is starting to annoy me. While I love the processors, I hate that they change the pin layout with every revision. Makes me woner if there is some collusion going on.Of course there is. The hardware industry rely on Intel making processors that are not backwardly compatible. Sad but true.

TheFinalProphecy said:   asuka said:   TheFinalProphecy said:   These guys REALLY need to open up another SF Bay location with all the Intel CPU B&M only deals they have.

Yeah seriously! What's in the old Micro Center building now anyway? I'm guessing it's either still empty or another Asian market-type grocery store.

I believe it's still empty, shame. I got my sandbridge+mobo combo from there on BF..., amazing deals. Google maps still shows it as being a MicroCenter....

Intel had to change the pinout to improve the power performance by integrating more voltage controls on-chip.

I know because Intel is a partner with my company. No, I don't get epic discounts. Often times, they treat us like dirt and make us go to Fry's to buy chips.

Anyways, this is probably the last generation of chips anyways. After this Broadwell or post-broadwell it will probably be system-on-chip/BGA only. Intel is already exiting the system board market, only a matter of time before chips are sold only to mobo makers directly.

The prices of some of the 1150 motherboards at microcenter just got a big price cut between Sunday and Monday (today) (i saw a gigabyte one drop form $240 to $185).
I also see price cuts on 1150 motherboards at Newegg.com. It looks like the out the gate prices were MSRP and now they are quickly dropping due to competition.

nemi_amd said:   The prices of some of the 1150 motherboards at microcenter just got a big price cut between Sunday and Monday (today) (i saw a gigabyte one drop form $240 to $185).
I also see price cuts on 1150 motherboards at Newegg.com. It looks like the out the gate prices were MSRP and now they are quickly dropping due to competition.

Indeed. The ASRock mini ITX board is brushing against $99.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014