• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Credit to Finker001 @SD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-1-oz-Silver-American-Eagle-Lot-5-/1...

5x 2013 1oz Silver Eagles for $135 shipped via eBay ($27 per coin), the seller is APMEX and you ofcourse can use your credit card
$5 discount will be applied at checkout making it $135 for 5 (or $27 per coin).

Member Summary

Silver Eagles
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Sounds risky. The value of silver could fall and take years to recover. I may buy some of these coins and be stuck wit... (more)

Squeezer99 (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 4:40p) |

Where else can you make an investment have it grow tax deferred and sell it without creating a taxable event.... hordin... (more)

1Rebate (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 5:21p) |

Link is $6 over spot, WAY too high. Go to your local coin ship. Been stacking for a while and can't wait till I retire... (more)

Commisioner49 (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 5:34p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

about $5 over silver spot, but about half the price from the mint.
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDispl...

Buffalo
Disclaimer
If you want to get your feet wet, min. of one coin at a time, and $1.05/coin cheaper.(OP's deal is now $139.99 shipped.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-American-Indian-Buffalo-1-Troy-Oz-9...

robby69 said:   If you want to get your feet wet, min. of one coin at a time, and $1.05/coin cheaper.(OP's deal is now $139.99 shipped.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-American-Indian-Buffalo-1-Troy-Oz-9...
While I agree this is a cheaper alternative, it is not really the an accurate alternative because SAEs always have more than a dollar more premium to generic rounds.

Buffalo's up to $28.89 now, so OP's deal is NOW better.

yeah, I think this is a good price if you are looking for SAE but not looking for a huge quantity, since $27 shipped is hard to beat, even at APMEX's store.

I know nothing about coins and precious metals, are these knock off coins? They don't show the back of the coin which should have the W for the mint.

bilyclub said:   I know nothing about coins and precious metals, are these knock off coins? They don't show the back of the coin which should have the W for the mint.
Yeah...be careful people. I've heard the market is flooded with fake SAEs. Buyer beware!

APMEX is a very reputable company and a huge metal distributor (check them out). No way they risk everything by selling some fakes.

The price went down to ~$23 per coin this morning...lasted only a half hour or so. I picked up 25 ASEs to put on one cc, and was going back to get a bunch more, and by then it was dead. Anyone else grab some then?

APMEX is probably the premier seller of silver/gold coins. I used to buy all my coins and bullion there...until they started charging sales tax for NY orders. That extra 8% almost always makes their prices non-competitive. But I would never hesitate to buy from them only because I thought something they sell might be fake. APMEX is very trustworthy.

Okay, I'll bite. Bought a pack.

APMEX is having a sale on 10oz bars at the moment too. Any quantity, only $.99 per oz over spot.
http://www.apmex.com/product/27087/10-oz-apmex-silver-bar-999-fi...

No free shipping with this one, though:

$12.95 (USD) for orders of $50.00 - $249.99 (USD)
$19.95 (USD) for orders of $250.00 - $999.99 (USD)
$24.95 (USD) for orders of $1000.00 - $24999.99 (USD)
Free for orders of $25,000 (USD) and over

What's the $5 credit card discount?

No, he is saying there is a $5 discount per 5 coin package you buy. And also he is saying that you can use a credit card for the purchase, for no additional fees.

this is the bullion version of the coin. its value is basically tied to the spot price of silver plus some arbitrary dealer mark up.
the "uncirculated" version sold by the us mint has a "W" mint mark (west point mint) and is the "collector's" version of the coin. it's value is tied to what collectors are willing to pay, based on the final mintage volume for the coin. the lower mintage years command higher value.
there are also other versions of the silver eagle for collectors: proof, reverse proof, san Francisco minted coins, etc

these coins are the "cheapest" available silver eagle coins available and can be bought/sold easily because the value is dependent on the spot price of silver, and the coins are universally recognized.

i collect all types of American silver eagles but buy these to give as gifts (along with a coin holder box) to commemorate occasions. i give them to friends when their babies are born, when their kids graduate from school, when they become eagle scouts (highest rank in boys scouts). this is a very good price but if the price of silver drops the value of these coins will drop.

<$130 now

except the silver spot has fallen 12% since this deal was posted, and the coins only dropped 4%

$3 less here JM Bullion, or even cheaper if paying with check.

+$5.95 shipping for me.

DontTreadOnMe said:   $3 less here JM Bullion, or even cheaper if paying with check.

catch that falling knife.

Is there any way to make money on this deal?

Squeezer99 said:   Is there any way to make money on this deal?

Yes, buy low and sell high.

Jm bullion is the way to go. The coins are a bit over 23 a pop... not to mention cheap shipping...

all168 said:   +$5.95 shipping for me.

DontTreadOnMe said:   $3 less here JM Bullion, or even cheaper if paying with check.

Lesser price includes shipping cost.

heyeaglefn said:   Squeezer99 said:   Is there any way to make money on this deal?

Sounds risky. The value of silver could fall and take years to recover. I may buy some of these coins and be stuck with them a long time...

Squeezer99 said:   heyeaglefn said:   Squeezer99 said:   Is there any way to make money on this deal?

Sounds risky. The value of silver could fall and take years to recover. I may buy some of these coins and be stuck with them a long time...

Where else can you make an investment have it grow tax deferred and sell it without creating a taxable event.... hording actual precious metals something to look into...

Link is $6 over spot, WAY too high. Go to your local coin ship. Been stacking for a while and can't wait till I retire and liquidate, just 35 years from now.....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014