• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Both are factory refurbished and come with a 90-day warranty.

Deal Fisher has 12k+ positive ratings on their eBay Store for anyone concerned about the seller.

Member Summary

SanDisk Sansa 4GB Clip Zip (20.60kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Refurbished, but still very good deal for the 8GB unit in particular

GreenTrash said:   Refurbished, but still very good deal for the 8GB unit in particular

Knew I forgot to include something in the title. Thanks for pointing this out.

Looks like the 4GB and 8GB BOTH support additional microSDHC memory. Still, for $2 difference, it's hard to justify getting the 4GB unit.

4GB unit is for the Clip Zip, while the 8GB is for the Clip+.

From http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Zip/clip-zip-vs-clip/td-...

Of course, the biggest change: the Zip has a larger screen and will display album art. Unfortunately, it doesn't show on the main screen certain track playing information (e.g. elapsed time and track number in an album, present with the Clip+) , apart from the track progress bar.

The Zip is also a bit hardier than the earleir players (especially, the Clip). And it will handle mainstay aac files.

Some other additions with the Zip: time-of-day indication; "sports mode" with timer and lap time; fast alphabet scrolling in lists; menu customizability; an enhanced contemporary feel; an improved microSD card fit; and an improved EQ.

Personally, if I were getting a new player, I'd probably go for the Zip. Although I miss the on-screen track info. Why SanDisk dropped it, heaven knows (I guess it was the "aesthetic" of unobscured album art).

miiike232 said:   4GB unit is for the Clip Zip, while the 8GB is for the Clip+.

From http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Zip/clip-zip-vs-clip/td-...

Of course, the biggest change: the Zip has a larger screen and will display album art. Unfortunately, it doesn't show on the main screen certain track playing information (e.g. elapsed time and track number in an album, present with the Clip+) , apart from the track progress bar.

The Zip is also a bit hardier than the earleir players (especially, the Clip). And it will handle mainstay aac files.

Some other additions with the Zip: time-of-day indication; "sports mode" with timer and lap time; fast alphabet scrolling in lists; menu customizability; an enhanced contemporary feel; an improved microSD card fit; and an improved EQ.

Personally, if I were getting a new player, I'd probably go for the Zip. Although I miss the on-screen track info. Why SanDisk dropped it, heaven knows (I guess it was the "aesthetic" of unobscured album art).

Which one supports flac better?

mountainer said:   Which one supports flac better?

Both the Clip Zip and Clip+ support FLAC formats.

That being said, the highest definition FLAC files the Clip Zip will support are 16 bit /44.1kHz, according to two threads on the SanDisk forums: one + two

I'd assume the Clip+ (being an older model than the Clip Zip) would, at best, support up to 16-bit FLAC files.

I have a Clip + (only 4 gb- from Woot deal in the past) that I just had the clip on the back break and come off. The spring was lost. I have used it for a few years now, but it is not the strongest part of the unit. The 4 gb vs 8 gb can be offset a bit by adding the external microSD card to either unit for added storage capacity as pointed out above by JosiOK. If I end up ordering another instead of staying with my broken clip model, not sure which of the 2 I'd get.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014