• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This seemed cheaper than I'm used to seeing at the supermarket:

Start here for the 20% off coupon on Kitchens of India meals:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/indian-meals/A2HXXL9KA2OQ7X

The 10 oz. boxes are sold in 6-packs. For example if you purchased a 6-pack of their Red Kidney Beans Curry the pricing would work out as follows:
$15.35
-$3.07 (20% coupon)
-$2.30 (5% Subscribe & Save discount)
---------
$11.51 (or $1.92 per box)!

Of if you really want to get crazy with this, if you get five S&S delivered at once that discount increases to 15% for a final price of $9.98 (or $1.66 per box)!!!

Prices vary slightly between meals and they have variety packs available if you're not ready to commit to 6 of the same variety just yet.

NOTE: When ordering be aware that some meals are 3.5 oz boxes and others are 10 oz boxes. You probably want to make sure you're ordering the 10 oz boxes.

Member Summary

Kitchens of India
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Mailman said:   This seemed cheaper than I'm used to seeing at the supermarket:

Start here for the 20% off coupon on Kitchens of India meals:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/indian-meals/A2HXXL9KA2OQ7X

The 10 oz. boxes are sold in 6-packs. For example if you purchased a 6-pack of their Red Kidney Beans Curry the pricing would work out as follows:
$15.35
-$3.07 (20% coupon)
-$2.30 (5% Subscribe & Save discount)
---------
$11.51 (or $1.92 per box)!

Of if you really want to get crazy with this, if you get five S&S delivered at once that discount increases to 15% for a final price of $9.98 (or $1.66 per box)!!!
JUNK.Dont waste money.!

Prices vary slightly between meals and they have variety packs available if you're not ready to commit to 6 of the same variety just yet.

NOTE: When ordering be aware that some meals are 3.5 oz boxes and others are 10 oz boxes. You probably want to make sure you're ordering the 10 oz boxes.

this is not 'ready to eat curry' as title suggests. this is paste and might mislead some unsuspecting buyer.

OlyMoly said:   this is not 'ready to eat curry' as title suggests. this is paste and might mislead some unsuspecting buyer.

Not to thread crap, but I purchased exactly same product along with Hyderabad biryani paste a year back. I still have atleast 4 packs from each box left. They r not even close to the local not so good restaurant's food too. I tried using them along with some homemade curry paste, to off beat the smell/taste these readymade pastes come with, but only managed to use half pack each time and still have plenty packs left in my kitchen. Hate to dispose them off having spent money, but not able to use them either. Probably wait until expiry date and trash them out. Will never ever purchase them again for sure.

HTH.

Tough crowd today. I can only imagine the beating I would have received from true pizza aficionados if I'd posted a deal on Totino's Party Pizzas!

But seriously, these aren't meant to be high-end meals directly comparable to what you'd receive at a local Indian restaurant. They're pouches of food you can keep in your cupboard for long periods of time and simply throw in your microwave when your stomach starts growling and you're feeling too lazy to do much more than that. The "deal" aspect is that I typically see these selling for $3 to $4 a box at the supermarket and this is about half that price.

I can't say I've eaten a ton of these or am horribly familiar with traditional Indian food, but in my experience these haven't been "just a paste" (as OM and MG seem to be saying they are). All of the ones I've purchased have come out looking pretty close to the picture on the front of the box (containing beans, chunks of cheese, or whatever is pictured). Then again, I only make it out to an Indian restaurant maybe once a year so it's entirely possible I'm missing something important here.

Mailman said:   Tough crowd today. I can only imagine the beating I would have received from true pizza aficionados if I'd posted a deal on Totino's Party Pizzas!

But seriously, these aren't meant to be high-end meals directly comparable to what you'd receive at a local Indian restaurant. They're pouches of food you can keep in your cupboard for long periods of time and simply throw in your microwave when your stomach starts growling and you're feeling too lazy to do much more than that. The "deal" aspect is that I typically see these selling for $3 to $4 a box at the supermarket and this is about half that price.

I can't say I've eaten a ton of these or am horribly familiar with traditional Indian food, but in my experience these haven't been "just a paste" (as OM and MG seem to be saying they are). All of the ones I've purchased have come out looking pretty close to the picture on the front of the box (containing beans, chunks of cheese, or whatever is pictured). Then again, I only make it out to an Indian restaurant maybe once a year so it's entirely possible I'm missing something important here.


Hi OP,
I am not saying anything about the deal. It is really cheap as compared to purchasing outside and if purchasing in Indian grocery, u would can find for anywhere between $1.50 - $2.50.
But like I said I tried very many different types and they all seem just for the first time and that too not complete box used up. But for people who like and eat this stuff once in a while , should look into this deal, taken the price into consideration.


Thanks

The same thing in a restaurant costs you $12, not $1.50.

The following are ready to heat-and-eat. The rest involve cooking. Imho, they are okay for lazy days for convenience. Or as a novelty for some. 20% off is okay. Amazon frequently discounts them by more.

Recommended :
Red Kidney Beans
Palak Paneer (Spinach with cheese)
Chick Peas
Mixed Veggies with cheese
Variety Pack (barely)

Bleah:
Black Lentils
Mixed Veggies
Mirch ka Salan (Chili peppers)

Dessert:
Pumpkin pudding
Lentil pudding nice when moist and fresh from a new batch.

Krazen1211 said:   The same thing in a restaurant costs you $12, not $1.50.Indian grocery store, not restaurant.

have been eating the chick peas and red kidney beans over rice for a few years and they're a reasonable fast meal at a low price. i buy with the 20% S&S discount and an extra 20% will be great, so thanks OP!

My wife use these all the time. Throws in some pre-seared chicken, beef, or tofu, plus some veggies and it definitely takes care of the Indian food craving. Our indian friends were the ones who pointed us to these packets when we asked them for recipes. They scoffed and said no one with a normal day job, in their right mind, would make tikka masala or khorma from scratch. They could be f'ing with us, but I'm pretty happy with this stuff.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014