Pig Of The Month... 40% off Coupon Code

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

PIG OF THE MONTH
Disclaimer
If you watched Wendy Williams show and saw the Pig of the Month featured on her show, she gave her viewing audience a coupon code to use. Use coupon code "wendyque" for 40% off ANY order. If you do not know what Pig of the Month is, it is a mail order BBQ company. The food from them is AMAZING but pricey. They ship everything frozen in a Styrofoam cooler packed with dry ice.

PIG OF THE MONTH LINK

I always purchase the American BBQ Greatest Hits package. It's $110, but now on sale for $67. With the coupon you get it for $40.20. GREAT DEAL...

Coupon is case sensitive... use lowercase

Member Summary

pig of the month
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Omaha Pig?

LOL @6# of pork for $40.

"The official site for Wendy Williams and The Wendy Williams Show, a daytime talk show with celebrity interviews, musical guests and the latest beauty and..."

Yes, this is who I would trust for advice on ribs...as in which celebrity has the most poking out from NOT eating the food they're trying to sell.

On a more serious note, they're just like omaha - horridly overpriced even with 40% off. I'll just point out their 'bacon sampler pack' - 3 pounds of bacon for $46. Seriously.

Oh, and add in a $15 delivery charge plus 1-2 week "processing time" if using a deal voucher on your order.

Pass pass pass pass...

Looking at this deal objectively, taking OPs recommendation which contains 6 pounds of prepped racks of ribs plus the 1 pound of pulled pork at $55.00 shipped. That comes out to $7.85 a pound for Hormone-free, Antibiotic-free, Preservative-free, Free Range pork. Compare that to Lloyd's prepackaged pork ribs in the supermarket which are $9-10 a pound (e.g. Stop&Shop = $9.26lb) and not hormone/antibiotic/preservative free.

I've never tried these so I can't speak to how good/bad they are but I think to attack OP on price is inappropriate. To attack on quality, unless you have tried them and can speak from experience, is equally inappropriate.

And if you want to compare the ingredients list between the two:

Texas BBQ ribs from OP's POTM: Ingredients: Pork rib, Sauce (Ketchup (tomato puree, sugar, vinegar, spices), Brown Sugar, Worcestershire (vinegar, molasses, cane sugar, anchovies, water, onion, spices), Vinegar, Honey, Dijon Mustard, Cayenne Pepper, Liquid Smoke)

Lloyd's Original BBQ (from their website): PORK, TOMATOES (WATER, TOMATO PASTE), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: WHITE DISTILLED VINEGAR, MOLASSES, SEASONING BLEND (MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, SALT, CHILI PEPPER, PAPRIKA, ONION POWDER, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, GARLIC POWDER, SODIUM BENZOATE, HERBS AND SPICES, RED PEPPER, ERYTHORBIC ACID, GROUND CELERY, WHITE PEPPER), SEASONING RUB (SUGAR, SPICES, SALT, PAPRIKA, DEXTROSE, CARAMEL COLOR, GARLIC POWDER, COCOA POWDER, TAMARIND EXTRACT (CORN SYRUP, PRUNE JUICE CONCENTRATE, EXTRACTIVES OF TAMARIND, WATER, TARTARIC ACID, CARAMEL COLOR, CTIRIC ACID, MOLASSES), TOCOPHEROLS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, NATURAL FLAVORS), SALT, SUGAR, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVORING (WATER, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR), SODIUM PHOSPHATES, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVORING (WATER, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR), ANTIOXIDANT BLEND (POLYSORBATE 80, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, NATURAL FLAVOR, CANOLA OIL, SOYBEAN OIL, CITRIC ACID).

ciscoopa said:   "...as in which celebrity has the most poking out from NOT eating the food they're trying to sell... Perhaps you do not know who Wendy Williams as evidenced by your comment. She is a big girl who loves her food and is not shy to talk about it and very often eats it during the show.

Just sayin...

smileshadow said:   Looking at this deal objectively, etc etc ...And if you want to compare the ingredients list between the two:

Texas BBQ ribs from OP's POTM: Ingredients: Pork rib, Sauce (Ketchup (tomato puree, sugar, vinegar, spices), Brown Sugar, Worcestershire (vinegar, molasses, cane sugar, anchovies, water, onion, spices), Vinegar, Honey, Dijon Mustard, Cayenne Pepper, Liquid Smoke)

Lloyd's Original BBQ (from their website): PORK, TOMATOES (WATER, TOMATO PASTE), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: etc etc

I'm willing to bet they don't make their own "highlighted ingredients" ... and I'm also willing to bet that their list isn't as specific or complete as Lloyd's and it might be a tad less than 1% so it won't necessarily be listed.

on the plus side for PotM ... Hormone-free, Antibiotic-free, Preservative-free, Free Range pork. - nothin' to compare there ...

But, w/ $2 off TQ and $1 off coupons.com Q along w/ sale @ Publix ... the 37.4 oz was $9.99 ... less than $5 a pound. (at Target or Publix)

And besides that ... pork ribs are currently $1.79 lb ... go make 3x as much of your own.

And actually, I wish they would do like Curly's ... and make them sauceless ... so I can decide what flavor ...

Overall, if they taste good (w/ your 'budz and not Wendy's) and have a decent amount of meat on the rib ... it still seems like a pretty good deal for prepared HfAfPfFR pork ... (IOW - it ain't omaha)

Is this Kosher?

Hm... ignoring all the reds and looking at it objectively smileshadow suggests, I'm kinda tempted by this. I like cooking but not at all good/experienced with ribs so I always go for the prepared stuff. Even at Costco, a rack of prepared ribs run $10-$15 so this is basically in the same ballpark.

Question is, aside from the OP, has anyone tried these? Do they actually taste good?

Tried - WENDYQUE

Got - Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

Dead Deal

I've personally had these and they are really freaking delicious. They're worth the price for the ribs and pork, especially if you're like me, and not that awesome at making your own. I'd rather pay to have something all natural and without corn syrup than pay for the junk they sell at the grocery store.

I also don't think they're really meant to be an every week kind of purchase. It's more like Omaha and a once in a while or gift purchase - something special.

just my 2c

Use code "GiftInside" for 15% off

****ADMINS**** Please update this thread as current

I checked, "wendyque" is still active on certain items. I tried it on the all american.

Success: Your coupon discount has been applied!
Remove Image PRODUCT NAME Model Quantity Unit Price Total
AMERICAN BBQ GREATEST HITS ***
1lmt1tx1kw1pp $67.00 $67.00
Apply Discount Code
Use Gift Voucher

Sub-Total:$67.00
Coupon(wendyque):$-26.80
Total:$40.20
UpdateCheckout
Continue Shopping

I just tried this on the bacon pack and American BBQ greatest hits. I got "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"

Moderator, OP, I just tried it. Copy/Paste WENDYQUE said expired.
Typing in wendyque (yes, lower case) worked!

American BBQ Greatest Hits ***
Sub-Total: $67.00
Coupon(wendyque): $-26.80
Total: $40.20

OP, you might want to update your post to include this alternative.

Verified here as well. Works just fine, even got a sampler, but the shipping costs are insane. 30 bucks for my order.

Thanks ^smileshadow. Updated thread. Mods, please re-open

smileshadow said:   Moderator, OP, I just tried it. Copy/Paste WENDYQUE said expired.
Typing in wendyque (yes, lower case) worked!

American BBQ Greatest Hits ***
Sub-Total: $67.00
Coupon(wendyque): $-26.80
Total: $40.20

OP, you might want to update your post to include this alternative.

That's what I needed to see.

Thank you everyone for pursuing this. Really sticking with a deal like that is part of what makes our community so great.

I bought it to try. Hopefully it's as good as they say. Unfortunately, they don't allow codes to stack so I found a free shipping code, but couldn't apply both that and the 40% off. Oh well. Came out to $55 shipped for me too.

For a delicious make-your-own recipe, try Dr. Pepper Ribs -- uses the soda to tenderize the meat. Outstanding!
A side-benefit -- this recipe claims it has way fewer calories than the Outback entree.

For those that ordered, have you received and tried your orders yet? I hope you enjoy as I do.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014