• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/belkin-share-n300-wireless-n-router/...

Free shipping.

This one has support for DD-Wrt and Tomatousb. The USB port means you can hang a drive or printer off it.

Member Summary

Belkin Share N300
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Belkin Share N300
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have mix feelings on this unit. I've upgraded it, but the connections are always in the 40-60 range on my n devices. However it is very stable router.

Tomato rocks on this router. Very stable. DD-WRT also works fine but port forwarding does not work.

chaudha4 said:   Tomato rocks on this router. Very stable. DD-WRT also works fine but port forwarding does not work.

I have DD-WRT on this router and have no issues with port forwarding.

Perfect, I need a backup one as these don't handle power outages very well. Or at least mine dose not. I'm running DD-WRT and love it..

chaudha4 said:   Tomato rocks on this router. Very stable. DD-WRT also works fine but port forwarding does not work.

Hard to see how port forwarding would not work if you're able to install DD-WRT on it. What makes you think that it doesn't work?

Thrifty said:   chaudha4 said:   Tomato rocks on this router. Very stable. DD-WRT also works fine but port forwarding does not work.

Hard to see how port forwarding would not work if you're able to install DD-WRT on it. What makes you think that it doesn't work?

I'm not sure the issue he is having, but port forwarding definitely works on DD-WRT w/ this router. I have a 15-20 port forwards on mine with zero issues.

Note this model is not gigabit wired like the other deal that was about a year old.

Im a little mixed on this router. I put DDWRT on it and it sometime it works well but it has it's bad days. Sometime it stops working with my macbook and I have to turn off and on my macbook wifi to get it going again. This only happens with this router and not any other router. Also this router grinds to a halt anytime my son updates any of his steam apps to the point that I have to reboot it. Maybe 'll try tomato...

dmlavigne1 said:   Note this model is not gigabit wired like the other deal that was about a year old.

No way, how do you know? The one last year didn't say if it were gig either but it was.

Great price-Got one.

gnet said:   dmlavigne1 said:   Note this model is not gigabit wired like the other deal that was about a year old.

No way, how do you know? The one last year didn't say if it were gig either but it was.

Last year's was a refurb, maybe, but it was a different model. It said "Share Max" instead of just share and the box said 2 usb ports and gigabit on it. Both N300 though.

I have found that my 2010 Mac Book Pro dislikes using the same SSID on both 2.4 and 5.8 ... Works great on 2.4 ... But stops working when ever it switched over to the 5.8 ... Created a seperate SSID for 5.8, and the Mac has been reliable ever since ... (This with ddwrt)

N share is Ethernet. N share max is gigabit

price is showing $20.99 for me

I have this router running with DD-WRT for awhile now. Never have any problems from a stability perspective, but have been a little underwhelmed with its range. Will probably upgrade to something with more power soon.

OK this router is a bargain and runs solid with Tomato USB. The only problems I have had was my current one started acting funny after the power went out. Thought it was dead but one day it just turned back on mysteriously. So I am ordering a new one, cant beat it for 20.00. I have a printer and external hard drive hooked up via USB and run two TVS, DVD, PS3 and 2 PCS on Ethernet and 4 laptops, Wii, 3 cell phones, and aditional router in the garage with a Roku radio player hooked up. Never have any problems with speed and connections to the network only the issue with the power.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014