rated:

Member Summary

Sony Ericsson MN800
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good price.

I owned one. There is at least one long thread on here about this. I wouldn't waste your time unless you like to futz with stuff. Which is what you will do unless Sony has made vast improvements which I doubt, considering the later model is now old, even.

Getting it in and out of the watch bad will also eventually physically break it.

Hey, For $20 I will give it a try plus they have the $5 off coupons for eBay members now to make purchases that are good until the end of the month.

It's a waste of time. I like to tinker too, but trust me, it's just going to end in tears.

I'm sorta the resident thread squasher on these... but I seem to get praise when doing so.

Search some of my old posts for everything that's wrong with this one. At one point I thought it could be a simple OLED watch at least, and it fails at even that. I use an ancient Microsoft SPOT watch, and tolerate that as a wrist watch... so I can handle geek. This is just crap.

IMHO these liveviews have become awesome. There's open source firmware functioning and under active development, an open source reverse-engineered application, the official Sony app was updated about a week ago, there's about 100 or so apps on the play store for it... as the price of the watch keeps falling, the Devs are going to continually fix and add functionality. I'm happy with mine. Just bought an extra one. IMHO the negative reviews were on older android devices, with crap BT stacks, with older firmware, and older Sony app. Such problems are largely obviated - especially if you are rooted.

@Asuka cool. thanks for the heads-up about the SPOT watch... I had never heard of those. Too bad they didn't take off - looks awesome. Wish the liveview had some sort of data reception via AM/FM or something. Great idea.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014