• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$.09

HOT HOT HOT

Cabela's
See Cabela's discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

AMMO .22LR
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

spendy. good ammo though.

IMHO anything above .05 is not hot. Some feel that availability makes this hot, but I disagree. Room temperature, maybe...but not hot. One box limit doesn't help matters any either.

How do I specify ship to store? It doesn't seem to be giving me the option, standard delivery only for $5.95.....

AmishBoy said:   IMHO anything above .05 is not hot. Some feel that availability makes this hot, but I disagree. Room temperature, maybe...but not hot. One box limit doesn't help matters any either.

Private browser session.

Agree on room temp Dick's and Bass Pro have been semi-regularly getting in bulk packs for $.05-.06 a round, though I haven't seen any at Wally World in NW IL since 2012.

r4ndy said:   Agree on room temp Dick's and Bass Pro have been semi-regularly getting in bulk packs for $.05-.06 a round, though I haven't seen any at Wally World in NW IL since 2012.

I haven't seen copper jacketed 22lr rounds at that price in a decade. Lead nose ya, and some of the lowest quality ammo, but def not CCI copper jacketed.

Very true Cpt. I am thinking plinking, guess if you need the copper a little hotter.

CptSavAHo said:   r4ndy said:   Agree on room temp Dick's and Bass Pro have been semi-regularly getting in bulk packs for $.05-.06 a round, though I haven't seen any at Wally World in NW IL since 2012.

I haven't seen copper jacketed 22lr rounds at that price in a decade. Lead nose ya, and some of the lowest quality ammo, but def not CCI copper jacketed.

DOH! Good point. Hey...it's early on a Saturday. Gimme a break. GREEN!

Last 22lr ammo I bought at Dicks in October 2012 was 3 bricks of 525 each on sale for $17 dollars per brick, less a $10 survey coupon. That brought the final price to $0.004 or 4 tenths of a cent each. The next time I see it for 1 cent per round I will consider that hot but for now I think it is just a panic buyer market that will come back down to near it was before.

russellt said:   Last 22lr ammo I bought at Dicks in October 2012 was 3 bricks of 525 each on sale for $17 dollars per brick, less a $10 survey coupon. That brought the final price to $0.004 or 4 tenths of a cent each. The next time I see it for 1 cent per round I will consider that hot but for now I think it is just a panic buyer market that will come back down to near it was before.

Your math is way off dude.

3 bricks of 525 = 1575 rounds.
$17 / brick = $51 minus your $10 coupon = $41.00 (not counting any taxes)

$41/1575 rounds = 2.6 cents per round. Not 4/10ths of a cent each.

And yes, 2.6 cents a round is a great price. You would only "consider buying" at 1 cent per round? That would be $5.25 a brick, you realize that right?

Go ahead and hold your breath for that price. It will mean there's less people to buy it up when it reaches normal prices of 2-5 cents a round.

Even if you got a coupon that gave you $10 off per brick, you'd still be paying more than 1 cent per round at $7 per brick. But I know Dick's didn't let you use three $10 coupons in the same purchase.

russellt said:   Last 22lr ammo I bought at Dicks in October 2012 was 3 bricks of 525 each on sale for $17 dollars per brick, less a $10 survey coupon. That brought the final price to $0.004 or 4 tenths of a cent each. The next time I see it for 1 cent per round I will consider that hot but for now I think it is just a panic buyer market that will come back down to near it was before.

Translation
" My grandkids will be the next one to shoot my rifle 60 years from now cause I will never buy ammo again."

anything under .09 is decent if it shoots in your gun.

AmishBoy said:   IMHO anything above .05 is not hot. Some feel that availability makes this hot, but I disagree. Room temperature, maybe...but not hot. One box limit doesn't help matters any either.

I think that we can revisit the issue of the relationship between availability and hotness when we are all breathing canned air...

I was drinking my coffee this am and decided a box, delivered to my door at a price
of 15 cents each was good. First .22 longs I've purchased in 14-15 months.
Squirrel population is getting kinda heavy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014