• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LG (42LM3400) 42" 1080p 60Hz Cinema 3D LED Slim HDTV w/ 4 Pairs of 3D Glasses @ Walmart - $398.00
was $549.99
Free Shipping!

• 42" LED Back-lit LCD HDTV (1920 x 1080)
  • 60Hz Refresh Rate
  • 2 HDMI Ports and USB Port
  • 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Walmart
Need a Walmart coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

LG (42LM3400) 42" 1080p 60Hz Cinema 3D LED Slim HDTV w/ 4 Pairs of 3D Glasses
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems cheap for 42in led with 3d but 60hz explains it at least partially...

it is a bit tempting at the price point what being LED and 3d and having glasses but you are correct that 60hz throws me off.

I've had this TV for a few months now and for the price it is a really nice set with LG quality and very good reviews. It's a perfect fit for my bedroom.

If it had more inputs and if it was 120hz then it would be good.

SaveMeSomeMoooolah said:   If it had more inputs and if it was 120hz then it would be good.

If it was 55in it would good...of course more features is always better but not a bad price for what you get. Cheaper items are cheaper for a reason.

bummer its 60hz

Forgive my ignorance on this, but what does 60 vs 120Hz mean to an average person watching some tv or movies with the kids? I'm guessing it's more for people with a whole "home theater" set up, not someone (still) waiting on replacing an old non-HD TV

Thanks - D

I'm thinking about pulling a trigger, 60 vs 120, they said matter of distance of viewing, I live in a 1200 sq feet of 2 bed apt should be enough for me, 3d glass is plus. I just wish there is more extra HDMI ports, but oh well.

Just ordered one for my bedroom. Thanks OP.

comodosky said:   I'm thinking about pulling a trigger, 60 vs 120, they said matter of distance of viewing, I live in a 1200 sq feet of 2 bed apt should be enough for me, 3d glass is plus. I just wish there is more extra HDMI ports, but oh well.

All you need is one HDMI port and use an auto-switching HDMI switch. This way whatever you turn on (Blu-Ray player, PS3, etc.) will appear on the screen a couple of seconds later and go back to cable, etc. after you turn it off. No need for multiple HDMI inputs at all...

Looks like the TV works on dual voltage (100-250V 50/60Hz). Would work abroad.

ETA: Have added the Technical Specs in Quick Summary

I pulled the trigger on this one earlier today, the reviews are great at best buy and Amazon. And i figured at this price point, if i wanted to add apps like Netflix, etc, i could pick up a cheap wi-fi bluray player or streaming video player. You can always add Netflix, but you can't add 3d to a tv

If you don't watch sports, 60hz is just fine. Or maybe I'm the only one who hates the "soap opera" look that 120hz gives to movies.Add a raspberry pi to this puppy for another $50 and you have yourself the smartest tv out there.

dalejava said:   Forgive my ignorance on this, but what does 60 vs 120Hz mean to an average person watching some tv or movies with the kids? I'm guessing it's more for people with a whole "home theater" set up, not someone (still) waiting on replacing an old non-HD TV

Thanks - D

95% of viewers wouldn't know if they were watching 60, 120 or 600Hz. I have 2 60Hz TV's and 1 120Hz and have no idea what the difference is. I actually like watching the hockey playoffs on the LG as the picture looks more crisp to me than on my 65". Those that rant about 120Hz are the same ones that hook up their stuff with monster cables.

Ive had this tv for months and its a great tv for the price, u can also use the 3d glasses u get at the movies

Do we get Wall mount with this TV?

Thank you OP. I really need this larger screen.

Warm Smiles,
OneBabyKitty

Finally succumbed to the deal. Hopefully, there will be no regrets. Thanks OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014