Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Rome: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal. Price has come down drastically. In my opinion the second, or perhaps third, best series ever made for TV (after Deadwood and Band of Angels).

Was this a series that got cancelled before it wrapped up (or they had to wrap it up really quick?) Or is it worth investing the time to see?

The ending did not seem rushed, but it definitely seemed to imply that a sequel would follow. But it never did, and probably never will. Which is too bad. It's definitely worth watching, and also worth owning at this price. I bought it several years ago for around $63, from A.mazon. However, like many things, there's no guarantee that you will like it.

Fizzter said:   Was this a series that got cancelled before it wrapped up (or they had to wrap it up really quick?) Or is it worth investing the time to see?

HBO intended for the show to be a single season. After the huge success of season one, they decided to make one more season to appease all the fans of the series. It is DEFINITELY worth checking out. They wrap everything up pretty well (except for a handful of things that are left up to the viewers imagination) when the second season ends.

This is a great price, I remember picking this up a couple years ago for around $90-100

cga said:   The ending did not seem rushed, but it definitely seemed to imply that a sequel would follow. But it never did, and probably never will. Which is too bad. It's definitely worth watching, and also worth owning at this price. I bought it several years ago for around $63, from A.mazon. However, like many things, there's no guarantee that you will like it.

It certainly was. It was planned to go at least 3 seasons and then ran out of money early. The beginning of the second season was good, but the Dallas effect of losing the patriarch, and other notables, and bringing in inferior actors ie Octavian and his bunch of punks, and giving too much time to supporting actors who then faltered, then end of season two left a bad taste. First season was the bomb, and best TV (although it was cable) for me anyway since the heyday of my youth ie battlestar galactica/buck rogers. Great pickup at this price, I paid $80 xmas 2009, and got some bing CashBack.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014