• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History

See Monoprice coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Thanks BMWLVR82
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

use "e32013" coupon code for 10% off

Has anyone here actually bought one of these? Reviews online seem rather good but there's only a few and some are suspiciously enthusiastic. I'd like to get back into playing so I'm not quite a beginner but I also think a $700-$800 Fender would likely be overkill. I choose my guitars based on neck feel and playability and was hoping I could get this as a general use instrument (and not the toy a Starcaster or Fender Bullet seems to be). Any good FW people out there with experience on this one? TIA!

From what I've read, experiences vary. Some people mention fret buzz; others have none. If you bought one, a trip to the local luthier for a set-up may be worth your time and money. If you're looking for a $72 strat-style guitar, you probably wont find one better in this price range. If you're looking for a $300-$500 guitar, that's a whole other ball park. It's not a Fender.

It's less than $100 for a brand new guitar (with bag, normally $30 or more by itself). You can't expect it to be stellar and anyone that does isn't being realistic. If it plays decent and sounds decent then you got a hell of a deal at this price. Some fret buzz issues could be from the neck or intonation issues requiring setup, or making sure that the thing is tuned properly (not dropped 2 1/2 steps down to mimic the tuning of your favorite grindcore band for example). For beginners, it's hard to imagine finding a deal better than this.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015