• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMQTVK0

$499 (free shipping, no tax)

Preorder through Amazon and get:
Day One Console includes a limited edition controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, premium packaging, and decal.

Please feel free to "red" away, but I expect this to be a hot item for the christmas season this year.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

XBOX One
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Don't forget the aluminum foil.

whatsupwitdis (Jun. 21, 2013 @ 4:41a) |

Who is canceling their PS4 preorder to preorder an xbox one? Tell the truth.

nkha1 (Jun. 21, 2013 @ 1:26p) |

Complete truth: I ordered a 2nd PS4 for the kids as well. Microsoft didn't invest tens of millions into Azure, and it ... (more)

ebbikenezer (Jun. 21, 2013 @ 2:03p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I knew it was just a matter of time as to when this junk would swim over to this side of the deal pond.

Working Link...

XBox One - Preorder @ Amazon

I didn't say I "LIKE" the XBox One...I just fixed the OP's link! So, what's with the haters giving me RED?!!?

respdoc said:   I knew it was just a matter of time as to when this junk would swim over to this side of the deal pond.

I duno, might be able to flip it and sell it for Christmas.

edit: correct me if I'm wrong but you can also use this as an opportunity to meet cc spend by ordering today and canceling around Nov.

kvs25 said:   

edit: correct me if I'm wrong but you can also use this as an opportunity to meet cc spend by ordering today and canceling around Nov.

Quite convoluted of a reason (as it would also apply to any pre-order item) but I do give you points for creativity as to rationale.

respdoc said:   kvs25 said:   

Quite convoluted of a reason (as it would also apply to any pre-order item) but I do give you points for creativity as to rationale.

actually, I'm wrong. They don't charge your cc until it gets shipped.

hammer45 said:   http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMQTVK0

$499 (free shipping, no tax)

Preorder through Amazon and get:
Day One Console includes a limited edition controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, premium packaging, and decal.

Please feel free to "red" away, but I expect this to be a hot item for the christmas season this year.
"no tax", as always, is a state-by-state thing. They certainly charge here in CA.

But more importantly, I really don't think pre-order at MSRP warrants a "Hot Deal" post. Sometimes exceptions can be made if it's exceedingly rare and impossible to find, but even then a lot of people frown on it.

MSRP is not HOT. Red.

Would be hot if it doubled as a Windows 8 Desktop PC as well but it remains a dumb game console

hammer45 said:   

You knew it would get red, which means you knew it did not meet the guidelines for this forum, yet you posted it anyway.

Does this include the Kinect?

peste386 said:   hammer45 said:   

You knew it would get red, which means you knew it did not meet the guidelines for this forum, yet you posted it anyway.

No, I know how these postings go:

People think PS4 is better than XBOX = RED
People think paying full price for a limited quantity item is dumb = RED
People think I'm eating an Omaha Steak, listening to my Bose speakers while posting this deal = RED

I short, I dont post based upon whether I think I will get red or not. Bottom line, if you want to preorder a XBOX One and get it tax free and no shipping, order here. If you don't, then move on. Geez, people take things too seriously.

f2000sa said:   Does this include the Kinect?

Yes, Kinect is standard with the new Xbox.

You're response was hilarious. I changed my vote to green just because I enjoyed the laugh. Thanks. Now I got to go find my ThermaPen to see if my steak is done. (The only ridiculously overpriced item I could think of that consistently gets green when it's posted.)

hammer45 said:   f2000sa said:   Does this include the Kinect?

Yes, Kinect is standard with the new Xbox.

Not only that, it's always on and enabled, and the console must phone home at least once every 24 hrs to report it's status (and possibly yours).

Amzon has low price guarantee. If the price is lower before they ship, you get the lower price. Besides, you can always cancel before they ship it.

Yes, it has kinect and it cannot be turned off. If you tape over the cam or point it towards a wall it will complain that it needs to be recalibrated. It reports back over the internet (that is required to play games) how many people are in the room and what they are doing. It has built in filters that categorize your behavior and can be queried remotely to see if the database has a record of you doing whatever. I kid you not.

Welcome to 1984.

Thanks for posting this!
The only thing you forgot in your reply was that they won't "red" you until they pre-ordered 10 of them to flip on fleabay or craigslist.

jimmybgood said:   Yes, it has kinect and it cannot be turned off. If you tape over the cam or point it towards a wall it will complain that it needs to be recalibrated. It reports back over the internet (that is required to play games) how many people are in the room and what they are doing. It has built in filters that categorize your behavior and can be queried remotely to see if the database has a record of you doing whatever. I kid you not.

Welcome to 1984.

Source?

Tax for Texas, no Tax for Tennessee.
Tax for Texas, Tax we didn't use to see.
Give us Tax for Texas, Susan Combs made a fool out of we.

pyieaung said:   jimmybgood said:   Yes, it has kinect and it cannot be turned off. If you tape over the cam or point it towards a wall it will complain that it needs to be recalibrated. It reports back over the internet (that is required to play games) how many people are in the room and what they are doing. It has built in filters that categorize your behavior and can be queried remotely to see if the database has a record of you doing whatever. I kid you not.

Welcome to 1984.

Source?

Reynolds Wrap

Nope

pyieaung said:   jimmybgood said:   Yes, it has kinect and it cannot be turned off. If you tape over the cam or point it towards a wall it will complain that it needs to be recalibrated. It reports back over the internet (that is required to play games) how many people are in the room and what they are doing. It has built in filters that categorize your behavior and can be queried remotely to see if the database has a record of you doing whatever. I kid you not.

Welcome to 1984.

Source?
PROOF

Green from me because pre-ordering through Microsoft Store charges your card today.

Playstation 4 is having a press conference in a few hours. MSRP on PS4 is rumored to be $349.

If you weren't MSFT's slave by now, you will be when you buy this..make sure you read all the new protections they are putting on it.

Krazen1211 said:   Playstation 4 is having a press conference in a few hours. MSRP on PS4 is rumored to be $349.

wow!, i hope that is true,but i fear after the xbox price announcement today, Sony scrambled to have there presentation changed to increase the price to $449 knowing they could make an extra $100 and still undercut xbox, LOL

$349 would rock, and probably force xbox to drop the price before launch even happens

Red because of bad product

The premium packaging will look great in my recycling box... SOLD!

thats alot of red

Just say NO to first sale doctrine rights losses. Spend/Don't spend money to influence market and demand what is fair.

link

smoeke said:   Krazen1211 said:   Playstation 4 is having a press conference in a few hours. MSRP on PS4 is rumored to be $349.

wow!, i hope that is true,but i fear after the xbox price announcement today, Sony scrambled to have there presentation changed to increase the price to $449 knowing they could make an extra $100 and still undercut xbox, LOL

$349 would rock, and probably force xbox to drop the price before launch even happens

Cost to manufacture the Xbox is allegedly roughly $50 more. Surprising since the PS4 has superior RAM, other than that they are essentially the same hardware.

I think I am going to buy my PC a GeForce GTX770 and bump up my Steam wallet.

peste386 said:   You're response was hilarious. I changed my vote to green just because I enjoyed the laugh. Thanks. Now I got to go find my ThermaPen to see if my steak is done. (The only ridiculously overpriced item I could think of that consistently gets green when it's posted.) I should give you red because my overpriced Thermapen is cracked where it pivots.

I will have one for sure.

I can see MS is burying themselves with this...

$500 LOL

"Please feel free to "red" away, but I expect this to be a hot item for the christmas season this year."

Hot for Christmas? Isn't this June?

Does anyone know if the NSA will give a rebate with purchase? Any other federal incentives?

Skipping 60 Messages...
nkha1 said:   Who is canceling their PS4 preorder to preorder an xbox one? Tell the truth.

Complete truth: I ordered a 2nd PS4 for the kids as well. Microsoft didn't invest tens of millions into Azure, and it working cross platform, to toss it in the toilet on the xbox front.

It'll be back, I promise.

I'm not going to invest into a system, once you're invested you're MUCH less likely to get rid of it if they change policies again.

But to be fair: to each their own, been shafted by MS before, so I'll avoid it this time.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014