Pre-Order: XBOX One $499 - Avail Nov 30

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Hope all the buyers get disappointed with this overpriced VCR

nkha1 said:   Just like I said...all they have to do is turn it off if people complain and that is exactly what happened.

PS4 is dead in the water with this news. You look at the two products and it's not even close.

Just because Microsoft back-peddled and changed the DRM issue and removed the requirement for being always online does not make the PS4 "dead in the water".
It just makes it slightly more competitive for the next-gen console war.

Since the PS4 will still be $100 less and not have a spying device, I'm going with a PS4 first and then consider an XBOX when it goes on sale. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, this thread should below in "Deal Discussion" instead of "Hot Deals"

qUAan said:   Hope all the buyers get disappointed with this overpriced VCR

What a stupid thing to say. What is wrong with you?

Is there anyone in here worried about .gov and the kinect that doesn't have a camera on their cell phone and or laptop. I mean even with the proper amount of tinfoil on dont you think .gov could easily be using those devices to "track your every move" or are we just worried that only the kinect will catch us picking our noses while waiting for the next COD match to load up?

Green OP

Paying $500 at the end of November and selling for, let's seeeee - $800 around middle of December

Ain't America great!

slickdeal45 said:   qUAan said:   Hope all the buyers get disappointed with this overpriced VCR

What a stupid thing to say. What is wrong with you?

VCR? That's sooooo 1990's

FrugalFreak said:   A win for the little guys and girls and teens and well everyone.

I disagree somewhat.

After looking into it more, the previous restrictions were in place because ONCE YOU LOADED THE GAME YOU DIDNT NEED THE DISC ANYMORE. If the games will now all require the disc to play, then I'm not sure this is a win. I'd rather not have to deal with putting a physical disc in my console.

Phil

EDIT: And they eliminated sharing with your family or friends (up to 10 people). Lame, but expected.

Well Microsoft was "testing" the water with its digital iniciative and I guess people didn't like their "flavor" so much, but now shelve makers rejoice as gamers can keep collecting more game cases.

PhortyninerPhil said:   FrugalFreak said:   A win for the little guys and girls and teens and well everyone.

I disagree somewhat.

After looking into it more, the previous restrictions were in place because ONCE YOU LOADED THE GAME YOU DIDNT NEED THE DISC ANYMORE. If the games will now all require the disc to play, then I'm not sure this is a win. I'd rather not have to deal with putting a physical disc in my console.

Phil

EDIT: And they eliminated sharing with your family or friends (up to 10 people). Lame, but expected.
Yeah there's definitely a trade-off, but if the ONLY advantage is that I wouldn't have to get up off my @ss and swap out a disc vs ability to sell/buy used games, I think this is a big win.

That said, there are a lot of POTENTIAL advantages with the digital licensing/no disc after installation model (think Steam), but MS never really explicitly described those. I was going to go with an xb1 either way, but it seems like a big failure on MS's part in not really highlighting all the advantages and letting the debate get dominated by the used game issue. I still think this could've been really great, but I guess we won't find out at least until the next generation of consoles.

They should simply do a 2 tier policy. The old policy for disc based games and the new for downloaded. People can pick and choose.

Yuyak said:   
That said, there are a lot of POTENTIAL advantages with the digital licensing/no disc after installation model (think Steam), but MS never really explicitly described those. I was going to go with an xb1 either way, but it seems like a big failure on MS's part in not really highlighting all the advantages and letting the debate get dominated by the used game issue. I still think this could've been really great, but I guess we won't find out at least until the next generation of consoles.

You still have option of buying the digital version of games online. Then you don't have to worry about inserting the media. The definite advantage is that you'd never have to worry about misplacing your media. The trade-off is that you won't be able to rent or sell. This isn't any different than Steam, right?

duckbutter48 said:   Is there anyone in here worried about .gov and the kinect that doesn't have a camera on their cell phone and or laptop. I mean even with the proper amount of tinfoil on dont you think .gov could easily be using those devices to "track your every move" or are we just worried that only the kinect will catch us picking our noses while waiting for the next COD match to load up?

Here's a cheap hack to fix this problem -

Link

nkha1 said:   Just like I said...all they have to do is turn it off if people complain and that is exactly what happened.

PS4 is dead in the water with this news. You look at the two products and it's not even close.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Microsoft screwed the pooch here big time. They waited too late in many cases (including my own). I own both a Xbox 360 and a PS3. I was only going to get one of the next gen consoles. MS' stance on used games (that they've now backpedaled on) made my choice easy. I've already pre-ordered my PS4. Dumb move by a group of dumb (and arrogant) people over there at Microsoft.

Silly. You are not even close to reality.

I like to randomly expose myself facing skyward in case the government is trying to spy on me with satellites.

Time to start complaining to Microsoft about the price and see if they will come down to the PS4 level...lol

Krazen1211 said:   smoeke said:   Krazen1211 said:   Playstation 4 is having a press conference in a few hours. MSRP on PS4 is rumored to be $349.

wow!, i hope that is true,but i fear after the xbox price announcement today, Sony scrambled to have there presentation changed to increase the price to $449 knowing they could make an extra $100 and still undercut xbox, LOL

$349 would rock, and probably force xbox to drop the price before launch even happens

Cost to manufacture the Xbox is allegedly roughly $50 more. Surprising since the PS4 has superior RAM, other than that they are essentially the same hardware.

The extra cost is probably from the kinect so it makes sense.

lordoffire said:   I like to randomly expose myself facing skyward in case the government is trying to spy on me with satellites. Don't forget the aluminum foil.

Who is canceling their PS4 preorder to preorder an xbox one? Tell the truth.

nkha1 said:   Who is canceling their PS4 preorder to preorder an xbox one? Tell the truth.

Complete truth: I ordered a 2nd PS4 for the kids as well. Microsoft didn't invest tens of millions into Azure, and it working cross platform, to toss it in the toilet on the xbox front.

It'll be back, I promise.

I'm not going to invest into a system, once you're invested you're MUCH less likely to get rid of it if they change policies again.

But to be fair: to each their own, been shafted by MS before, so I'll avoid it this time.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014