• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History

Member Summary

20x Rakuten Points
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Rakuten.com or Buy.com
Their super points is a scam. And that company will steal ypur credit card number.
Read their reviews and you will know.

ken94538 said:   Rakuten.com or Buy.com
Their super points is a scam. And that company will steal ypur credit card number.
Read their reviews and you will know.

WHAT ?!

Please explain. I have ordered from Buy.com before without a problem.

my3sonsmom said:   Please explain. I have ordered from Buy.com before without a problem.

Over on Slickdeals, a bunch of people have reported their credit cards being stolen after purchases at Buy.com. You can search around and find the forum topic about it.

About 260+ people have reported fraud so far

I paid with PayPal so hope I'm safe with that but after reading all that fraud I'm going to delete my cc info.

Rakuten SCAM Information:

ResellerRatings of 0.42/10 (yes, zero-point-four-two out of ten): Link
Facebook page for Rakuten where they have been deleteing posts: Link
Multiple news outlets reporting on stole credit card numbers from Rakuten: Yahoo! Consumerist Deal News Head-Fi and SlickDeals members are also reporting many many credit card numbers stolen.

You don't even have to have purchased something from them - merely entering in credit card information into the online profile will likely have your number stolen. Multiple members reporting that other accounts, loans, etc were opened in their names as well which suggests Social Security identities were also stolen by having all of your personal information leaked from Rakuten's servers.

Please stay away from them!

I bought a laptop on Rakuten a couple months ago and they gave $100 in Rakuten points. I read about some security issues so paid with PayPal to avoid giving them my cc info. Now my points are valid but the site won't let me use them unless I give my cc number.

I thought I could just use the points if I buy something less than the total $ I have in points, but they don't let you use PayPal / v.me or master pass when redeeming the points, so I'm stuck with over $100 free unless I give these thieves my cc. Still debating.

DelCheapo said:   I bought a laptop on Rakuten a couple months ago and they gave $100 in Rakuten points. I read about some security issues so paid with PayPal to avoid giving them my cc info. Now my points are valid but the site won't let me use them unless I give my cc number.

I thought I could just use the points if I buy something less than the total $ I have in points, but they don't let you use PayPal / v.me or master pass when redeeming the points, so I'm stuck with over $100 free unless I give these thieves my cc. Still debating.

Get a prepaid card with the amount you are going to pay for the product and give them those details

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014