• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
BESTBUY LINK

IMPORTANT: To take advantage of this offer, you must have a BestBuy.com account with your Reward Zone® member number attached. If you don't have a BestBuy.com account, you can create one now.

Membership is free.
Reward Zone Program Gamers Club Info

---

Retail prices are $49.99 and $17.99 for 1-year and 3-month subscriptions, respectively.

-Playstation Plus is required for PLAYSTATION 4 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.
-Only 1 subscription needed per console for multiple accounts.
-It is NOT required for apps such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Instant Video, among others (though you need to pay for those services separately).
-It is NOT required for Playstation 3 Online Multiplayer.

Info:
(1) E3 2013: Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida Shares Relevant Details on PlayStation Plus Requirement for Multiplayer on PS4
(2) One PlayStation Plus Account on PS4 Will Allow Other Accounts to Play Online on Same Console
(3) Further clarification on Sony's DRM policies: No more online pass

Member Summary

playstation plus
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you're patient, you can also nab a one year for around $35 on eBay, just set up a daily search for "playstation plus"

Some sellers have a 1 year card while others are selling stackable 1 month codes (which gives 360 days).

Perfect Timing.

+1 OP, thanks! great timing. These don't expire anytime soon do they? I have a 360 but am going to get a PS4 so obviously I don't want to use the code yet (until the holiday season)

utvfl said:   +1 OP, thanks! great timing. These don't expire anytime soon do they? I have a 360 but am going to get a PS4 so obviously I don't want to use the code yet (until the holiday season)

Some of the codes do have an expiration printed on the card. I'd assume anything being sold through Best Buy is good for at least a year.

happypants said:   utvfl said:   +1 OP, thanks! great timing. These don't expire anytime soon do they? I have a 360 but am going to get a PS4 so obviously I don't want to use the code yet (until the holiday season)

Some of the codes do have an expiration printed on the card. I'd assume anything being sold through Best Buy is good for at least a year.

Yes, I believe the expiration date is 1 year after purchase.

Of course, I don't know how well enforced those expiration dates are. For example, today I finally opened up my God of War Saga bundle, inside was a voucher for a free month of PS+ that has an expiration date of 3/31/3012. I was able to redeem it with no problems. After I found that voucher code, I went through some of my other game cases just in case I forget to claim some codes. I found a code from Uncharted 2 for DLC and other items that was valid only through "09/05/2011 - 09/05/2012," however, today I successfully redeem each one of those codes.

With all that said, I wouldn't risk going over 1 year just in case.

My XBL Gold just ran out, and I plan on giving Microsoft the finger, so I won't be renewing. Do you need Playstation Plus for NFL Sunday Ticket? I will probably pick up a used PS3 in time for football season and a PS4 somewhere down the road.

Oh! Something else that I thought was really cool. I've only experienced PS+ twice; once last year on a 30-day free trial and today I started another free 30-day trial. What's cool is that all of the "free" games that I downloaded last year are still available for me to download today after I re-activated my PS+ account. The two that I remember are Borderlands and Outland.

I was under the impression that the "free" monthly games are only free for that month and then you would need to buy the game if you wanted to keep playing after they were taken down. Nope! Totally sweet

Toddler said:   My XBL Gold just ran out, and I plan on giving Microsoft the finger, so I won't be renewing. Do you need Playstation Plus for NFL Sunday Ticket? I will probably pick up a used PS3 in time for football season and a PS4 somewhere down the road.

Nope, don't need PS+ for Sunday ticket.

Here is some info for you:
Official PSN NFL Sunday Ticket Page
Official PSN NFL Sunday Ticket FAQ

no need

ctgolfer said:   no need

Thanks for the input.

ctgolfer said:   no need

"no need" for what?

I'm in for one...no time to wait on those PS+ cards on eBay...plus closer to PS4 launch date means prices on those will match market pricing most likely. Anyway great find, and after only an hour recovering my ancient best buy passwords and then linking it to my newly formed gamer card membership, it is finally on order.

As for everyone down rating member ctgolfer and his comment it was in regards to the question on needing PS+ for NFL Sunday ticket saying there is no need, just a duplicate response.

Best of success in your discount hunting all!

Good!I like.

In for one. I probably wont activate it though until I get my ps4.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014