Starbucks $5 for $10 - Groupon Canada

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/coffee-deal-summer

I believe you need to register for a new card for it to load. It will be in Canadian currency but can be used in the US.

Starbucks Store
Need a Starbucks Store coupon that earns 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Groupon
Need a Groupon coupon that earns 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

starbucks (35.82kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

FYI, fine print says that it's valid in Canada only, but good deal for Canadians

The description says 'Valid within Canada only.'
Have you tried to reload the balance to your Starbucks US Account?

Not able to reload it into US card ... but if you are using starbucks app, keeping multiple cards for the future is OK for me then.

Sweet! See you at Queen's U Starbucks!!

Loaded into my Starbucks app fine and shows a $9.79 balance (which is correct factoring in the current conversion rate)

Verified. Works fine in the US via the app.

I have it loaded into the app, but when I tried to transfer the balance it says "Balance cannot be transferred to a card of foreign currency." It does show a balance of $9.79 though.

*Edit* I just paid using the app in a store, and it worked with no issues. Used my 50% off coupon too.

to recap:
1) Buy the Groupon.
2) Convert Groupon to a Starbuck's "card" per the instructions. Keep the window open.
3) Download Starbucks app.
4) Add the card from step 2. It will show a balance of $9.xx in USD.
5) Walk into a store and pay using that card on the app.

(Others have reported printing out the ecard and scanning that in the store to pay too)

I tried to transfer it to my existing digital gift card online. It told me the same thing that I could not transfer currency to an outside market or something along those lines. I was able to add the card as a separate gift card into my account. Has anyone used the gift card at a brick and mortar yet?

Apparently you can't use American Express cards to pay for this...

I can see it now... 2019... Canada... forgot to bring the Starbucks card I couldn't redeem in the US... GRRR!

Thanks OP.
My app showed $9.84.
Thanks to others as well who listed the steps to complete the purchase and add to the app.

I recently bought a $150 (6 X $25) Starbucks gift card from a guy in Canada on eBay for $100 (yes, it's been working fine for 3 weeks and many purchases, and no, I don't care from where or how he got it). Had the same issue trying to add it to my existing USA gold card. You can't put it on your USA card but you can add this "foreign" card to your current account and work with 2 cards in the 1 account. It also adds to your SB Gold card rewards purchases as long as it is on the same gold account as your USA cards. You CAN combine foreign with foreign so you could add a 2nd Canadian gift card to your Canadian Groupon one if you have more than 1 as I combined his 6 to one then added it to my gold card account.

Thanks, OP! $9.84 for me.

Thank you, OP. $9.83 on my Starbucks account for me. I added .17 cents to it, then bought a $10 physical gift card with the $10 balance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014