• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

tool set
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not a buy, quality is too poor.
The large master one on the lower left corner will fall apart first quickly, rendering smaller bits useless, of course you can still use them on other sets you may already have.
Many of the other small ones are rarely needed.
I got it, wish I did not.

To Qhum...thanks for the review. I was about to buy a set, but was iffy cause never heard of the HDX brand before.

HDX is a recent Home Depot label (like Husky). No idea who makes them, pretty sure they are made in China. Probably have a lifetime warranty. I have a similar set, quality is okay, not great, but not awful. A 65 piece set for $10 (and remember its 17% off with Shop Discover) is a very decent deal.

I've picked up a few of the HDX branded sets along the way. It's equivalent to Harbor Freight and other, entry level Chinese tool quality. Perfectly useful for occasional use, not the kind of thing that will stand up to everyday hard use like a higher quality tool.

I have 25 HomeDepot gift cards of $25 lying around. Now I can put a part of one card to use. Thanks OP

hpmax said:   HDX is a recent Home Depot label (like Husky). No idea who makes them, pretty sure they are made in China. Probably have a lifetime warranty. I have a similar set, quality is okay, not great, but not awful. A 65 piece set for $10 (and remember its 17% off with Shop Discover) is a very decent deal.

HDX has no warranty according to the post below on StackExchange.

http://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/26272/whats-the-differenc...

I have a HDX precision screwdriver set. Not exactly apples to apples comparison, but it has saved me numerous times. The pivoting head proved very helpful.

hpmax said:   HDX is a recent Home Depot label (like Husky). No idea who makes them, pretty sure they are made in China. Probably have a lifetime warranty. I have a similar set, quality is okay, not great, but not awful. A 65 piece set for $10 (and remember its 17% off with Shop Discover) is a very decent deal.

I am not seeing 16% off with Shop Discover. I am only seeing 10%.

Soliloquy said:   I have a HDX precision screwdriver set. Not exactly apples to apples comparison, but it has saved me numerous times. The pivoting head proved very helpful.

I also have that set ($5). The quality is a lot better than straight China stuff too.

FYI, Harbor Freight has a LIFETIME warranty on their Pittsburgh tools. No receipt needed, bring the tool and get a new one.

SK1911094 said:   hpmax said:   HDX is a recent Home Depot label (like Husky). No idea who makes them, pretty sure they are made in China. Probably have a lifetime warranty. I have a similar set, quality is okay, not great, but not awful. A 65 piece set for $10 (and remember its 17% off with Shop Discover) is a very decent deal.

I am not seeing 16% off with Shop Discover. I am only seeing 10%.

I think the previous poster slightly oversimplified things without giving an explanation. Shop Disc is giving 10% off, but, if you've registered your card, there is another 5% cassh back through June as hardware/home imp. stores are this quarter's bonus category. Combining the two discounts is, well, 15%.

thanks OP, for 10.77 out the door, cant beat that. thanks.

wiru

When it comes to tools like these, I prefer to spend a couple of bucks more and get Craftsman and have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. According to the reviews here it is worth the extra money to get something you buy once for life. Just my thoughts. Nice find though Senor Cheap!

I just bought an HDX screwdriver and it had a horrible smell. It is really bad!

I would not buy these things.

Also, Husky was around long before Home Depot...since the 1930's I think. It is owned by Stanley Tools, and only became the "house brand" of Home Depot in the 1990's

SteveG

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014