• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
get the Ozark Trail 6-person instant dome tent bundle with Intex queen airbed w/6c battery pump andportable fan for only $99.97 with free shipping from WalMart or go to www.walmart.com/ip/ozark-trail-6-person-instant-dome-tent-with-i... to view this outdoor deal.

Walmart
Need a Walmart coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Ozark Trail Bundle (24.30kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

This could be a pretty good deal. We had to buy a tent in a hurry a few years back and ran to Wal-Mart - ended up getting an Ozark Trail model that seems identical to this one. We figured it would be a throwaway but it's holding up well (and it's seen a fair bit of use) no leaks or fraying ... and we were very pleasantly surprised to find a tent that, for once, set up as quickly and easily as the instructions claimed it would. Plus, we have one of these fans and it's pretty powerful for a battery-operated one.

If I'm remembering correctly, we paid in the $99 range for just the tent.

Been needing a tent. Tired of waiting for a better deal. $100 bucks for one with great reviews and a queen sized pad seems plenty good, especially with free shipping.

Thanks for your input too, wordgirl!

Thanks for your input, Wordgirl!

Great deal on a starter outfit that gives you some good basics for an outdoor adventure. The queen-size mattress comes with the electric pump, an must-have unless you are filled with enough hot air to blow one of these up without passing out. Ozark Trail gets dissed sometimes because it is a WalMart brand, but really much of the equipment is good quality, especially for the price.

I still know guys that think having a fan is "wimping out" and you aren't really camping if you have creature comforts. Don't be that guy. The fan is nice to have and you can use rechargeable batteries, which you can recharge onsite if you have a power inverter. I like to have a spare 12-volt car battery along to use with the inverter.

Here is a good checklist from REI for car camping. It has about everything you will need, but remember to take season-specific items, too. REI checklist

Roughing it is all relative. The fun thing about camping is finding spots you love, and exploring great places. My favorite sites are cart-in sites, where you have to load up a little cart and push it a half-mile from the parking lot. Just enough of a barrier to keep the riff-raff out. The beach is 30 feet from the site, and is almost deserted.

Honestly, the fan was not purchased for camping ... it's part of my hurricane box.

Trust me, if I get hit by a storm that takes out power, the last thing I'm worried about is a failure to "rough it" authentically. That said, I'm not a huge fan of camping either, so when I go I bring anything I can to make my life a little more comfortable.

now showing for $85 for tent and queen mattress......the fan is no longer in the bundle. If you're in the market though, good deal!

showing original price for me and no fan

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014