• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Home Depot has RIDGID 18-Volt X4 Hyper Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit (3-Tool) with Radio for $199

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-X4-Hyper-Lithium-Ion-C...

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

RIDGID 18-Volt X4 Hyper Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any idea if they are the little or big batteries. CAn't quite tell from the pic?

Nicads are the big ones...I have both but, I can't tell if this battery is the same as my lithium-ion...
But, to me the free lifetime replacement on batteries is a HUGE deal!

I have this and the batteries are smaller lith. Great deal just be sure to register the product. I snapped off a bit in the impact driver and they handed me a new one at HD. Radio is the bonus. I bought the same deal 2 months ago.

there are plenty left of the Ridgid 2 pc combo for $ 179 at Santa Clara store in clearance section.............

solara689 said:   there are plenty left of the Ridgid 2 pc combo for $ 179 at Santa Clara store in clearance section.............

IMHO, it is worth the extra $20 for the radio if you do not already have something similar. The sound and reception have been excellent and it is great for taking out in the yard, tailgating or taking to the beach.

Observations.

The drill is the Fuego compact (535 in.lbs), not the X4 hammer (615 in.lbs). Just an observation because it says X4 in the combo "title" but only the impact is an X4.
Still, a good drill and I'm on the fence about whether I want to buy it or just wait until I have a real need.

The impact driver is the X4 (1750 in.lbs) as expected, 1/4" hex. Most auto applications are 1/2" anvil, so this can work with an adapter for lug nuts, etc. but the 1/2" impact drivers generally have more torque and can handle auto applications (but are probably bulkier). So this will be great for building but not "auto repair" ready, especially if you're considering using it to remove lug nuts.

Compared to the 2-piece combo that's still available, you gain a bonus radio but you lose the quick charger (30-minute) and get a standard charger (1-hour) instead.
May not be a big deal if you're only using one battery at a time but could slow you down if you are running both the driver and drill at the same time and don't have additional batteries. Everything else is the same (same impact driver and drill, lifetime service agreement, 2 compact batteries, carrying bag).

If you want the radio and can live with the 1-hour charge time, go with the 3-piece combo (this deal).
If you want to cut your charging time in half, go with the 2-piece combo.

just be prepare the process the paperwork of the tools Lifetime (LSA) warranty will be about 80 to 90 day!

Currently on sale for $179, in Houston area anyway.

avash said:   Observations.

The drill is the Fuego compact (535 in.lbs), not the X4 hammer (615 in.lbs). Just an observation because it says X4 in the combo "title" but only the impact is an X4.
Still, a good drill and I'm on the fence about whether I want to buy it or just wait until I have a real need.

The impact driver is the X4 (1750 in.lbs) as expected, 1/4" hex. Most auto applications are 1/2" anvil, so this can work with an adapter for lug nuts, etc. but the 1/2" impact drivers generally have more torque and can handle auto applications (but are probably bulkier). So this will be great for building but not "auto repair" ready, especially if you're considering using it to remove lug nuts.

Compared to the 2-piece combo that's still available, you gain a bonus radio but you lose the quick charger (30-minute) and get a standard charger (1-hour) instead.
May not be a big deal if you're only using one battery at a time but could slow you down if you are running both the driver and drill at the same time and don't have additional batteries. Everything else is the same (same impact driver and drill, lifetime service agreement, 2 compact batteries, carrying bag).

If you want the radio and can live with the 1-hour charge time, go with the 3-piece combo (this deal).
If you want to cut your charging time in half, go with the 2-piece combo.

Is there any difference in the X4 bundle's battery technology compared with the batteries in the 2-piece combo? I don't really care about the radio but would like the faster charger but don't want inferior batteries.

solara689 said:   just be prepare the process the paperwork of the tools Lifetime (LSA) warranty will be about 80 to 90 day!

Mine only took about 30 days...

Is this much of a real sale price? Seems about regular price, but I havn't been watching this kit lately. What does this really normally go for?

The radio in this package is nice and all, but I own a Rigid drill and impact driver. The batteries packs suck. Not sure if its the management circuitry or the cells themselves but if I could do it over, I would spend the extra bucks and get the Makita.

These are the small lithium and they suck. They run out of power quick and even quicker after a few months.

I haven't had any issues w/ my battery packs yet. Drove 30 lags and close to 100 construction screws into my garage on a single pack w/ some juice left over. Good thing they are covered under the lifetime warranty if they ever start giving me problems.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014