Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
another e-mail in my box today was:

HBA VIP Attendance Confirmation NYC 6/18-20:
Dear VIP Guest,
Thank you for confirming ... (more)

SinglePapa (Jun. 17, 2013 @ 5:20p) |

Thanks, OP. Do you think we can get Starbucks cards at this expo?

dkong (Jun. 17, 2013 @ 5:50p) |

Starbucks are the most common. As I explained at length in other topics, it's a standard item for exhibitors and I'd be ... (more)

SinglePapa (Jun. 17, 2013 @ 6:56p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I see one senior member chose to red this, so I guess a little guidance is in order:
1. the instant u click on link, u see free backpacks
2. if u don't pre-register, u'll have to pay $50
3. as registered attendee, u get two full days of freebees. u know items posted in free stuff: u pick up hundreds, if u care
4. u get food and drink at receptions
5. u may learn something from presentations, if u care
6. if u play your cards right, and work real hard in stuffing raffle bowls, u'll likely end up with a tablet retailed $400-500

Any questions - just ask. Better yet, share similar opportunities

SinglePapa said:   

Better yet, share similar opportunities

I would like to share the opportunity for you to post this junk in the correct forum.

no respdoc. This is way hotter than a BOGO sandwich. one will not spend $5 here, and one will walk away with at least $100 - that's given out here without asking. So if you ever come across a $50 free ticket - do post! I'm afraid to say that all I see from you is constant effort "for no one to see" deals. That's all: constant, no effort spared, un-abating nagging to make sure that the least number of people see deals

The problem with this post (I'll just roll them all into "one") is that there should be no need for someone to ask questions.

The title contains no information regarding what this "deal" is for. A pass... to what? What kind of swag? Raffles for what?

The body of the post then makes no effort whatsoever to remedy this situation. Even something as simple as "Sign up for a free pass to the SMX East Expo 2013 (a marketing expo)" would prevent people from having to waste time clicking on your link to figure out whether or not this is something they're interested in. Better yet, you could do what I'm about to do, and copy/paste the first two paragraphs from the site's homepage:

"Attend SMX East and learn SEO, SEM and social media marketing tactics that increase web site traffic, boost conversions…and sales! Save the dates, October 1-3.

Choose from over 50 sessions on internet marketing topics including search engine optimization, paid search advertising and social media marketing on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter."

And now people clicking into this post can see at a glance whether or not it's something they're interested in. This would have taken you something on the order of an additional ten seconds, but you chose not to do it. By posting a thread with an incomplete title and no information at all in the body, you have quite clearly earned a red.

(I appreciate that you are making an effort to find and share things with the community. I take no issue with that whatsoever. I also don't really have an issue with the actual content/deal here (I can see why some would think it belonged in the Free Stuff section, but I think Hot Deals is actually appropriate). No, the problem is simply with your decision to post it in a decidedly user-unfriendly format. Ten seconds of effort on your part would save ten seconds of effort on the part of every person who sees and clicks the thread, and that is the difference between a green and an automatic red.)

thank you for contributing time spike1856. Albeit, due to your complete unawareness with the gist of this sort of events (I attend around 1000 a year and therefore know what I am talking about), your explanations just spoiled it for the FW crowd. All FWer needs to do is click and free-register to a future NYC (per headline) event. What FWer carries out of this event is entirely up to the FWer. ok, I'll share what I carry out. On the same dates, I'll have another 60 NYC events that I could go to (this is no exaggeration, this is what happens in NYC mid-week). With current on-line registration posted by me, they'll mail u badge. Walk into Hilton at Expo opening time, run thru the Expo Halls stopping for no more than 5 seconds in each booth. Drop biz card/get scanned for ea raffle, drop their swag into the backpack picked up at registration, spin any wheel available to pick up at least a starbuck card, pick-up the food/drink laid out and walk into a panel that sounds interesting. Plug your devices to charge, while surfing your e-mails. Leave Hilton in favor of better events. Return in time for raffles, throw in more cards right before the draw. If you're diligent and hardworking, you'll draw at least one tablet a week from these shows...If you have interest in the content of any show, more help to you - knowledge is the real treasure

SinglePapa said:   no respdoc. This is way hotter than a BOGO sandwich. one will not spend $5 here, and one will walk away with at least $100 - that's given out here without asking. So if you ever come across a $50 free ticket - do post! I'm afraid to say that all I see from you is constant effort "for no one to see" deals. That's all: constant, no effort spared, un-abating nagging to make sure that the least number of people see deals

If you'd put more time into your title and body of posts and less into trying to make your junk sales seminars into pretend "hot deals" just to be seen...and you'd get less red. Not a difficult concept to comprehend.

SinglePapa said:   thank you for . . . knowledge is the real treasure

And this explanation of what effort is required and what swag results from it couldn't be in the body of the original post... why?

Also, thank you, it's been a very long time since I laughed as hard as I did at "If you're diligent and hardworking, you'll draw at least one tablet a week from these shows..." Yes, going from event to event to hit up the booths and take their freebies (despite probably not actually being interested in anything they have to say/sell/offer--but let's not even discuss the moral issue because, really, why bother?) definitely qualifies as hard work. :eyeroll:

comprehend this respdoc: I'll never ever post a sales seminar (unless one guarantees to pay you, which is another topic entirely). U lack the basic for a NewYorker concept: opportunity cost. This is your hour of self-employment that day: whether you clear an easy $100 or a hard-working $500 is up to you. Your out of pocket cost = zero. Your opportunity cost is an hour otherwise spent enjoying sunny Disneyworld just outside Orlando, FL. If you got kids, leave that for school breaks only.

spike, kids used to jump all over this swag - but eventually the volumes hit critical mass. These days: they just go "Oh, ok. Nice." And keep going. I donate at leeeast $20k annually, but I don't take tax receipts so I don't really know the count. This one is an average expo: maybe all-u-can-carry clocks, umbrellas, chargers, mobile accessories, starbucks. The exhibitors have to burn thru their budgets, and someone has to help carrying their crap away. Sponsors travel to NYC from all-over, and they rarely want to pack and ship it back. I know these companies well, have owned stock in many of them, never miss their Investor Days. You can't imagine their market cap now in this second .com bubble

P.S. Hard work, btw, has little to do with swag. Hard work is bumping up your raffle odds. At least a dozen guys and one girl are way better than me at raffles. I only draw every week on average; those guys draw every day! (Tue-Wed-Thu that is, other days are quiet). I miss a lot of raffles because of invites to real nice exclusive events. There was a company in town who invited 18 of us to dinner at Le Cirque. I saw their bill at night's end, was in high-five figures. Louis XIII by the glass at Le Cirque prices - you can only imagine

SinglePapa said:   Your opportunity cost is an hour otherwise spent enjoying sunny Disneyworld just outside Orlando, FL. If you got kids, leave that for school breaks only I would recommend leaving the kids free of looney tunes for the rest of the year.

at least one summer trip and annual Xmas trip are unavoidable. It looks like 1/2price trips NYC-Orlando-NYC are opening up for the last day of school June 26 - returning July 7aarzi said:   SinglePapa said:   Your opportunity cost is an hour otherwise spent enjoying sunny Disneyworld just outside Orlando, FL. If you got kids, leave that for school breaks only I would recommend leaving the kids free of looney tunes for the rest of the year.

I've done a few of the "$500 MM AR" tax software deals of old that seemed less complicated/mysterious/shady than this deal appears. I've read every post and I still don't completely understand just what I'm buying/getting/

labboypro, one had to be treated to quite a few Father's Day beers to come up with this statement. Green for you? ROFLMAOlabboypro said:   I've done a few of the "$500 MM AR" tax software deals of old that seemed less complicated/mysterious/shady than this deal appears. I've read every post and I still don't completely understand just what I'm buying/getting/

I used to go pc expo every year similar to this one in 1990's , remember got like 300 floppy disks once
lol. Yeh you usually walk out with like 5 to 10 bags full of stuff. They even had a
tube where you go in for 30 sec and catch as much money as you can while it floats around.
I got like 100 dollars.
I am too far from javits center now to go during lunch on 50th and 6th.
Anything good around that area at noon ?

Thanks

yeah, tell the members who have the nerve to red this topic. unbelievable: all they appreciate is a BOGO sandwich, to the tune of +50green

Congrats, nice job location! 3 blocks from Hilton, but never kill your lunch hour for hotel food. Marriott, Hyatt, Westin, Crowne Plaza, Parker, Intercontinental, Roosevelt, W, Omni, Essex House, Four Seasons are all downhill. Pierre, Plaza and waldorf astoria are the worst. Only when the sponsor goes over the top of their menu, you may still get a decent breakfast at the Mandarin, fresh lunch buffet lately at the Millenium and ok dinner cocktail at the Palace. But Tue, Wed, Thu you can always walk into an IT lunch right next door at Del Frisco's. Usually held at the cellar, don't beat everyone out at 11.30 sharp if you don't want to engage the sponsor. Walk in 11.45 and grab a seat or two at any table. Bring a biz card for the raffle at the end. This is actually one of the better steakhouses midtown, and remember to ask for cheesecake to go because they slice one enough for two; you'll never finish your whole lunch at this place! computer87 said:   I used to go pc expo every year similar to this one in 1990's , remember got like 300 floppy disks once
lol. Yeh you usually walk out with like 5 to 10 bags full of stuff. They even had a
tube where you go in for 30 sec and catch as much money as you can while it floats around.
I got like 100 dollars.

Thanks

no way. be honest: an all time record in the wind tunnel may be 50 bucks. I average 33 maybe LOL; although you dress down the second day - and they may let you in for the repeat performance. It always kills me that everyone always scores higher on the first try - the greatest mystery of our time LOLcomputer87 said:   I used to go pc expo every year similar to this one in 1990's , remember got like 300 floppy disks once
I got like 100 dollars.

Thanks

Please remain on topic and post respectfully toward other members. Thanks.

Of course, registering thru OP link is free; but they also mailed out this "just $1,495" offer today:

Invaluable Content & Networking - Past Attendees Speak Out!
Attend SMX East for essential SEO, paid search and social media tactics that drive traffic and sales. Join us October 1-3 in New York City.
How do you know if SMX East is for you? Don't just take our word for it - read what past attendees have said (full testimonials here)...

SMX East in New York City was a fantastic event! I only wish I could have cloned myself so I could have gone to multiple sessions at the same time. - Steve Sasman, Sycara.com
...felt that I learned a lot that I am able to use in my day-to-day work. I was impressed with the speakers that presented and their ability to deliver real world examples I could take back with me. - Felicia Visser, Fiserv

No matter what your level of expertise was, SMX East provided a track that was just right for you. - Adam Dince, MRM - NY

My favorite thing about the show... is the fact that you learn what you aren't doing and why you should be doing it! As a takeaway I had 5+ things that we have now started to implement to get our clients greater reach and visibility. - Aimee Smith, Moore and Scarry Advertising

The networking was also phenomenal. Between pre-event networking and all of the networking focused events at the conference, I was able to connect with dozens of other Internet marketers. - Matthew Guiver, e-storm international

Really outstanding conference - I'll be returning next year! - Stephanie Salmon, US News & World Report

SMX East was a massive value for my money. The staggering list of qualified presenters I was exposed to and got to chat with was without compare... Any marketer or services/content supplier in the space who missed SMX blew it. - Greg MacDonald, Carleton University

Register for SMX East now and you'll get the lowest rate possible. Just $1495 for three days of exceptional content, invaluable industry connections and essential conveniences that make you productive and comfortable: hot lunches, all day snacks and beverages and free WiFi.

Whether you are an advanced search marketer, just getting started or looking to broaden your horizons, you'll learn the tactics and strategies to achieve marketing success at SMX East. You'll be satisfied - we guarantee it!

Click here to register today!

Helpful SMX East links:
- Want to send your team? Save 10-20% more with our group rates
- Need budget approval? Use our Get the Boss Onboard form
- Attend an in-depth workshop on SEO, AdWords, international search or local search
- More questions? Check out the SMX East FAQ

another e-mail in my box today was:

HBA VIP Attendance Confirmation NYC 6/18-20:
Dear VIP Guest,
Thank you for confirming that you will be attending HBA as part of our VIP Attendance Buyers Program. We understand that you are very busy and need to make the most out of your visit. To help you, we have created the VIP Attendance Buyers Program, which offers you a comfortable setting to meet with your colleagues, catch up on phone calls, view emails at one of our computer terminals (wifi is available too) as well as time to relax and have some refreshments. All of this is found at the VIP Lounge, which is located at booth 877. We also invite you to join us on Tuesday, June 18th for a cocktail reception at 3pm where we will have a private viewing of the top voted New Products from 11 of our participating exhibitors, who will have their products in hand to showcase.

For access in to the VIP Lounge, please be sure to have your attendee badge, which you should have received by mail. If you did not receive your badge in the mail you may pick up your badge at the attendee registration desk by showing the registration staff your printed confirmation. Upon entering the HBA exhibit floor please be sure you stop by the VIP Lounge to check-in and pick up your VIP ribbon. You must wear your ribbon at all times for easy access in to the lounge.

Please take note of two additional activities, this week at HBA:
§ Join us at the Opening Presentation in Special Events Hall, Tuesday, June 18 at 9am we are please to have our opening presentation lead by moderator, Jennifer Walsh, On Air Beauty Expert, Beauty Pioneer and CEO, Behind the Brand Media as she discusses "Purchasing Trends in Beauty and Personal Care" with our panelist:
§ Bob Bastedo, Executive Director, Purchasing, Shiseido America Inc.
§ Ken Kearns, Global Practice Lead-Packaging, Procurian
§ Carol Puttre-Czyz, Director, Purchasing, Clarins USA
§ Jacqueline Laurita, Real Housewives of New Jersey and Founder of AltruisticBeauty.com will present The HBA Industry Awards on Wednesday, June 19th at 4:30pm in the IPDA Showcase, Booth 1307
Also the VIP Lounge is opened during regular HBA show hours:
Tuesday, June 18 10am - 5pm
Wednesday, June 19 10am - 5pm
Thursday, June 20 10am - 3pm

If you have confirmed that you will be bringing a guest they too can pick up their VIP ribbon at the lounge. Thank you again and I personally look forward to welcoming you to this year’s event and meeting you all very soon.

Kindly,
Felicia Bonavita-Isoldi

http://hbaexpo.ubm-info.com/q/1gLyzCt0I1WGhDo1/wv Also, detailed reports were submitted before/during/after last year's show
One can still effect free show registration + VIP registration, but it requires business-like approach. When I posted registration links way in advance, post was redded out by the same members playing with this current post. They'd rather you pay $50-$2000 for registrations to be admitted.

Also, if NYC registration links/codes that save $50-$2000 are moved to Deal Discussion, then I simply withdraw the information. I don't see a busy NewYorker visiting that sub-forum, and this deal is not intended to chew on by people who have zero intention of making use of the offered VIP registration

Thanks, OP. Do you think we can get Starbucks cards at this expo?

Starbucks are the most common. As I explained at length in other topics, it's a standard item for exhibitors and I'd be handing them out, too.

What most readers don't realize is that a single item (or retail) approach is not something of interest to a FatWalleter in NYC. What's the value of a common deal, where you'll get one item? It's just a destruction. You have to strive for situation of multiplication, rinse'n'repeat, wholesale. You got to do volumes. Time has an increased opportunity cost in NYC. One person above mentioned "sales seminar". I would never attend such, unless I'm paid to attend it. If they're not paying me to attend, why would I attend at a hotel? I would only stay at a hotel for lunch or dinner reception in pursuit of particular business. If not, then forget hotel food. There are lunches every day in every top tier steakhouse, and dinner receptions at top Michelin venues. rsvp, get confirmed and attend there

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014