• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://deals.bestbuy.com//upgrade+your+mobile+life/product/8351...

The Sprint is in their somewhere also.

Also, if you get a NEW activation from ATT you also get a $50 gift card:
Look under special offers on the link.

It was $99 on Amazon on Friday for one day but this is all week. I wonder what Amazon is going to list it at tomorrow.. Match it or go lower??

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HTC ONE 4G Silver
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just picked this up at Target for $50 using my Sprint upgrade. Great phone.

How did you get it for $50? Does that include ATT also at Target or does it vary per store?

ozaer said:   I just picked this up at Target for $50 using my Sprint upgrade. Great phone.
More info please.

Does any one know if Best Buy charges a secondary Early Termination Fee?
I know Amazon charges $400 if you cut the service within 181 days.

I call BS because that's the price for a new line. Upgrade shows $149 at target. The best price seems to be best buy now... I never saw the Amazon price of $99 on the 14th...

ozaer said:   I just picked this up at Target for $50 using my Sprint upgrade. Great phone.

pokumon said:   I call BS because that's the price for a new line. Upgrade shows $149 at target. The best price seems to be best buy now... I never saw the Amazon price of $99 on the 14th...

$49, $99 or $149....what difference does it make. You'll end up paying anyway $2500-3000 by the end of the contract, and that for a phone that'll probably worth $10 after 24 months, if you're lucky to have it in working condition. I'd rather pay $600 up front and get a Wall Mart $30 per month unlimited prepaid plan which can be canceled anytime.

Edit: HTC.com sells the factory unlocked for $599. I think it's about time to replace my aging iPhone 4

youry said:   pokumon said:   I call BS because that's the price for a new line. Upgrade shows $149 at target. The best price seems to be best buy now... I never saw the Amazon price of $99 on the 14th...

$49, $99 or $149....what difference does it make. You'll end up paying anyway $2500-3000 by the end of the contract, and that for a phone that'll probably worth $10 after 24 months, if you're lucky to have it in working condition. I'd rather pay $600 up front and get a Wall Mart $30 per month unlimited prepaid plan which can be canceled anytime.

Edit: HTC.com sells the factory unlocked for $599. I think it's about time to replace my aging iPhone 4

Bravo youry! Ignore all the red. Very thorough analysis.
Agree with you 1000%. FatWallet is about saving personally overall in absolute numbers and not about "saving" at the moment and making businesses fat. Who does not agree, you are free to continue carring balances on your credit cards and paying multiple loans for years. Banks and corporations love you. It is less and less hours for math and economy for kids at school these days. Think: Why?

fighter said:   
Bravo youry! Ignore all the red. Very thorough analysis.
Agree with you 1000%. FatWallet is about saving personally overall in absolute numbers and not about "saving" at the moment and making businesses fat. Who does not agree, you are free to continue carring balances on your credit cards and paying multiple loans for years. Banks and corporations love you. It is less and less hours for math and economy for kids at school these days. Think: Why?

Totally agree. Whenever I see a Sprint deal I always ignore because the minimum monthly rate is the highest(minimum 80 or 100) while coverage is not as good as Verizon's. On craigslist most used Sprint phones are also cheaper than the same phones from other carriers. If I want a subsidized phone I'd go with AT&T, the coverage is not as good either but at least better than TMO's.

youry said:   pokumon said:   I call BS because that's the price for a new line. Upgrade shows $149 at target. The best price seems to be best buy now... I never saw the Amazon price of $99 on the 14th...

I disagree with the one-prepaid-plan-fits all philosophy that is frequently shared on FW. You need to shop around to see what best fits your usage. If you want a top-tier phone and can share a plan with family members, it makes a lot of sense to look at contracts.

You're paying $30/mo over 24 mos ($720) + a $600 phone = $1320. You're on T-Mobile so you might want to consider a 2nd cheap phone on a reliable national carrier for when you are out of your coverage area.

I'm paying $55 a month after taxes/fees for AT&T with a 3Gb data plan (per phone) which is also $1320 over the 2 years (this is family plan with 3 phones). Sure, I paid $50 last fall for an S3 plus activation but your cost doesn't include taxes either.

geniusjacky said:   Does any one know if Best Buy charges a secondary Early Termination Fee?
I know Amazon charges $400 if you cut the service within 181 days.

BB does not charge a secondary early term fee. There isn't any type of secondary contract with BB.

It is always worth calling 611 to see if they can work with you.. If you do make you go to option 3 which is straight to cancellation. Say your work is offering something better and you are thinking about changing, is there anything you can do for me. They worked with me big time. I am happy with my deal. You do have to be a preferred customer and I don't know exactly what that means but I think you have to be with ATT for over a certain amount of time. Worth a show or just go to BB for $99. I can't wait to get my hands on my black HTC one!!! It should be in my hands by this week from ATT.

dennisfuller said:   youry said:   pokumon said:   I call BS because that's the price for a new line. Upgrade shows $149 at target. The best price seems to be best buy now... I never saw the Amazon price of $99 on the 14th...

I disagree with the one-prepaid-plan-fits all philosophy that is frequently shared on FW. You need to shop around to see what best fits your usage. If you want a top-tier phone and can share a plan with family members, it makes a lot of sense to look at contracts.

You're paying $30/mo over 24 mos ($720) + a $600 phone = $1320. You're on T-Mobile so you might want to consider a 2nd cheap phone on a reliable national carrier for when you are out of your coverage area.

I'm paying $55 a month after taxes/fees for AT&T with a 3Gb data plan (per phone) which is also $1320 over the 2 years (this is family plan with 3 phones). Sure, I paid $50 last fall for an S3 plus activation but your cost doesn't include taxes either.

I can't agree more. Cheap doesn't always equal better. Being on postpaid does not mean spending $100 or more a month for a line, and there is a value/benefit to the features of post paid for many people like myself - namely roaming, customer support. A secondary benefit is not needing to worry about your account being cut off.

Plus people who argue for pre-paid always being better always have the option of selling their subsidized device.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014