• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-13-gal-Expandable-Drawstring-Embo...



•White bag
•0.9 Mil
•150 Count
•Expandable drawstring
•Tear-resistant
•MFG Model # : HD13XDSE150W
•MFG Part # : HD13XDSE150W

Return To Top



SPECIFICATIONS





Accessory Type

Trash/Refuse Bag

Assembled Depth (in.)

0 in



Assembled Height (in.)

27 in

Assembled Width (in.)

24 in



Bag thickness (mm)

.009

Capacity (gallons)

13



Closure

Drawstring

Commercial / Residential

Commercial / Residential



Liner Locking Feature

No

Package count

150



Usage Type

Draw & Tie Trash Bags

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

bags
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You have no idea what you are talking about. Mil is a term used by bag companies to measure thickness.
It has nothing to ... (more)

brfjr (Jun. 28, 2013 @ 10:23p) |

@peepsiemom
Two advice for you
1. Stop blaming the OP. He just copied and pasted directly from the site. If the info was w... (more)

pianoCM (Jun. 28, 2013 @ 11:07p) |

Dammit, read the original post from mistercheap. It says .9 mil which mistakenly meant 9 one thousandths of an INCH. A... (more)

peepsiemom (Jun. 29, 2013 @ 11:14a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

we use um. good cheap bags. Smell a little funny but that dies off quick once out of the box.

merkurfan said:   we use um. good cheap bags. Smell a little funny but that dies off quick once out of the box.


bought my first box of these three weeks ago. Have been very impressed, remind me of the Glad Force Flex with the ridged bags. Good value. If you're buying 5 boxes or with other stuff can use the $5 off $50 email coupon in store.

how many liters is this?

I use them, I have not busted one yet. Good deal.

Litobird said:   how many liters is this?
TRY THIS: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=13+gallons+to+liters

Litobird said:   how many liters is this?


13 gallon bags, you mean mm in thickness? look at the link in the op for your answer.

Litobird said:   how many liters is this?
49.2104

AmishBoy said:   Litobird said:   how many liters is this?
49.2104




thanks for the metric conversion!

Drawstring area not as well constructed as the bag itself. Tears away pretty easy. It also seems shorter in my garbage can than other bags.

AmishBoy said:   Litobird said:   how many liters is this?
TRY THIS: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=13+gallons+to+liters


I love it when people use that link!

It is 0.9 mil, not 0.9mm. I'm not saying it isn't strong, but mm is almost 40X as thick as mil.

Buy 10 boxes, apply coupon code JUNEHD for $10 off. End up with 1,500 bags for around $99--- about 6.6 cents/bag before tax, pretty cheap for drawstring bags provided you don't mind buying a house brand in bulk.

so whats the typical price on these?

nwill002 said:   so whats the typical price on these?


$10.97

Just running out of trash bags at home

Fyi, I had a sneak peek at the HD flyer for the 4th of July weekend and these were on sale for less than $9.00. (The flyers were sitting in a pile of boxes next to return counter at store and the effective date started 6/27).

firebirdgirl20 said:   Fyi, I had a sneak peek at the HD flyer for the 4th of July weekend and these were on sale for less than $9.00. (The flyers were sitting in a pile of boxes next to return counter at store and the effective date started 6/27).

...and you didn't grab one to scan and post here???

hfzeus said:   It is 0.9 mil, not 0.9mm. I'm not saying it isn't strong, but mm is almost 40X as thick as mil.

What is it that you think mil. means? ml is milliter (volume of the bag) mm is millimeter (thickness of the bag). They are completely unrelated. Mistercheap has a typo in the op; .9 mil should be .9mm or .009 meters as it says later in the op.

peepsiemom said:   hfzeus said:   It is 0.9 mil, not 0.9mm. I'm not saying it isn't strong, but mm is almost 40X as thick as mil.

What is it that you think mil. means? ml is milliter (volume of the bag) mm is millimeter (thickness of the bag). They are completely unrelated. Mistercheap has a typo in the op; .9 mil should be .9mm or .009 meters as it says later in the op.


no typo on my part, the OP info was copy/pasted directly from HD's page of this item.

The term "mil" is used to describe thickness in thousandths of an inch. In other words, "1 mil" is one thousandth of an inch, 3.5 mil is three and a half thousandths of an inch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousandth_of_an_inch

No typo on OP's part.

peepsiemom said:   hfzeus said:   It is 0.9 mil, not 0.9mm. I'm not saying it isn't strong, but mm is almost 40X as thick as mil.

What is it that you think mil. means? ml is milliter (volume of the bag) mm is millimeter (thickness of the bag). They are completely unrelated. Mistercheap has a typo in the op; .9 mil should be .9mm or .009 meters as it says later in the op.


mil = 1/1000 in
mm = 1/1000 m

39.37 in = 1 m

I never heard of a "milliter" and if you mean milliliter, that would be a very small bag.

But thanks for the correction. Had I had your knowledge, I could have avoided 4 years of engineering school.

Which is why the OP stating .9 mil is WRONG. mil is milliliter; that's volume. From freedictionary.com :" mil - a metric unit of VOLUME equal to one thousandth of a liter". hfzeus, you mean after your 4 years you still don't know that?
And yes, mistercheap it's a typo. Doesn't matter whether you made it or HD did it. It's still wrong. the bag is not 9/10000 of a liter. From wikipedia: "Millimeter length and Milliliter volume, ERRONEOUSLY spelled "mil" instead of the metric unit symbol "mm" and "ml" or correct abbreviation "milli". So I guess it was a TYPO. Why would this be argued when it's NOT a matter of opinion or belief, hfzeus. So first attack the critique then do the research? Embarrassed hfzeus?
BTW, the deal is not as good as Costco. There are 10 million members so it's worth mentioning.

peepsiemom said:   Which is why the OP stating .9 mil is WRONG. mil is milliliter; that's volume. From freedictionary.com :" mil - a metric unit of VOLUME equal to one thousandth of a liter". hfzeus, you mean after your 4 years you still don't know that?
And yes, mistercheap it's a typo. Doesn't matter whether you made it or HD did it. It's still wrong. the bag is not 9/10000 of a liter. From wikipedia: "Millimeter length and Milliliter volume, ERRONEOUSLY spelled "mil" instead of the metric unit symbol "mm" and "ml" or correct abbreviation "milli". So I guess it was a TYPO. Why would this be argued when it's NOT a matter of opinion or belief, hfzeus. So first attack the critique then do the research? Embarrassed hfzeus?
BTW, the deal is not as good as Costco. There are 10 million members so it's worth mentioning.


hey peepsie,

I don't appreciate your constant "OP stating such and such is wrong" when I already replied to you earlier in the thread that the info in the OP is copy/pasted directly from the HD product page for this item. If you have an issue, bitch to them please and stop crapping up the thread with nit picky rants about my op.

Shoot! I just bought two boxes of GLAD (100ct) for twice the price.

Mil is correct when refering to thickness of things like bags and sheets.
Search any manufacturer that sells bags and you will see this.

A mililiter is almost universaly abbreviated as ml not mil.
This is the normal all over the world.

peepsiemom said:   Which is why the OP stating .9 mil is WRONG. mil is milliliter; that's volume. From freedictionary.com :" mil - a metric unit of VOLUME equal to one thousandth of a liter". hfzeus, you mean after your 4 years you still don't know that?
And yes, mistercheap it's a typo. Doesn't matter whether you made it or HD did it. It's still wrong. the bag is not 9/10000 of a liter. From wikipedia: "Millimeter length and Milliliter volume, ERRONEOUSLY spelled "mil" instead of the metric unit symbol "mm" and "ml" or correct abbreviation "milli". So I guess it was a TYPO. Why would this be argued when it's NOT a matter of opinion or belief, hfzeus. So first attack the critique then do the research? Embarrassed hfzeus?
BTW, the deal is not as good as Costco. There are 10 million members so it's worth mentioning.


You have no idea what you are talking about. Mil is a term used by bag companies to measure thickness.
It has nothing to do with the metric system. Stop making assumptions. It makes you look stupid and weak minded.

Here is a link for you to read, if you want to be correct. Stop thread crapping.

http://www.5starwriting.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ThicknThi...

@peepsiemom
Two advice for you
1. Stop blaming the OP. He just copied and pasted directly from the site. If the info was wrong on the site, it's still not the OP fault.
2. Even though many people have tried and corrected you, you're still too stubborn to accept that.
I don't know which industry are you in or what kind of education degree you get but
"mil" is the unit of thickness ..... it is 1/1000 of an inch.
milliliter (1/1000 liter) denotes by "ml" as there is no "i" in the unit. 10ml = 10 milliliters, NOT 10 mil.

Dammit, read the original post from mistercheap. It says .9 mil which mistakenly meant 9 one thousandths of an INCH. A few lines later it states the thickness is .009mm which is 9 one thousandths of a METER. Which as hfzeus correctly said,is 40x thicker!! A mm is a measure of length or thickness. As for blame; GROW UP. Nobody is being "blamed". I pointed out a MISTAKE and yes it was a MISTAKE. Who cares who was responsible; it was and is WRONG. You know that and so does most everybody else so why worry about pointing fingers. This is the same foolishness that often happens here. You and some others focus on WHO posted the deal instead of which is the BEST deal. It's not only my opinion; Wikipedia ( I quoted it) says mil is a mistake and so does freedictionary.com Nothing trivial (constant??) about it mistercheap, you copied an error and I pointed it out. If that bothers you then try reading instead of just blindly copying. I have NO issue. If you disagree with WIKIPEDIA and Freedictionary.com, take it up with them. They say some people use mil "erroneously". This childish response of threadcrapping makes me laugh. Every time someone points out an error or God forbid, finds a better deal, the "TC" attack unleashed. This is called HOT DEALS. That means we don't care WHO posted we ONLY care about which is the BEST deal. Did you not know that bag thickness is the Crucial measurement for strength?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014