• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

all in one touch screen
Disclaimer
The deal from last week (credit to zklopman) is somewhat live again but this time B&M only.

Availability might be YMMV as clicking the "Check in Store Availability" on that page yields little to none results in my area.


You should find the coupon in today's email blast from Staples.

Coupon code 99115

**While supplies last. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Offer subject to change.

Offer Expires on 06/22/2013

In-store B&M ONLY!!



Dell Inspiron One 23" Touch Screen All in One Computer (io2330-3639BK)

Only $424.99 (50% off) with instant savings and coupon!




zklopman said:   not the greatest specs in the world, but for only $425 you get:


  • Touchscreen 23" 1920x1080
  • Dual Core 2.9GHz Pentium G2020 processor (similar to a Core i3 2nd gen)
  • DVD RW (Unfortunately not Blu-ray)
  • 4GB RAM, 500GB Disk


Judging by the pictures, it seems like it comes with a webcam and a wireless mouse and keyboard. Seems like the perfect computer for someone who does not demand too much but needs a large screen (special for grandfather's day ?)
Assuming the screen is decent (I'll need to check in store later, as I did not find any reviews of this low-end model, only its higher-end brothers) this would be great for the price.

See more details and a misleading video (as it refers to a higher-level model) here.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
22" to 24" 1080p LED TVs can be had for $150 or less. So the cool factor is worth $275 to $300????

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Jun. 23, 2013 @ 11:32a) |

shop with your budget, not mine thnx

skh12 (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 6:59a) |

I posted this deal a couple weeks ago which seems to be exactly like this model but without the touchscreen. Ironically,... (more)

triamarker (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 9:52a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Where is the coupon?
(NOT just the code)

You should find the coupon in today's email blast from Staples.

Thanks captain obvious....

Wouldn't be asking if had received the email already.

anyplace said:   Thanks captain obvious....

Wouldn't be asking if had received the email already.
Actually, it's not obvious. If you had just stated that you haven't received the email yet in your previous post, that would be obvious. Guess you'll just have to wait for it. Thanks for the red by the way.

LINK TO Coupon since OP just copies other peoples deals - instead of putting any effort into a thread.

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BRwCGXB7SHGCB8zXb1Nszyl5RR/c...

is it just me or does this seem like a HOT deal?

anyplace said:   LINK TO Coupon since OP just copies other peoples deals - instead of putting any effort into a thread.

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BRwCGXB7SHGCB8zXb1Nszyl5RR/c...
I created this thread as suggested by a mod. I had wanted to just move the original thread back to Hot Deals to reduce redundant threads. When I first saw the email I bumped the other thread so that people would get a heads up. Then conversed with mod and eventually typed up this posting. I credited and linked to zklopman's thread and quoted him. I guess that doesn't require effort. I guess I'm not as good as a deal poster as you. Either way, that doesn't give you the right to be condescending and rude.

Anyway, thanks for posting the link. I'll update the OP. Good luck to everyone getting this. Forgive me if I won't be able to respond to questions or edit stuff until later on today as I'm busy with other things.

Don't worry triamaker anyplace has been a 9 year member without contributing jack crap in the way of deals. I haven't either but I also don't crap on other peoples. Green for you triamarker.

Its about as good a price you will see on these all in ones

none around DFW

Since this is a hard to find item but is available on Staples.com, I wonder if one could get Staples.com price matched to the store. Their policy says the following:

"Which competitors will Staples price match?

Staples retail stores will price match prices at competitors’ brick-n- mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.

Staples.com will price match select competitors’ websites as well as Staples’ retail stores."

triamarker said:   anyplace said:   LINK TO Coupon since OP just copies other peoples deals - instead of putting any effort into a thread.

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BRwCGXB7SHGCB8zXb1Nszyl5RR/c...
I created this thread as suggested by a mod. I had wanted to just move the original thread back to Hot Deals to reduce redundant threads. When I first saw the email I bumped the other thread so that people would get a heads up. Then conversed with mod and eventually typed up this posting. I credited and linked to zklopman's thread and quoted him. I guess that doesn't require effort. I guess I'm not as good as a deal poster as you. Either way, that doesn't give you the right to be condescending and rude.

Anyway, thanks for posting the link. I'll update the OP. Good luck to everyone getting this. Forgive me if I won't be able to respond to questions or edit stuff until later on today as I'm busy with other things.


I'm zklopman, the OP of the original thread, and I approve this thread

If this had an HDMI In port, I would get one and mount it to the wall of my Kitchen, replacing the 24" LCD TV that is there today.... oh well......

mathfaster said:   Since this is a hard to find item but is available on Staples.com, I wonder if one could get Staples.com price matched to the store. Their policy says the following:

"Which competitors will Staples price match?

Staples retail stores will price match prices at competitors’ brick-n- mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.

Staples.com will price match select competitors’ websites as well as Staples’ retail stores."


just tried that ...got shutdown ...as price match is before coupon .. ..grumble .
and then 2 minutes later the toy went out of stock online ..again.

SupTech said:   mathfaster said:   Since this is a hard to find item but is available on Staples.com, I wonder if one could get Staples.com price matched to the store. Their policy says the following:

"Which competitors will Staples price match?

Staples retail stores will price match prices at competitors’ brick-n- mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.

Staples.com will price match select competitors’ websites as well as Staples’ retail stores."


just tried that ...got shutdown ...as price match is before coupon .. ..grumble .
and then 2 minutes later the toy went out of stock online ..again.
The only possible way to get it to work perhaps if it was in stock online would be to order it online and then do a return rebuy in the store. Assuming it would be delivered on or by Friday of this week.

Wow i got lucky, picked up the last one in Clifton NJ store

Does ordering at the kiosk and paying with coupon in store work? Did anyone try?

I bought this Sunday. It has the HDMI in, I have a Roku going through it.... Works great. I use this in the Kitchen. Now I may get another one... my Daughter really loves it. Streaming from Hulu, Youtube is smooth in full screen no issues at all, all wireless (from the PC via explorer).

Kirkwan said:   I bought this Sunday. It has the HDMI in, I have a Roku going through it.... Works great. I use this in the Kitchen. Now I may get another one... my Daughter really loves it. Streaming from Hulu, Youtube is smooth in full screen no issues at all, all wireless (from the PC via explorer).

what all in one machine did you buy? this does not have hdmi

I bought this EXACT model. Trust me, it has HDMI. Open the tab from the Manufacturer, the line item "Fax/data modem".

are you saying I can connect a cable box to this?

Yes. My Roku is set up to feed HDMI input on this... the top button on the right will allow you to select the input. It will present options like: Computer, HDMI, composite, etc...(going from memory). Once selected to HDMI or another input, it goes into MONITOR MODE. It will no longer be a computer. I hope this helps.

Weird though cause this has hdmi in but with no sound right? So whatever I plugged via hdmi, I'm going to need to plug the audio somewhere else?

Litobird said:   Weird though cause this has hdmi in but with no sound right? So whatever I plugged via hdmi, I'm going to need to plug the audio somewhere else? I thought HDMI was video and audio all in one plug.

cyberpitstop said:   Litobird said:   Weird though cause this has hdmi in but with no sound right? So whatever I plugged via hdmi, I'm going to need to plug the audio somewhere else? I thought HDMI was video and audio all in one plug.

The standard allows for both audio and video, it consists of DVI, analog, and digital audio. It also now supports Ethernet and (minimal) power. Using an adapter like MHL, you can even charge your phone over HDMI.

HDMI does not require all of those protocols to be used, however. HDMI can pump just video. I suspect the motherboard would have required intensive adaptations to support an audio in path, so you are stuck using speakers.

3v1l said:   Don't worry triamaker anyplace has been a 9 year member without contributing jack crap in the way of deals. I haven't either but I also don't crap on other peoples. Green for you triamarker.Thanks 3v1l. I contribute whenever I can but I rarely get to post deals because somebody always does it before I get a chance to. It's only been recently that I've been able to post deals and I guess I still have a lot to learn! Anyway, thanks for your support.

zklopman said:   I'm zklopman, the OP of the original thread, and I approve this thread It's official now, thanks zklopman!

Got one, thanks! green for OP. Looking good but Win8 is pain.

Download StartIsBack to add back the start button and then work in Desktop mode. It only costs $3 for 2 licenses. It is similar to Windows 7.

Kev

lisong said:   Got one, thanks! green for OP. Looking good but Win8 is pain.It will be changing soon enough as they have announced upcoming enhancements. Windows 8.1 to address complaints about version 8.

It feels like a bloody mix of ios and osx in the mac world. Apple knew better and didn't do it right away. Those geniuses at MS thought mixing all the good ideas together is a good idea but so far consumers are telling them otherwise.

CRKev said:   Download StartIsBack to add back the start button and then work in Desktop mode. It only costs $3 for 2 licenses. It is similar to Windows 7.

Kev


classicshell is free

lisong said:   It feels like a bloody mix of ios and osx in the mac world. Apple knew better and didn't do it right away. Those geniuses at MS thought mixing all the good ideas together is a good idea but so far consumers are telling them otherwise.

Install Android-x86.org on it like I'm doing with mine - snagged the last one in Turlock, CA. Guy in front of me was stone cold, I think he was angry I was there because he wanted both and was hoping they would waive the coupon limit...

Installed on the wall of the toilet,I can watch while taking a bath.

Can the half off be stacked with the $75 off?

ellecsor said:   Can the half off be stacked with the $75 off?

Terms indicate no:

"Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax."

YMMV in reality, I was lucky enough to be 2nd in line and grabbed the last one without trying to deal stack.

99% of stores are probably sold out at this point, good luck finding one to begin with.

Edit: On second thought, they're probably meaning you can't use multiple 50% off coupons to stack diminishing returns... I'd say go for it, and see what happens.

Nearest one from me at this point is 90 miles away... not sure if it's worth chasing down a second with that much time investment (plus gas, car, etc).

Bunch of newb questions here... item is available in all the stores around me.
I have 20 yo SD TV's, no OTA reception and cancelled my cable subscription.  Just got a Roku which is still in its shipping carton.
I'm gathering that I could hook this up and use it instead of one of my TV's and connect to the Roku
Does the fact that its Touch Screen mean that I have to touch the screen to do everything or could I use a wireless mouse?

OAN-  Just spent $90 Rewards check yesterday buying Kaspersky & more PayPal readers.  Is this deal hot enough that its worth returning all that stuff or do we think we'll see similar deals w/ BTS and BF?  Really hate the idea of paying real money...

There's a link to getting a $100 gc if you show student ID but when you click on the link the SKU for this item is not included.  Laptop touch screen is included but not the desktop.

my4mainecoons said:   Bunch of newb questions here... item is available in all the stores around me.
I have 20 yo SD TV's, no OTA reception and cancelled my cable subscription.  Just got a Roku which is still in its shipping carton.
I'm gathering that I could hook this up and use it instead of one of my TV's and connect to the Roku
Does the fact that its Touch Screen mean that I have to touch the screen to do everything or could I use a wireless mouse?

OAN-  Just spent $90 Rewards check yesterday buying Kaspersky & more PayPal readers.  Is this deal hot enough that its worth returning all that stuff or do we think we'll see similar deals w/ BTS and BF?  Really hate the idea of paying real money...

There's a link to getting a $100 gc if you show student ID but when you click on the link the SKU for this item is not included.  Laptop touch screen is included but not the desktop.
I would answer all your questions, but there will be a fee in real money....



Confucius say: There is frugal, and there is cheap. Then there is cluelessly cheap....

my4mainecoons said:   Bunch of newb questions here... item is available in all the stores around me.
I have 20 yo SD TV's, no OTA reception and cancelled my cable subscription.  Just got a Roku which is still in its shipping carton.
I'm gathering that I could hook this up and use it instead of one of my TV's and connect to the Roku
Does the fact that its Touch Screen mean that I have to touch the screen to do everything or could I use a wireless mouse?

OAN-  Just spent $90 Rewards check yesterday buying Kaspersky & more PayPal readers.  Is this deal hot enough that its worth returning all that stuff or do we think we'll see similar deals w/ BTS and BF?  Really hate the idea of paying real money...

There's a link to getting a $100 gc if you show student ID but when you click on the link the SKU for this item is not included.  Laptop touch screen is included but not the desktop.
I have a Roku(bought a few years ago) hooked up to a SD TV via red, yellow, white RCA cables from the Roku to the TV. The feed is wireless to the Roku and then the video and sound feed is via the cables from the Roku to the TV. Not what you asked but you may be able to use your SD TV and Roku.

Skipping 11 Messages...
zklopman said:   as I promised in my original thread, I went to check out the machine. Well, I did not buy it, and this is why:

  1. Reflective screen. Very reflective. On a small screen, such as a cellphone, tablet or even a 13" laptop one can adjust to hide reflections. I cannot see how one can do that with a 23" screen
  2. A huge problem with a touch screen is that people touch it. A lot. That leaves fingerprints - lots of them. I do not want to constantly clean my screen.


So maybe I'll get a matte screen, non-touch all-in-one, but I have not seen a nice 23/24" one for less than $500. I've seen a nice 21.5" for $450, but the screen on that one had limited viewing angles, so that limits its usability. So still waiting for the next deal...




I posted this deal a couple weeks ago which seems to be exactly like this model but without the touchscreen. Ironically, people weren't as interested because of that! Not sure if it was a matte screen so that might not have worked for you.

edit: quoting feature is messed up!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014