• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Regular price of $239.99, on sale for $119.88, with free in-store pickup.

http://www.kmart.com/craftsman-5-drawer-red-ball-bearing-griplat...

Product Description

This 5-Drawer Limited Edition Top Chest is loaded with special features such as GRIPLATCH® drawer retention system, 50 lb. ball-bearing drawer slides, Limited Edition badging and a unique Craftsman shield in lid. Available while quantities last!

3,513 cubic inches of storage
All steel construction for long-lasting strength and durability
Craftsman exclusive GRIPLATCH® drawer system securely latches drawers in place and is easy to release - simply lift any section of the drawer pull to easily slide the drawer open
Ball-bearing drawer slides provide optimal drawer operation, holding up to 50 lbs. per drawer
Drawer dimensions:
- 2 drawers measure 22 3/8"W x 10 5/8"D x 2"H
- 3 drawers measure 22 3/8"W x 10 5/8"D x 3 1/8"H
Keyed internal locking system secures valuable tools
Recessed aluminum side handles for portability
Select the 009-13657 rolling cabinet to complete your tool storage combination
Red shell and drawers
26"W x 12"D x 19 3/4"H
Fully assembled
3 year limited warranty

Kmart.com
See Kmart.com discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Picture
Thanks spike1856
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got a surprise with my Professional Craftsman tool storage unit. The lid has to be raised for the drawers to unlock. Just mentioning as I hadn't planed the space to always have the lid up. This may or may not be the case with this unit, just something to check if would be an issue.

DrPooh said:   I got a surprise with my Professional Craftsman tool storage unit. The lid has to be raised for the drawers to unlock. Just mentioning as I hadn't planed the space to always have the lid up. This may or may not be the case with this unit, just something to check if would be an issue.
I believe that is how the majority of top chests function...any that I have had all have to be opened on top for the drawers to open...does suck for height issues though.

99.9% of all chests.

I bought this Craftsman set top and bottom, around xmas time for the same price. The bottom unit that was delivered had a large dent in it so I ultimately returned the entire duo. However I compared this to a 9 drawer husky set I had also purchased. (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-27-in-W-9-Drawer-All-Black-Ches... The husky ended up being much cheaper price wise and about the same quality. The only major difference was the GRIPLATCH. However this GRIPLATCH did not have the same strudy feel and click sound that the more expensive toolboxes had. I ended keeping the Husky and returning the Craftsman.

DrPooh said:   I got a surprise with my Professional Craftsman tool storage unit. The lid has to be raised for the drawers to unlock. Just mentioning as I hadn't planed the space to always have the lid up. This may or may not be the case with this unit, just something to check if would be an issue.

If you plan not to open the top often, but want access to the drawers, open the lid, then open all the drawers slightly, then close the lid. The flat metal bar that runs down the back of the box that normally locks the drawers will slide down when you close the lid, but won't catch the backs of the drawers... so they won't get locked, thus allowing you to use the drawers even when the lid is closed. I have a dozen Craftsman boxes in my garage, and for the same clearance reason as you mention, have to do this very thing on a couple of them. Works like a champ.

Big Red , good idea, good color.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014