• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sears has the Original Garden Weasel for tilling soil for a good price $9.97 normally $29.99 with free store pcik-up. The deal is online only not B&M. Linky

Don't forget Discover Earn 10% CashBack Bonus if applicable or FW CB!

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

The Original Garden Weasel
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Sears Coupon:
SUMMER20
Extra $20 off Lawn & Garden orders of $200 or more (expires 10/5/13 9:59pm)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do these things actually work? I've always been curious.

bcronin said:   Do these things actually work? I've always been curious.http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Weasel/product-reviews/B002ECYRH4/

Looks like it works well if your soil is already loose/pre-tilled or not clay-like. So it seems like a metal rake would do about the same for my needs.

I bet if the soil is rock hard (like my lawn), it will just skimp on top of the soil rather than get below the surface to do any tilling. Please correct me if anyone has success using this on hard soil.

I saw my neighbor use this tool on his lush green lawn though.

I remember these

mmyk72 said:   I bet if the soil is rock hard (like my lawn), it will just skimp on top of the soil rather than get below the surface to do any tilling. Please correct me if anyone has success using this on hard soil.

Looks as if you need to balance a very heavy boulder or weight to get anything done else may be just barely visible needle marks on the soil? I could be wrong, not seen or used this ... but would like to get based on +ve inputs

I have had one of these for years, very handy for small jobs. You do have to apply downward pressure and can take some effort. Great for touchup work where putting seed down in the lawn or in the garden. The (3)tines are removable so you can change the width on the area you are working. $10.00 is a great price too.

I prefer the "Farming Ferret" but this is likely the next best thing.

I've had good luck with the lawn lemming.

Great for mixing up your mulch... the top of your mulch fades but if you use this it brings the more colorful mulch on the bottom up to the top.

mmyk72 said:   I bet if the soil is rock hard (like my lawn), it will just skimp on top of the soil rather than get below the surface to do any tilling. Please correct me if anyone has success using this on hard soil.

I had one and thought it was going to help me lighten the clay soil in my yard. Wrong! It's like you describe - skips and rolls along the top of the soil - no tilling. I sold it for a good price at a yard sale. Instead of this tool I ended up using a shovel and a metal rake. I added planting soil on top of it. It's hard work, but effective.

I use the garden claw which is worth its weight in gold.

For best results your soil should be moist but not muddy before working with this.

gardenlife1 said:   I use the garden claw which is worth its weight in gold.

Amen to that! I swear I use mine for many many things even excavating fairly large rocks it just needs 1 tiny corner to grab hold of whatever is down in there buried and boom, done.

LOVE my claw!

If the price can be favorable , it would be perfect .

Wow it's still going. I just ordered one for pick-up later today. Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014