• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Summer is here and I have relatives coming to visit from out of country. I was shopping for a cheap prepaid phone for them to use during a 6-weeks period and I think this is a very good solution. You might find it useful in other ways.

Here's the deal, for $25 you get:
o A reconditioned LG800G Touch Screen phone with
o Triple (3x) Minutes for Life
o Bluetooth Wireless supported
o Basic Camera and Video Recorder built-in
o Calculator and Stopwatch apps
o AC Wall charger
o 60 minutes Airtime Card ($20 Value)

I've been using Tracfone and I like their service. Very inexpensive to own and operate. A 60 minutes Airtime Card turns into 180 minutes of service with this 3x minutes phone. Plus the 20 minutes from activation, you get 200 minutes to start with, and 90-days of service. In my case, the phone will probably serve its purpose in 6 weeks. Total expense is $25. The 60 min card has a value of $20. You're basically getting the phone for $5. Oh, and don't forget, you earn 15% FWCB from TracFone.com purchases. This is not considered as Airtime purchase, so it qualifies for Cash Back.

Sorry, no linky here, because TracFone links has expiration times. They don't work after a while. If you like the deal, just go to www.tracfone.com, click on Shop Phones, enter your ZIP code and you'll see the deal. It includes FREE overnite shipping also. While quantity lasts, I suppose.

TracFone
See TracFone discounts that earn Up to 15.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Tracfone LG800G
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you get relatives/visitors all the time, one option is to have extra T-Mo phones. These can usually be bought for $10. Then, whenever you want, $30 buys you 1500 minutes for 30 days. It is slightly more but offers a much better value.

Thanks, Aarzi. But no, I don't need that many minutes. Plus, using my particular situation, a 6-weeks stay will end up costing me $10 for a phone, 2x 30days period for $60, and I ended up with thousand of unused minutes. So, $70 is a lot more than $25. So, it doesn't pay to go to the alternative in this case.

And for others who might have low usage need, but just to have a phone, this $25 deal will get you though the first 90 days or 3 mos. If you like the trial and want to continue at the same rate, addition $20 and 180 minutes for each 3 additional months. $85 will get you through the entire year. No contract. No strings attached. That's why I like it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014