• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
E-Z Rent-A-Carhas some cheap rates for rentals beginning between June 18 and 23.

Miami - $7/day or $45/week
Fort Myers - $7/day or $70/week (I know, doesn't make sense to rent for a week???)
Tampa - $7/day or $51/week
Orlando - $11/day or $70/week

Use code en3

Terms and Conditions
* These specials are valid for pickup only from June 18, 2013 to June 23, 2013 (varies per location / offer - check on each offer for applicable dates)
* These specials are valid only at these participating locations and on advance reservations.
* These specials apply to new reservations only and do not apply to rentals under contract.

This promotion is not valid with other discounts, coupons or other special promotions. All special promotions are subject to change at the discretion of the rental company. All renters must meet specified age policies.

Member Summary

e-z
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's interesting that later dates are possible at $55/week rate ($97 all-in) for Midsize at Paylesscar.com - which is unusually low for MCO. I have two huge issues:
1. I see no way to upgrade to what I really need, which is a 7-passenger vehicle.
2. Payless' internet reputation sucks; I'm really not sure about qualitative aspect of vehicle, upsell, etc. Anyone?

I used to travel through Orlando a lot for work. It took me a bit to find and trust renting through EZ, but I'm glad I did. They are usually about half the price of the bigger guys. There desk is in the same location, cars are new, and I've never once had a problem with them. I now actually seek them out when I travel for personal use. I'd say 8-10 rentals so far, never a problem. Good rates.

I am familiar with both companies. E-Z is actually in the airport at MCO. You have to take a shuttle to Payless at MCO. Both companies have nice current vehicles. The way out of an upsell is to simply tell the rental agent you are not interested in what they are selling.

reading thru Payless T&C: must show proof of insurance, or buy insurance. what say you?

jaimelobo said:   E-Z Rent-A-Carhas some cheap rates for rentals beginning between June 18 and 23.

Miami - $7/day or $45/week
Fort Myers - $7/day or $70/week (I know, doesn't make sense to rent for a week???)
Tampa - $7/day or $51/week
Orlando - $11/day or $70/week

Use code en3

Terms and Conditions
* These specials are valid for pickup only from June 18, 2013 to June 23, 2013 (varies per location / offer - check on each offer for applicable dates)
* These specials are valid only at these participating locations and on advance reservations.
* These specials apply to new reservations only and do not apply to rentals under contract.

This promotion is not valid with other discounts, coupons or other special promotions. All special promotions are subject to change at the discretion of the rental company. All renters must meet specified age policies.

I recently rented from EZ in Fl. Had a 2013 Elantra with 6500 miles on it, nice car for about this price (plus the taxes). was $79 total for the week.

Shuttle service was mega fast, I'd rent from them again. I was satisfied, and well worth the money.

MC, what location, was there "insurance situation", any idea if minivan may be discounted? (tall order, I know)

Personal datapoint, fwiw --

I had a bad experience with E-Z at MCO. They wanted proof of insurance, which I did not have in my wallet (my card was with registration in glovebox of the car I left at home).

Also, for business travel, I prefer to bypass counter and proceed directly to car (e.g., Hertz No.1/Gold), something I'm not sure E-Z offers.

SinglePapa said:   MC, what location, was there "insurance situation", any idea if minivan may be discounted? (tall order, I know)

Tampa, they simply asked me what company my insurance was with, did not ask for the ID card (but I had brought a COPY just in case). I don't recommend taking the original from your car as you may lose it/forget to ever put it back.

They did try to upsell me on a bigger car (had a mid size reserved) but simply told them I wanted the Elantra cause I wanted a car that got good gas mileage and they were cool about that. I did actually average about 31 MPG on the Elantra so I was pleased. Car was nice, had XM/Sirius turned on, a USB port, full power locks/windows, trunk remote release, etc.

As for a minivan, try doing a mock reservation directly at their website www.ezcarrental.com with the promo code in the OP to see how much it runs.

tuphat said:   Personal datapoint, fwiw --

I had a bad experience with E-Z at MCO. They wanted proof of insurance, which I did not have in my wallet (my card was with registration in glovebox of the car I left at home).

Also, for business travel, I prefer to bypass counter and proceed directly to car (e.g., Hertz No.1/Gold), something I'm not sure E-Z offers.

In a situation like that, they can phone verify your coverage with your carrier and have a proof of insurance faxed if necessary. Never a reason to walk away from a good rental deal.

I think all of the rental companies, tell you to have proof of insurance (if not taking their coverage). As to whether or not they ask, is another question.

I have rented locally (MCO) a couple of times from E-Z when I had a car in the shop. They did ask to see insurance card one time, but not the other -- never tried to upsell or even push extra coverage and the car was decent both times. Overall, I found them pretty laid back, but maybe that was because I was a local and not a tourist.

BTW, on a side note, my insurance company sends two copies of insurance card - one for the car and one for the wallet.

This is OFF season here in Florida...its 90+ each day with a 90% humidity....not a place you want to be...this is whythe rate is good. The wealthy who live here LEAVE until October in June.

Nothing could be truer, and somewhat of a paradox: some Orlando marketers designate June-LaborDay a "peak season"!! And that's why finding a minivan deal is tough belgique said:   This is OFF season here in Florida...its 90+ each day with a 90% humidity....not a place you want to be...this is whythe rate is good. The wealthy who live here LEAVE until October in June.

belgique said:   This is OFF season here in Florida...its 90+ each day with a 90% humidity....not a place you want to be...this is whythe rate is good. The wealthy who live here LEAVE until October in June.Not sure what part of FL you are in, but in Orlando, we have had a quite pleasant Summer so far.

My wife and I were just remarking how it is still cooling off nicely at night (more like early May) - she still carries a light pashmina to use when we are sitting at an outside bar at night.

We didn't even turn on our A/C this year until the 2nd week in June, that's a few weeks later than most years.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014