• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

$0 phones after MIR
Disclaimer

$25 Unlimited Talk & Text
Disclaimer
MetroPCS is back with the $25 Unlimited Talk+Text promotion.
No data included. Perhaps good for elderly people or someone like me who are mostly connected to WiFi.

$25 Unlimited Talk+Text

Best part - MetroPCS currently has 2 phones Free after Mail-In-Rebate that can go with this $25 plan.
2 Free MIR Phones

You may check the specs of those phones here,
Huawei Verge
Huawei Pinnacle™ 2

Terms & Conditions for the $25 Unlimited Talk+Text plan
Limited time offer, while supplies last. Restrictions apply. Offer only valid with new activation of MetroPCS Samsung Freeform III, Huawei Pinnacle 2, Huawei M735 Blue, LG Beacon, Samsung Contour 2, LG Select, Kyocera Presto, and Huawei Verge handsets. $10 promotion fee on acceptance of offer. $25 per month service plan offer includes unlimited talk and text, voice mail, local and long distance calling, nationwide coverage, 3-way calling, caller ID and call waiting. MMS and other data services not included. Offer not available with other add-on features, other than MetroGUARD℠ insurance and the Picture Messaging (MMS) add-on service. Nationwide long distance only available to continental US and Puerto Rico. Nationwide coverage of over 280 million population based on 2011 Target Pro data. Any change in phone will forfeit this promotional service plan, and service will be charged at then available rates. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer not available for Family Plan discount or participation in Family Plan. No rain checks. Coverage and services not available everywhere. Rates, services and features subject to change. See store or metropcs.com for details and Terms and Conditions of Service. MetroPCS services for personal use only. MetroPCS-related brands and trademarks are the exclusive properties of MetroPCS. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.

MetroPCS - Mail-in Rebate Offer Terms & Conditions
Mail-in Rebate Offer: Rebate has no cash value. Limited time offer. New activations only. Purchase a qualifying MetroPCS feature phone and receive, with proper completion of redemption form, a MetroPCS Visa Prepaid Card. See store of metropcs.com for list of qualifying phones and rebate details. MetroPCS Visa Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank™ , Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Cannot be combined with other rebate offers. Must be an active MetroPCS subscriber 35 days after activation of phone. Not all phones available on all rate plans. See associate for forms and rebate eligibility requirements. Certain restrictions apply. Sales tax not included and is collected in accordance with state and local laws. No rain checks. Certain restrictions apply. MetroPCS 4GLTE service available only in a MetroPCS 4GLTE coverage area. MetroPCS 4GLTE and CDMA coverage and services not available everywhere. Nationwide long distance available only to continental U.S. and Puerto Rico. Rates, services and features subject to change. Phone selection and availability may vary by store. Screen images are simulated and are subject to change. Not all features available on all service plans. MetroPCS features and services for personal use only. See store or metropcs.com for details, coverage maps, restrictions and Terms and Conditions of Service (including arbitration provision). MetroPCS-related brands, product names, company names, trademarks, service marks, and other intellectual property are the exclusive properties of T-Mobile USA,Inc. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks, service marks, and other intellectual property are the properties of their respective owners. Copyright © 2013 T-Mobile USA, Inc. $25 Talk and Text Plan: Limited time offer, while supplies last. Eligible phone availability may vary and is not guaranteed. A onetime $10 promotion fee charged on acceptance of offer. Offer only valid with new activation or reactivation of select phones. Android™ , 4G and BlackBerry phones not eligible. Offer includes unlimited talk, text, voicemail, long distance calling, nationwide coverage, 3-way calling, caller ID and call waiting. Data services not included. Picture messaging available as an Add-on feature. Offer not available with any other add-on features. Coverage and services not available everywhere. Nationwide long distance only available to continental U.S. and Puerto Rico. Phone changes forfeit promotional rate; thereafter service charged at non-promotional rates. Cannot be combined with other offers. Family Plan and Family Plan discount not available with Offer. No rain checks. Rates, services and features subject to change. MetroPCS services for personal use only. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. See store or metropcs.com for details, coverage maps, restrictions and Terms and Conditions of Service (including arbitration provision). MetroPCS-related brands and trademarks are the exclusive properties T-Mobile USA, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. Copyright © 2013 T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Member Summary
FAQs: Talk and Text Only Plan for $25/month

1. Q. What features are included in the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. Unlimited local & long distance calling, nationwide coverage, voicemail, 3-way calling, caller ID, call waiting and text (SMS).

2. Q. Is Picture Messaging (MMS) included in the new $25 rate plan?
A. Picture Messaging is not included in the $25 rate plan, but it is available as an Add-On for just $5 per month.

3. Q. Are Web or other data features – like email - included in the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. No, the new $25 Rate Plan does not include Web or any data features. You must choose another MetroPCS Rate Plan to receive web and data features.

4. Q. Are Add-on Services allowed with the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. Picture Messaging (MMS) and MetroGUARD℠ insurance are each available for $5 per month. No other Add-Ons are available for purchase.

5. Q. Can new $25 Rate Plan customers receive a $5 Family Plan discount?
A. There is NO $5 Family Plan discount for the $25 Rate Plan. The $25 Rate Plan line can be added to a Family Plan, but will not receive a $5 discount.

6. Q. Can the new $25 Rate Plan line be added to an existing Family Plan account?
A. Yes, a $25 Rate Plan line can be added to an existing Family Plan account (but others on account may NOT change their Rate Plans to the new $25 plan.)

7. Q. When does the $25 Rate Plan Promotion end?
A. The $25 Rate Plan promotion ends 06/30/2013. You can remain on it as long as you remain on the Kyocera Presto, Huawei Pinnacle, Huawei Verge, Samsung Contour, LG Select, Huawei M735 Blue, LG Beacon, or Samsung Freeform III.

8. Q. Are only new customers eligible for this promotion?
A. No, new customers and customers reactivating a device are eligible for this promotion. Upgrades and phone changes (ESN Swap) are not eligible for the promotion.

9. Q. What phones are eligible for the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. Requires purchase of a new phone: Presto, Pinnacle, Contour, Select, M735 Blue, Beacon, Freeform III, Verge. No exceptions.

10.Q. Are there any fees associated with the new $25 Rate Plan Promotion?
A. Yes, you must pay a $10 Promotion Fee upon accepting the Promotion offer.

11.Q. Where can I subscribe to MetroPCS’s new $25 Rate Plan?
A. The $25 Rate Plan is only available at MetroPCS stores and authorized dealer locations.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

T-Mobile network for those wondering.

So. . . dumb question. . . can I just buy the phone without a plan and submit the rebate, or are they gonna check that I've activated with their network?

In-store activation kills the deal... closest store is 150 miles away.

burkotron5k said:   So. . . dumb question. . . can I just buy the phone without a plan and submit the rebate, or are they gonna check that I've activated with their network?

Take a guess

Likely you could submit the rebate
but
collecting may be another thing

• "Is there such a thing as a dumb question?"

Try Spot mobile. They use TMO network as well and offer $25 unlimited talk and text. Get a SIM off eBay for $1 and you're good to go....
Link

$10 promotion fee and you only have a choice of one of their 6 locked phones? For $5 more you can use Red Pocket on AT&T towers (coverage in US & AK/HI/PR/VI) with unlimited talk/text/MMS/10M data (for data users) and grab an Ola Abla Plus, Ola Fino, IceMobile Quattro for mainly talk/text users or any unlocked phone and forget MIR and $10 promotion fees, oh and extra taxes.

If you still want to stick to the $25 a month talk/text and use AT&T towers, check SIMs from Jolt Mobile or Expo Mobile.

As in the OPs post, entering a store is not required

So many options today, ''fatwalleting'' makes it fun to save.

burkotron5k said:   So. . . dumb question. . . can I just buy the phone without a plan and submit the rebate, or are they gonna check that I've activated with their network?

From the T&C as in OP, Must be an active MetroPCS subscriber 35 days after activation of phone.

To be clear, these phones use Metro's CDMA network... NOT T-Mobile GSM/UMTS/LTE as someone inferred above.

Metro is not the greatest service in metro Detroit. Many of my friends have Metros service and they encounter too many dropped calls, missed calls and missing texts ("I didn't get your text." Is what I hear from my Metro subscribing friends a lot, but my non-Metro never say that.) $25 is not worth the hassle. Been with PagePlus too long - enjoying the coverage for $30 way to much to move to Metro right now.

Check out Voyager Mobile, Knoxville TN 19.00p/m unlimted talk&text. I'm happy with them

If you want 4G with a $40/month plan (taxes included) they have 3 phones to select from for $29 out the door.
http://www.metropcs.com/metro/promotions/promotionsDetail.jsp?pr...

Though it been 3 years since I had metro, back then the service for South Florida was as good as Att/Verizon.

Metro's supposed to be using two networks (different phones) now - original Metro and that of its new TMob parent.
Anybody have info on the Metro TMob phones and network?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014