• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
thinksport sunscreen

I'm sure many FW members will balk at paying $7.75 for sunscreen. With reports saying only 25% of sunscreens are "safe", I've decided I'm willing to spend a little extra.

This stuff has the highest safety rating given by the EWG.

In the past, I've bought it for about $12 - $15 per tube (3 oz). The current Amazon price is around $11.19. With this bulk seller on Amazon, I ordered 4 2-packs for $61.96 shipped, which is $7.75 per each (about $3.50 savings per). This should last us about a year, maybe 2 (sunscreen generally expires after 2 or 3 years).

Hopefully this helps some safety-conscious parents or anyone who plans to be outside and active a lot this summer.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

sunscreen (462.78kB)
Thanks hamspamwich
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually ship you four tubes rather than four 2-packs. The fact that the price is about half the normal price, and the quantities available are only multiples of two makes me suspicious. Plus the description says "4-Unit VALUE PACK". I'd assume "unit" refers to tube, rather than 2-pack.

I have seen other "multi-pack" items from third-party merchants on Amazon that were actually single items that were misrepresented in the title/description. I'm sure Amazon will make it right if that's the case, but I don't want to potentially deal with the hassle.

Keep us updated when you receive them.

Thanks terp. I'll let you know. Probably I'll go ahead and contact the vendor.

Balk! I thought it was $7.75 for 8. It appears to be a good deal for those who require expensive sunscreen, so no red for you. I'll go back to using chalk for now.

So, they shipped me 2 tubes of sunscreen and tried to refund half of my money. I told them they only delivered 25% of my order and that I wanted a 75% refund. They quickly provided this.

I guess I got mine for $7.75 each in the end, but only 2 (which is kind of preferable). Also, great customer service from the seller.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014