• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just read news on Yahoo. BB is going to exchange your iphone 4, 4S with iphone 5 for next nine days as they claim it was very successfull when same offere was launched on Jun 1.

I do not have link on BB site but here is the link from Yahoo news - URL

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iphone (19.66kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Best Buy already offers the iPhone 5 for $149.99 without a trade-in and a new/extension of your contract. Unless you just don't want to deal with the hassle of selling your old 4/4s or trading it in to one of those third party cellphone companies who pays cash on the spot I don't see the "value" in this promotion vs outright selling your old 4/4S. In most areas of the US the 4/4S typically fetches $100 more than the $149.99 Best Buy is offering under this promotion.

Not a bad deal if you're looking for a free upgrade (minus taxes/activation fees). Love my iPhone 5

No deal, with contract...

cnIsfg said:   Best Buy already offers the iPhone 5 for $149.99 without a trade-in and a new/extension of your contract. Unless you just don't want to deal with the hassle of selling your old 4/4s or trading it in to one of those third party cellphone companies who pays cash on the spot I don't see the "value" in this promotion vs outright selling your old 4/4S. In most areas of the US the 4/4S typically fetches $100 more than the $149.99 Best Buy is offering under this promotion.

All true. It's more of a convenience than anything, plus craigslist..is not for everyone hahaha

Agree. This is a horrible deal. It proves how uneducated most consumers are when it comes to prices.

cnIsfg said:   Best Buy already offers the iPhone 5 for $149.99 without a trade-in and a new/extension of your contract. Unless you just don't want to deal with the hassle of selling your old 4/4s or trading it in to one of those third party cellphone companies who pays cash on the spot I don't see the "value" in this promotion vs outright selling your old 4/4S. In most areas of the US the 4/4S typically fetches $100 more than the $149.99 Best Buy is offering under this promotion.

Doesn't Amazon offer more than $150 for just trade in? YMMV depending on cosmetic condition.

Sell on usell.Com for over $200 if it's a 4s in used condition. Iphone 4 is a decent deal through best buy if you don't want to deal with eBay/cl.

And if you dont want to deal with craigslist to sell your used phone, just start spreading the word to a few friends that you have a 4s to sell and someone will know someone who may want it. These trade in and trade up deals make someone money, thats why they are out there.

Moving to Galaxy...no deal

What if I have a brand new Unlocked 4S still in plastic. What is the best way to trade-in for 5?

4RainyDays said:   What if I have a brand new Unlocked 4S still in plastic. What is the best way to trade-in for 5?
Sell iPhone 4S, buy iPhone 5.

4RainyDays said:   What if I have a brand new Unlocked 4S still in plastic. What is the best way to trade-in for 5?

wait for the 5s, the 4s and the 5 have the same innards, except one of the cameras on the 5 is better, but same processor and such

A perfect condition iPhone 4 on Verizon is only worth $105 as a trade in?

Does this deal override the "find your value" calculator?

If I'm currently under contract would ETF apply?

poorfatkid said:   A perfect condition iPhone 4 on Verizon is only worth $105 as a trade in?

Does this deal override the "find your value" calculator?

If I'm currently under contract would ETF apply?

1. Yes assuming your old iPhone 4/4s meets BB's minimum operational and cosmetic standards you will get $149.99 credit towards an iPhone 5. Keep in mind at BB, sales tax on the "Full value" of the iPhone 5 and activation fees will still apply at time of purchase.

2. Yes the ETF ALWAYS applies when upgrading if you are still under your original subsidized phone contract term.

Personally I like my iphone 4 besides under contract.LOL

woops said:   Doesn't Amazon offer more than $150 for just trade in? YMMV depending on cosmetic condition.

iPhone-4 16gb (ATT) Amazon Trade-In
Good $182.75
Acceptable $149.00

I-Phone 4S 16gb (ATT) Amazon Trade-In
Good $276.24
Acceptable $226.00

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014