• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kobalt 64 oz Flat Ergonomic Handle Hammer for $7.99

Item #: 15576

Link:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_15576-16878-60174_0__?Ntt=15576&UserSear...

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn Up to 2.25% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kobalt 4-lb Hammer (14.97kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Shows $15.18 for me.

Maybe price mistake and fixed now or different regions?

EDIT:

Shows 11.98 at another store less than 10miles away from the $15.18 one. So try more than 1 store if the price is high.

It seems the price varies from store to store, even within the same region!

Marlin1975 said:   Shows $15.18 for me.

Maybe price mistake and fixed now or different regions?

EDIT:

Shows 11.98 at another store less than 10miles away from the $15.18 one. So try more than 1 store if the price is high.

thanks op

Thanks! I just ordered one. Hope it is a good hammer!

YMMV none near me are over 35% off..

its 7.99 for me but the closest stores are oos for me
would have to drive 40 miles to pick one up
but green for op

Had to look to see if I already had a small sledge before I pulled the trigger ... yup, have a Craftsman 4lb fiberglass handle sledge (paid $9.99 last year = 50% off).

P.S. Never used, like most of my FW impulse tool buys.

the handle is prone to splitting with light use, not worth the money imo

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   P.S. Never used, like most of my FW impulse tool buys.

Is it not better to have a tool and not need it, than to need it and not have it?

tld120 said:   the handle is prone to splitting with light use, not worth the money imo

Doubtful,Its hardwood, sounds like your just wrong or unknowledgable about hardwood handles. Agreed it ain't fiberglass but hardwood handles rarely if ever split

Not all hardwood is created equal. All but the cheapest tool handles are made of hickory.
And as Clint would say, there's nothing like a nice piece of hickory.
http://youtu.be/eyjrUAimzZg

skidmark said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   P.S. Never used, like most of my FW impulse tool buys.Is it not better to have a tool and not need it, than to need it and not have it?That's my philosophy.

My problem is I know I have it, but can't find it when I finally need it.

I order most of my tools online at Sears.com, so when I can't find something I check my order history to make sure I actually did buy the tool.

Says right on the handle,made of hickory

buster2 said:   tld120 said:   the handle is prone to splitting with light use, not worth the money imo

Doubtful,Its hardwood, sounds like your just wrong or unknowledgable about hardwood handles. Agreed it ain't fiberglass but hardwood handles rarely if ever split

There are multiple reviews stating that the handle split. Maybe they were misusing the tool but it appears that it can happen.

Adding this to my computer repair toolkit. In for 1.

RDMustang1 said:   buster2 said:   tld120 said:   the handle is prone to splitting with light use, not worth the money imo

There are multiple reviews stating that the handle split. Maybe they were misusing the tool but it appears that it can happen.

2 reviews,1 clearly states he's a beginner and the others name in Handy cash, doubtful either has used a heavy mallet before and if you hit a pointed object with these then yes they might split. In both case's I suspect user error. I purchased both ,drove in 10 cross-tie spikes a piece and they seem fine, nice post op, well worth the money and a very good deal for otheres.BTW if you have a close Lowes nearby the one thats higher priced they will p/m between stores which is what I did to get both for the $7.99 price

Thanks! And it was $3.99 in Rochester, nh store!

taxmantoo...Much Obliged.... $3.99 in the Florida Gulf Coast area...I got the last one in my area...Cant get around needing a BFH

I picked one up to complete my Thor costume. Thanks OP

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014