• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
See these movies again on the big screen this summer for a good cause.
$3 only, 10pm showings, different movies on different set dates (Mon, Tues, Wed nights), at 200 AMC theaters nationwide:
http://www.amctheatres.com/programs/summer-movie-nights

Movies Offered:
The Dark Knight Rises - June 24-26
Django Unchained - July 1-3
The Amazing Spiderman - July 8-10
The Hunger Games - July 15-17
Olympus Has Fallen - July 22-24
OZ The Great and Powerful - July 29-31
GI Joe: Retaliation - August 5-7
Oblivion - August 12-14

Member Summary

AMC Summer Nights $3 Selected Movies
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal...but at near me, the show time is at 10 pm...

vilimo said:   great deal...but at near me, the show time is at 10 pm...that's what the op posted. 10p.m. showing on monday, tuesday, and wednesday.

thanks

awesome!

Bump this thread to "Hot Deal" status. This effort to support the Autism Society needs more publicity.

$2 FatCash through Fandango

YuGiOh said:   $2 FatCash through Fandango
Thanks for the heads-up. This works separately from the deal unless people want to buy Fandago Bucks/Gift Cards first and then use it on the tickets.
According to FW, there's no CB for movie tickets (as taken from the Cash Back Details page of FW Fandango):
Restrictions for Use
Cash Back available on Fandango Bucks/Gift Card only.
Cash Back not available on movie tickets.

half of these movies are on HBO these days..

I was excited to see the Dark Night on the big screen again, but my local AMC is charging $13 for the Dark Night. The rest of the listed movies are priced $3. I wonder why the Dark Night was excluded.

SNakian said:   I was excited to see the Dark Night on the big screen again, but my local AMC is charging $13 for the Dark Night. The rest of the listed movies are priced $3. I wonder why the Dark Night was excluded.

Maybe because you're trying to buy the ticket a day before the Summer Nights showing starts?

SNakian said:   I was excited to see the Dark Night on the big screen again, but my local AMC is charging $13 for the Dark Night. The rest of the listed movies are priced $3. I wonder why the Dark Night was excluded.

Because they'll have a full house at that price. Supply and demand.

armanixtreme said:   YuGiOh said:   $2 FatCash through Fandango
Thanks for the heads-up. This works separately from the deal unless people want to buy Fandago Bucks/Gift Cards first and then use it on the tickets.
According to FW, there's no CB for movie tickets (as taken from the Cash Back Details page of FW Fandango):
Restrictions for Use

oh wow, I wasn't aware of this odd change.

armanixtreme said:   YuGiOh said:   $2 FatCash through Fandango
Restrictions for Use

and if you use a Visa signature card you can get 25% off on your gift card purchases

Do tickets need to be bought ahead of time or can you just show up and get the $3 price at the ticket office? Want to avoid the Fandango service fee.

triamarker said:   Do tickets need to be bought ahead of time or can you just show up and get the $3 price at the ticket office? Want to avoid the Fandango service fee.Well buying in advance means you've a ticket even if it winds up selling out. I've stood in box office lines where the show sold out while I was still in line, and just kick myself for not buying in advance in my attempt to save a dollar.
So, how likely do you think these shows may sell out? Monday thru Wednesday are the slowest nights, but $3 is real cheap and school is out...
Also depends on how big of an auditorium your local AMC shows it in I suppose.

Stolat said:   Bump this thread to "Hot Deal" status. This effort to support the Autism Society needs more publicity.

Green for the support for Austism Society. Lets raise awareness FW'ers!

MGR said:   triamarker said:   Do tickets need to be bought ahead of time or can you just show up and get the $3 price at the ticket office? Want to avoid the Fandango service fee.Well buying in advance means you've a ticket even if it winds up selling out. I've stood in box office lines where the show sold out while I was still in line, and just kick myself for not buying in advance in my attempt to save a dollar.
So, how likely do you think these shows may sell out? Monday thru Wednesday are the slowest nights, but $3 is real cheap and school is out...
Also depends on how big of an auditorium your local AMC shows it in I suppose.
Yes, it's a risk I'm willing to take because since these are older movies and showing at 10PM weeknight, I'm banking that they won't sell out. Much different than opening night for a brand new movie. Even with the cheap price and school out I doubt it would make that much a difference. Now if this was in 3D or IMAX, very different story! But I'm glad you brought up the size of the movie theater because my local multiplexes have different sized rooms with different capacities. If they decide to screen in the smaller ones, I can see them possibly selling out. Perhaps I'll Fandango the first showing and use that to gauge for the latter movies.

Also, for those that have Citi Forward cards, you get 5 points per dollar for theater-related purchases I believe.

MGR said:   
Monday thru Wednesday are the slowest nights, but $3 is real cheap and school is out...

This made me think twice about going: the crowd is going to be either (a) unemployed, (b) a kid, or (c) both.

knickdigger said:   MGR said:   
Monday thru Wednesday are the slowest nights, but $3 is real cheap and school is out...

This made me think twice about going: the crowd is going to be either (a) unemployed, (b) a kid, or (c) both.

Unemployed? and how would that harm your movie-going experience...afraid they'll drool into your popcorn?

Decent selection of movies!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014