• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bushmaster Carbon 15 Carbine with Red Dot Sight 5.56NATO 16" barrel 30 Rounds
http://grabagun.com/bushmaster-c-15-223-16-red-dot-30rd.html

DPMS Panther Oracle 5.56 Nato
http://www.kygunco.com/dpms-panther-oracle-556-rifle-16-barrel-3...

Mossberg MMR Hunter Flat Top .223 20 Rounds Black
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/...

Windham Weaponry WW-CF CARBON FIBER SRC 5.56 FLAT TOP
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/1275...

Member Summary

Bushmaster C-15
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

DPMS Panther Oracle
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

DPMS Panther NATO
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Mossberg 29100
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

M4 ORC
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

WW-CF SRC 5.56
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
So much green! Now if I could only find an Aimpoint Pro for around $350

opathal (Jun. 26, 2013 @ 7:25p) |

Smith & Wesson Sport - Out Of Stock

UnlockingWorld (Jun. 26, 2013 @ 8:08p) |

Super Green for this topic!

konig (Jul. 16, 2013 @ 11:33a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TU!

Number #5 is the only one I would buy. The rest are made from inferior (polymer) components or they lack more features added to the AR-15 that about 90% of ARs have that were made after their early 1960's redesign (no forward assist, no dust cover.

I would rank these rifles in this order:

1. PSA Optic Ready
2. Mossberg
3. DPMS Oracle
4. Windham
5. DPMS Sportical
6. Bushmaster Carbon-15 (this would be way lower on the list, but there are only six rifles, stay away from this one). Just google it for quality issues.

Outstanding. That PSA M4 looks tasty.

As always thanks for the great post!

ghostofdavid said:   Number #5 is the only one I would buy. The rest are made from inferior (polymer) components or they lack more features added to the AR-15 that about 90% of ARs have that were made after their early 1960's redesign (no forward assist, no dust cover.

I would rank these rifles in this order:

1. PSA Optic Ready
2. Mossberg
3. DPMS Oracle
4. Windham
5. DPMS Sportical
6. Bushmaster Carbon-15 (this would be way lower on the list, but there are only six rifles, stay away from this one). Just google it for quality issues.


All AR's today have the polymer components unless you have a custom built. The Oracle is the same gun for less money. 99% are going to put an optic on them so the front site is nothing to worry about.

blov10 said:   ghostofdavid said:   Number #5 is the only one I would buy. The rest are made from inferior (polymer) components or they lack more features added to the AR-15 that about 90% of ARs have that were made after their early 1960's redesign (no forward assist, no dust cover.

I would rank these rifles in this order:

1. PSA Optic Ready
2. Mossberg
3. DPMS Oracle
4. Windham
5. DPMS Sportical
6. Bushmaster Carbon-15 (this would be way lower on the list, but there are only six rifles, stay away from this one). Just google it for quality issues.


All AR's today have the polymer components unless you have a custom built. The Oracle is the same gun for less money. 99% are going to put an optic on them so the front site is nothing to worry about.


Correct, there are polymer parts on pretty much every AR pattern rifle, but polymer or carbon fiber lowers are not common at all. Most lowers are still aluminum. I'm not going to claim that one is better than the other, but just want to point out that aluminum lower are far, far, more prevalent than non-aluminum lowers.

I'm a gun noob... can I just ship these to a FFL like a normal handgun or is there special waiting/permits/etc required?

"Number #5 is the only one I would buy", I remember when I thought I knew more than everyone else regarding AR's and other weapons as well. Then I grew a pair,shut my mouth and learned alot more about what I was talking about rather than what was posted on the internet by various groups seeking to only further their own agenda's with bias comments like that 1 above or just plain ignorance about weaponry

My issue with the polymer blends is that if there's a fitment issue it is almost impossible to correct.

Agree on 5 as best choice followed by 6.

The big thing is the barrel now with the lower end ARs. Most are now coming with the 1/9 twist barrel. Thats fine if you want to shoot lighter target loads or are shooting shorter distances but I agree with the others, that Palmetto with the 1/7 barrel is the one I am having trouble resisting.

Just last month, my local LGS had those for $769 and I thought it was a good deal then.

ghostofdavid said:   Number #5 is the only one I would buy. The rest are made from inferior (polymer) components or they lack more features added to the AR-15 that about 90% of ARs have that were made after their early 1960's redesign (no forward assist, no dust cover.

I would rank these rifles in this order:

1. PSA Optic Ready
2. Mossberg
3. DPMS Oracle
4. Windham
5. DPMS Sportical
6. Bushmaster Carbon-15 (this would be way lower on the list, but there are only six rifles, stay away from this one). Just google it for quality issues.


#5 is actually less of a rifle than #3, because it does not have a forward assist, or dust cover, but basically the same rifle. #2 is actually totally not mil-spec and a first for Mossberg, it Is not yet up to par.

I would rate the 1, 3, and 4 as pretty much the same and as reliable as each other. I personally would not have an issue buying or using any of them, except the Mossberg.

jd2010 said:   I'm a gun noob... can I just ship these to a FFL like a normal handgun or is there special waiting/permits/etc required?

You would have to check your local laws, but here in FL, it will ship to an FFL for a transfer, just like a handgun.

ZombieHunter said:   ghostofdavid said:   Number #5 is the only one I would buy. The rest are made from inferior (polymer) components or they lack more features added to the AR-15 that about 90% of ARs have that were made after their early 1960's redesign (no forward assist, no dust cover.

I would rank these rifles in this order:

1. PSA Optic Ready
2. Mossberg
3. DPMS Oracle
4. Windham
5. DPMS Sportical
6. Bushmaster Carbon-15 (this would be way lower on the list, but there are only six rifles, stay away from this one). Just google it for quality issues.


#5 is actually less of a rifle than #3, because it does not have a forward assist, or dust cover, but basically the same rifle. #2 is actually totally not mil-spec and a first for Mossberg, it Is not yet up to par.

I would rate the 1, 3, and 4 as pretty much the same and as reliable as each other. I personally would not have an issue buying or using any of them, except the Mossberg.


The Palmetto does have a forward assist and dust cover.

PALMETTO STATE ARMORY (PSA) OPTICS READY CARBINE w/6-POSITION CAR STOCK - DOES NOT INCLUDE REAR FLIP-UP SIGHT •Semi-auto •CMV 4150 steel constructed & chrome-lined barrel features M4 profile & black matte phosphate finish •Dust cover •Brass deflector •Forward assist •Carbine-length gas port •1:7 RH twist •7075-T6 aluminum M4 flat-top Mil-Spec upper is hard coat anodized black & equipped w/extended feed ramps, engraved T-marks, standard M4 handguard w/double heat shield, & forged F-marked front sight post & A2 flash hider •7075-T6 aluminum forged lower is black hardcoat anodized & features standard PSA fire control group w/combat trigger, A2-style grip & aluminum trigger guard •Mil-Spec carpenter 158 steel constructed bolt (Shot-peened, MPI, HPT) is chrome-lined & features parkeriz" "0136579

str8liner said:   ZombieHunter said:   ghostofdavid said:   Number #5 is the only one I would buy. The rest are made from inferior (polymer) components or they lack more features added to the AR-15 that about 90% of ARs have that were made after their early 1960's redesign (no forward assist, no dust cover.

I would rank these rifles in this order:

1. PSA Optic Ready
2. Mossberg
3. DPMS Oracle
4. Windham
5. DPMS Sportical
6. Bushmaster Carbon-15 (this would be way lower on the list, but there are only six rifles, stay away from this one). Just google it for quality issues.


#5 is actually less of a rifle than #3, because it does not have a forward assist, or dust cover, but basically the same rifle. #2 is actually totally not mil-spec and a first for Mossberg, it Is not yet up to par.

I would rate the 1, 3, and 4 as pretty much the same and as reliable as each other. I personally would not have an issue buying or using any of them, except the Mossberg.


The Palmetto does have a forward assist and dust cover.

PALMETTO STATE ARMORY (PSA) OPTICS READY CARBINE w/6-POSITION CAR STOCK - DOES NOT INCLUDE REAR FLIP-UP SIGHT •Semi-auto •CMV 4150 steel constructed & chrome-lined barrel features M4 profile & black matte phosphate finish •Dust cover •Brass deflector •Forward assist •Carbine-length gas port •1:7 RH twist •7075-T6 aluminum M4 flat-top Mil-Spec upper is hard coat anodized black & equipped w/extended feed ramps, engraved T-marks, standard M4 handguard w/double heat shield, & forged F-marked front sight post & A2 flash hider •7075-T6 aluminum forged lower is black hardcoat anodized & features standard PSA fire control group w/combat trigger, A2-style grip & aluminum trigger guard •Mil-Spec carpenter 158 steel constructed bolt (Shot-peened, MPI, HPT) is chrome-lined & features parkeriz" "0136579


Disregard... I thought he was picking #5 from his list, but after re-reading, he created his own list and numbers that didn't go by the OP's list... sorry

5 - Palmetto State Armory AR-15 Rifle M4 Optic Ready

Does this not come with a magazine? I can't find the info.

Just Updated 7 thru 10

hey butcherboy, did you post this over at slickguns too? or did someone rip it?
BTW, the S&W is a solid rifle

santori1 said:   hey butcherboy, did you post this over at slickguns too? or did someone rip it?
BTW, the S&W is a solid rifle


The OP is Mark

almost need like a poll or something....

yes there are people who automatically give red/green just because of the subject matter, but that doesn't necessarily help to determine which is the a better deal

1) There's more complaints here about a 'dust cover' that I would have imagined. One of you -have- to be my OCD wife under a different screen name, giving herself away, and her cleaning obsession.

2) Imagine if Hi-Point made an AR-based weapon. This thread would have derailed with the 3rd reply.

Regardless, thanks OP!

Any advice how to get get one of these vendors to make it California Legal and ship it to a local store here in CA?
Thanks

SenthilJ said:   Any advice how to get get one of these vendors to make it California Legal and ship it to a local store here in CA?
Thanks


Call them to see if they will put a bullet button in.
Change out the mag for a ten round.
But if they say yes, Check with your California FFL First before ordering.

Up date

11) - Bushmaster M4 .223/5.56 Optics Ready Carbon Fiber AR #AR-XMC15 $624.99
http://centerfiresystems.com/AR-XMC15.aspx

Green for a consolidated thread instead of 11 unique threads!

We need one for ammo.

So much green! Now if I could only find an Aimpoint Pro for around $350

Smith & Wesson Sport - Out Of Stock

Super Green for this topic!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014