• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dell UltraSharp 27'' Widescreen Monitor @ Dell Consumer - $549.99 after Coupon
was $999.99
Free Shipping!

Coupons
PV4NQ1C11JQZBD - $450 off

• Dell UltraSharp 27'' Widescreen Monitor.
  • 350cd/m2 Brightness.
  • 6ms Response Time.
  • 80,000:1 Dynamic Contrast
  • 25.5'' x 7.9'' x 16.9''.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
the monitor from eBay is cheaper than this price, why?

jimmyfm (Jun. 29, 2013 @ 1:34p) |

If you use these coupons...it is 499 instead of 549

- use BOTH coupon codes SDW7RZ4J1P20BM and G4DSC4?667FMDJ

(stolen from... (more)

waldo77 (Jul. 11, 2013 @ 7:56p) |

Neither coupon seems to work

jumbles (Jul. 13, 2013 @ 10:36p) |

Highlights
2560x1440 pixels resolution allows for sharp and brilliant images
Features 350 cd/m² brightness and 80000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for high color accuracy and uniformity
Offers a viewing angle of 178° both horizontal and vertical
Delivers an fast 6 ms response time helps prevents smearing and ghosting
Provides On-Screen Display (OSD) adjustments for ease of set-up and screen optimization
Input Connectors DVI-D, VGA, DisplayPort

Overview
Experience a revolutionary screen performance with the Dell™ UltraSharp™ U2711 27-inch Widescreen Monitor. With an outstanding resolution of 2560x1440 (WQHD) pixels, this monitor delivers stunning detail, depth and responsiveness. Coupled with a dynamic contrast ratio of 80000:1 and a fast response time of 6 ms, you can enjoy great color intensity such as deep blacks and bright reds, razor-sharp graphics and text. Additionally, with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, this monitor produces brilliant color and excellent detail for high-definition graphics.

Furthermore, with a color gamut of 110% provides vibrant, true-to-life color across all display modes. Equipped with 4 USB ports and a media card reader allow easy connection of peripherals like cameras and game consoles. Designed for comfort and convenience, this monitor is equipped with height-adjustable stand, tilt and swivel features that make it easy for collaborative viewing. In addition, the In-Plane Switching technology (IPS), allows superb color consistency whether you’re sitting in front of the display or standing off at an angle. With all these features and more, the Dell™ UltraSharp U2711 27-inch widescreen monitor lends distinctive style and sophistication to your desk and compliments your lifestyle. Dell branded monitors undergo exhaustive testing for performance, reliability, durability and compatibility with Dell systems.

Manufacturer Part# : G615T
Dell Part# : 224-8284
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI for those who are wondering, this is the U2711 (Dell has two other 27" UltraSharp monitors, the U2713H and U2713HM).

Great deal for those who needs this 27 IPS monitor. I have one and paid 650 last December.

Any ideas on how this compares to the Monoprice version? Same glass, right? Better stand? More bells and whistles, with the USB ports and card reader. Anything else to justify another 100$?

Between this and U2713H, which one is better?

I'd have loved this deal back when I blew my 'stupid tech thingamajigs I do not need' budget on 2 24" monitors (1920x1080). That 2560x1440 is tempting as hell though. You'll almost definitely still see individual pixels, but the pixellation (sp?) on a 1920x1080 monitor is worse.

BTW: from this months popular photography: the new Monoprice 27" IPS is as good and at 2/3 the price ......

wow, i think mine is a 2709 and i paid 1k for it and love it

user3657 said:   Between this and U2713H, which one is better?

2711 is a better one.

user3657 said:   Between this and U2713H, which one is better?

Some discussions about the differences here

I just picked up a U2713HM on Amazon a few weeks ago for like $540. I like this model because it is PWM free and therefore reduces eye strain, if you have any issues with eye strain. The resolution is great. These Dell IPS monitors do have some back-light bleeding. I read the reviews and unfortunately get one with the bleeding, Dell sent me a replacement, but that one also has the backlight bleeding problem. Still a great monitor overall!

lovecd said:   user3657 said:   Between this and U2713H, which one is better?

2711 is a better one.

I disagree. The 2711 (and U2713HM) is less expensive than U2713H, but not better quality. One simple example is that the U2713H and HM versions has less aggressive anti-glare which many photographers complained about because the whites looked gray.

If you're comparing the 2711 to U2713HM, the U2711 is older CFL backlight model and U2713HM is newer LED backlight model. The LED creates much less heat and uses less power.

It's all about what your needs are and what you're willing to settle for. I just purchased the U2713H which supports both sRGB and AdobeRGB mode last week to process images in Photoshop and paid $765 (not including FW CB).

I switched to a 27" monitor but got back to the old 20" one. 27" was surprisingly bigger than my liking!

Curious to ask, how did you identify the bleeding issue?

Thanks!

Zan86 said:   I just picked up a U2713HM on Amazon a few weeks ago for like $540. I like this model because it is PWM free and therefore reduces eye strain, if you have any issues with eye strain. The resolution is great. These Dell IPS monitors do have some back-light bleeding. I read the reviews and unfortunately get one with the bleeding, Dell sent me a replacement, but that one also has the backlight bleeding problem. Still a great monitor overall!

lovecd said:   Curious to ask, how did you identify the bleeding issue?

Thanks!

Zan86 said:   I just picked up a U2713HM on Amazon a few weeks ago for like $540. I like this model because it is PWM free and therefore reduces eye strain, if you have any issues with eye strain. The resolution is great. These Dell IPS monitors do have some back-light bleeding. I read the reviews and unfortunately get one with the bleeding, Dell sent me a replacement, but that one also has the backlight bleeding problem. Still a great monitor overall!

Two ways - The easy way is just to run a completely black screen saver and see all the white light so its not completely black all over. On my screen it was in the lower left hand corner. Also, if you hold the top and bottom buttons, you can make the screen show you each color (black, blue, green, red, gray) and when the black screen came on, you can see the bleeding in the corners. While I mainly play games (dota2) so it has not been an issue, these monitors are still expensive and I would expect them to be working correctly. From what I read online about the HM model, any of them built in May 2013 will have the issue fixed. The original one and replacement one both had April build dates. Hope that helps!

Thanks!
Zan86 said:   lovecd said:   Curious to ask, how did you identify the bleeding issue?

Thanks!

Two ways - The easy way is just to run a completely black screen saver and see all the white light so its not completely black all over. On my screen it was in the lower left hand corner. Also, if you hold the top and bottom buttons, you can make the screen show you each color (black, blue, green, red, gray) and when the black screen came on, you can see the bleeding in the corners. While I mainly play games (dota2) so it has not been an issue, these monitors are still expensive and I would expect them to be working correctly. From what I read online about the HM model, any of them built in May 2013 will have the issue fixed. The original one and replacement one both had April build dates. Hope that helps!

Thanks!
Zan86 said:   lovecd said:   Curious to ask, how did you identify the bleeding issue?

Thanks!

starlights said:   BTW: from this months popular photography: the new Monoprice 27" IPS is as good and at 2/3 the price ......

isn't it more like 4/5 of the price? The one with DP at Monoprice is $450.46. Did you compare with the one @$386, which lacks DP?

Still a $100 diff.

rockymast said:   I switched to a 27" monitor but got back to the old 20" one. 27" was surprisingly bigger than my liking!

That's NOT what she said!

TeeSemmel said:   starlights said:   BTW: from this months popular photography: the new Monoprice 27" IPS is as good and at 2/3 the price ......

isn't it more like 4/5 of the price? The one with DP at Monoprice is $450.46. Did you compare with the one @$386, which lacks DP?

Still a $100 diff.

Yep - I guess the one i looked at was one without DP (isnt that for Macs? ....I use PC for my photo processing anyway - unless there is another difference)

what i looked at was: 27" IPS-ZERO-G Slim Monitor WQHD 2560x1440 - Dual Link DVI, VGA

IMO, a Korean monitor from eBay for approximately $280, will be same as this.

manuva said:   IMO, a Korean monitor from eBay for approximately $280, will be same as this.

Then you obviously have never used either. Comparing the build and picture quality of a true Dell IPS UltraSharp to those sub $300 Korean eIPS POS LEDS is simply amusing.

can you explain the difference for us? I'm considering both. Thanks.

cnIsfg said:   manuva said:   IMO, a Korean monitor from eBay for approximately $280, will be same as this.

Then you obviously have never used either. Comparing the build and picture quality of a true Dell IPS UltraSharp to those sub $300 Korean eIPS POS LEDS is simply amusing.

Yep, haven't used this Dell, but I have a 30" Dell monitor at work (a slightly higher resolution than this) and a 27" Korean from eBay at home. They feel the same to me, but, I am not a super discerning user -- just a programmer, not designer.

the monitor from eBay is cheaper than this price, why?

If you use these coupons...it is 499 instead of 549

(stolen from Tom's Hardware....coupons are good til the 23rd)

waldo77 said:   If you use these coupons...it is 499 instead of 549

(stolen from Tom's Hardware....coupons are good til the 23rd)

Neither coupon seems to work

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014