• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy offers the OUYA Android Game Console for $99.99 with free shipping. This console, released today, features a Tegra3 quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth LE 4.0, USB, HDMI, wireless remotes, Ethernet, and Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean). It can use video and music streaming apps and free-to-play Android games.

OUYA Game Console

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

OUYA Quad-Core Android Game Console (47.33kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Gamers occupy two distinct, staunchly divided worlds. On the move, app addicts tap away at the touch screens of their mobile phones, slinging birds at pigs or battling zombies with flowers and trees. In the living room, die-hard franchise fans disappear into the battlefields of blockbuster video games that explode onto large-screen HDTVs. From these two separate realities, we all want one thing — gaming's best. OUYA is a new kind of console that turns the gaming world upside-down — bringing the open mobile model to TV for the first time. It looks like a piece of artwork, is developed like a mobile phone, delivers high-definition like a console — and yet is so very different from anything you've seen before.

Introducing a whole new way to experience games and entertainment on your TV, OUYA runs on the Android operating system — becoming the first and only console to lets you develop and publish your own games. If you can program for Android, you can program for OUYA — it comes with an SDK built in, giving you all the tools you'll need to make, submit and publish a great game. The Android OS also means you'll have a custom user interface and game store right at your fingertips, stocked not only with games, like the legendary Final Fantasy franchise, but also tons of your favorite Android apps, videos from VEVO, music from iHeartRadio, streaming games from TwitchTV and more entertainment options. There are no discs to buy or scratch — download games directly to OUYA. When it comes to taking the action on screen, OUYA does it the right way, with impeccable graphics rendered by the NVIDIA Tegra3 quad-core processor, high-definition picture via HDMI and wireless navigation with the 2.4GHz controller. Bringing the fractured gaming world together and giving the power to the people — that's what OUYA can do. OUYA
Staff Summary

Isn't that the regular price? Ymmv for stock but I don't think for price. Most people are probably better off ordering from Amazon or ouya.tv to save on taxes.

The ratings at Best Buy are interesting...not interesting enough to check Amazon's, but interesting nonetheless. Wonder how many of them are bogus, as there seem to be too many 1's offsetting the 3-4-5's...

I have one. I'm sure most of the reviews are pre-launch, which would warrant the 1s and 2s.

Sideloading android market apps though does make it a solid 3 star device.

Sold out at Amzn, might be hot for flippers. Bought mine w/rewards and saved on sales tax. It's pretty much a retro-console at this point as most of the games seems to be fairly half baked.

Ooh, how do you side-load?

GWBush said:   Ooh, how do you side-load?

It seems a little complicated, but this is how I did it:

1) Download any APK from the web-browser on Ouya
2) Download whatever APK you want on your computer, and give it the exact same name as the one you downloaded on Ouya.
3) USB Connect, replace the Ouya APK with the Computer APK, and then run from the download folder inside the browser.

I only tried this with GTAVC, and am sure it'll work with any others.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014