• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Koss KSC75 headphones will show up at the register as $5 when you buy them at your local Office Depot store. Use inventory check link below to search for SKU # 996507. This is one of the best value in sub $50 cans.

http://checkinvt2.appspot.com/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/koss-ksc75-review...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/koss-ksc75-portable-stereophone-...

Member Summary

Koss KSC75
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks a lot ! Got them in Pikesville, MD

tallybaby (Jul. 10, 2013 @ 6:40p) |

Office Depot at SanRamon,CA still shows original price, not in clearance.

jessesally (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 1:47a) |

maybe it has something to do with you bumping a thread more than a month old

lordoffire (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 2:10a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a ridiculous price. I wore the hell out of my KSC35's, twice, after they replaced them on (lifetime) warranty. These are almost as good, I just liked the 35's more because they were lighter.

Store will show $10, but KSC75 will ring up as $5 at the register. I bought 3. Still have 6 units available near my zip. The KSC75 that I bought from Rat Shack a few years back are still working fine (minus work out foams), but the cost of return shipping and handling for warranty will cost more than $5!

ooo here

Just picked up a couple of pairs for the kids. Fyi - they also have some higher end models 100s and 200s reduce as well under $20.

Those dinky things are ear plugs, not headphones.

djspray said:   This is a ridiculous price. I wore the hell out of my KSC35's, twice, after they replaced them on (lifetime) warranty. These are almost as good, I just liked the 35's more because they were lighter.

What did you have to do to get them replaced? I use mine daily, and have gone through three or four pairs. The adjustable volume, on each pair, eventually stops working properly. I've kept them all, and just opened new pairs. I figured it was likely too much hassle to try to get them replaced under the warranty. How did you do it?

Aside from that these are great. If you can get them at this price, do so and you won't be sorry. I bought all I could find a couple years ago when Radio Shack heavily discounted theirs. I think I have two or three new pair left.

bossofyou said:   djspray said:   This is a ridiculous price. I wore the hell out of my KSC35's, twice, after they replaced them on (lifetime) warranty. These are almost as good, I just liked the 35's more because they were lighter.

What did you have to do to get them replaced? I use mine daily, and have gone through three or four pairs. The adjustable volume, on each pair, eventually stops working properly. I've kept them all, and just opened new pairs. I figured it was likely too much hassle to try to get them replaced under the warranty. How did you do it?

Aside from that these are great. If you can get them at this price, do so and you won't be sorry. I bought all I could find a couple years ago when Radio Shack heavily discounted theirs. I think I have two or three new pair left.

Mail in the old phones and include $9 for return shipping/handling. These units no longer include an in-line volume control like the older Rat Shack units.

Thanks OP. I bought a spare pair a few weeks ago at Amazon when they were on sale. Picked up another pair for a spare for my spare.... I also have a pair with and without the volume control. I like the ones without the volume control - the extra moment of inertia causes the cord to become tangled more often and I always had the volume up all the way anyway.

It may look a little more odd with the ear clips, but they stay in place. My favorite ear phones by far - and they sound great.

E4300 said:   bossofyou said:   djspray said:   This is a ridiculous price. I wore the hell out of my KSC35's, twice, after they replaced them on (lifetime) warranty. These are almost as good, I just liked the 35's more because they were lighter.

Mail in the old phones and include $9 for return shipping/handling. These units no longer include an in-line volume control like the older Rat Shack units.

Again, I had my KSC35's replaced, not the 75's in this deal. The clips, all plastic no metal, completely wore out and would not stay on. The ear foams were disintegrated, too. I wore them a lot.

The first time I tried to have them replaced, they were discontinued. When they brought them back, apparently they were retro so they doubled the price. I wrote a letter and they replaced my old ones anyway. Great company.

I picked up a couple pairs yesterday and they were marked $5 on hang tag- I really like them and will probably go back for more now just to keep as spares/gifts. At that price they really rock!

still available??

If in-stock, yes. Store only.

Thank you OP!...............took me 3 stores to find any..got a couple of pair.

I went to my local Office Depot and bought three. They were marked at $5.00

When I run up at the register, they rung up at

$1.93

The total is $6.21 for three!!!!

Wow. this is a hot deal. I attached the results.

stupid inventory checker STILL doesn't work with my zip or nearby ones (tested it works with other zips!)

You can bring back the set bought at $5 to get a price adjustment from Office Depot. I found one more at my zip for $1.93!

E4300 said:   You can bring back the set bought at $5 to get a price adjustment from Office Depot. I found one more at my zip for $1.93!

Do they price match heavy clearanced items?

http://www.officedepot.com/renderStaticPage.do?file=/customerser...
What items and services are excluded from our Price Match Guarantee?
We will not match prices on service plans, computer services, or other services which include delivery, copy and custom printing, installation and extended warranties. Taxes, ad errors, closeouts, clearance, liquidation, free product offers, special orders, offers advertised at a specific location and refurbished items are also excluded from this guarantee.

I didn't have any problem with the price adjustment at the store. Manager came over and showed the kid at the register the procedure. Even managed to squeeze in the Staples 20% off coupon. Other option is to return and repurchase the same item!

The last time I bought a pair of Koss headphones I was encouraged to do so by the myriad reviews saying that they were worth 10x the price. Guess what... they were worth exactly what I paid for them. What you will find is that most people who buy Koss headphones have no idea what good headphones should sound like.

You probably didn't buy these.

Thanks Fatlard...
Scored 3 more at$1.93 ea

I picked up 3 at 1.93 also.They sound pretty darn good. Thanks OP!

VirginiaDC said:   I picked up 3 at 1.93 also.They sound pretty darn good. Thanks OP!

I would give these $2 cans a rating of 7.9/10. Cans with 9.7/10 rating would run at least $200. The low frequency response of the KSC75 is essentially flat down to about 40 Hz. There is very little musical content below 40 Hz unless the recording contains pipe organ or Hollywood blockbuster explosions. There is a small high frequency dip around 12000 Hz, but this dip is almost irrelevant due to the lack of any meaningful musical content above 10000 Hz.

E4300 said:   VirginiaDC said:   I picked up 3 at 1.93 also.They sound pretty darn good. Thanks OP!

I would give these $2 cans a rating of 7.9/10. Cans with 9.7/10 rating would run at least $200. The low frequency response of the KSC75 is essentially flat down to about 40 Hz. There is very little musical content below 40 Hz unless the recording contains pipe organ or Hollywood blockbuster explosions. There is a small high frequency dip around 12000 Hz, but this dip is almost irrelevant due to the lack of any meaningful musical content above 10000 Hz.

So, that's good, right?

Thanks OP! Outstanding price - picked up two @ $1.93 ea. I find these are very comfortable even for long periods of time.

All Koss headphones are on sale at Office Depot.
Just scored a couple of IL100K's for $4.99 ( original $49.99 )
They were sale marked $12.99 but rang up $4.99.

VirginiaDC said:   E4300 said:   VirginiaDC said:   I picked up 3 at 1.93 also.They sound pretty darn good. Thanks OP!

So, that's good, right?

I prefer an accurate and neutral sound...KSC75 works very well over a wide range of music. Cutting a quarter-sized hole in the middle of the foam will yield a flatter frequency response above 3000 Hz. One can expect a small improvement in imaging and treble details with this headphone mod. Great cans will still sound average when fed with mediocre playback devices and compressed music. To fairly audition the KSC75, one should use high quality CD recording along with a receiver designed with a competent phone out jack, since the KSC75 has a nominal impedance of 60 Ohms. Many stuffs coming out of today's Ipod/Ipad are not very high quality recordings. Furthermore, the D/A converter in these players is average at best.

Remember the old saying, garbage in, garbage out!

Well, even though the inventory check won't work for my zip code(s), I stopped by an OD today anyway. At $5 each I could pass, but $1.93... Surprisingly (or maybe just because the inventory checker doesn't work) there were still two pair on the rack tagged at $5 and rang up at $1.93 each. Paid for with rewards, so hot deal all around.

iFrogz™ Symphony Audio Earbuds With Mic ( THESE RIGHT HERE )rang up $5 as well

Thanks OP! Found one $2.09 OTD

auksas123 said:   All Koss headphones are on sale at Office Depot.

thanks OP and aukasas123.

I got a few KSC75's at $1.93 and some IL100K's at $5 and some IL200k's at $6.93. The IL100k's and Il200k's were still marked as $29.xx.

ifrogz
Disclaimer

koss
Disclaimer
tvman1961 said:   auksas123 said:   All Koss headphones are on sale at Office Depot.

thanks OP and aukasas123.

I got a few KSC75's at $1.93 and some IL100K's at $5 and some IL200k's at $6.93. The IL100k's and Il200k's were still marked as $29.xx.

Some more price points.

Koss IL200W $6.93
Koss IL200 (black) $6.93
Koss KEB $2.93
Koss IL100 $4.93
Koss KSC75 $1.93

These are all bargains.

They also have the ifrogz
for between $2.93 to $4.93
ifrogz quake, spectra and sympony

And yes, they pricematch my purchases from last week. That netted me $6 back.

Thanks a lot ! Got them in Pikesville, MD

Office Depot at SanRamon,CA still shows original price, not in clearance.

jessesally said:   Office Depot at SanRamon,CA still shows original price, not in clearance.
  maybe it has something to do with you bumping a thread more than a month old

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014