compare at $678.00
free in-store pickup

• 1080p Full HD Resolution
  • 1920 x 1080
  • 60" LED display
  • 4ms Response Time
  • 1,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
  • Four HDMI ports

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
So I assume the only difference between the E600i and the E601i is that the 601 is a Smart TV? I have an HTPC anyway, s... (more)

g0dMAn (Jun. 30, 2013 @ 11:15a) |

I guess it all depends on everyone's expectations, but being that it's probably the cheapest 60" LED I've ever seen, it'... (more)

tooloud (Jun. 30, 2013 @ 11:29a) |

Good point...I definitely don't expect top-notch, but I do fear disappointment, so you're right it's probably not worth ... (more)

g0dMAn (Jun. 30, 2013 @ 12:35p) |

• Also categorized in:

Review.

Judging by the two reviews on Wal-Mart's site, there's a decent chance this will arrive damaged.

I would strongly suggest getting extended warranty.

I bought a refurb Vizio that lasted less than 3 months so I had it exchanged. (I had to pay shipping)

The replacement did not last 7 months so I had to trow it away. (It was more expensive to fix than to replace it)

I've had a 47" Vizio refurb in my bedroom for a year or two. Never a problem.

This is a well-documented Vizio set. They had a problem with one of their parts suppliers and a board/chip was bad in the initial run. They took all the units back and replaced them with updated ones, then fixed the first run and are selling them as refurbs. I had one of the first run and it was a damned nice set for less than $1000. For less than $650 it's a damned steal.

Vizio made good on their name with this problem, they had a special web site set up and took care of shipping / delivery / etc.

I bought another Vizio. They seem to be a company willing to stand by their product.

Sounds risky, but still temping... maybe a warranty with squaretrade?

How's the QUALITY of the image on this model as opposed to other brands/models. Is it at least up to par with most quality LEDs? I'm thinking of replacing my 55 LG LCD.

I've been waiting for one of these 60" to be the right price. Great size to watch UFC, Fast & Furious or a romantic comedy like Girl Meets Boy.

Note 1 million to one contrast ratio.....to give you a better idea...generally a six million to one is excellent blacks, four million to one is good...and 1 million...well..how do you like gray.

The cheaper sets have poor contrast ratios...always check that first....bad contrast ruins any tv...I rather have a tv with no features and good contrast rather than one with a ton of features and bad contrast.

Wish they would standarized the contrast ratio.

In regards to plasmas..they have the best in a darker room..or what I call the appropriate way to watch TV.but only premium panel plasmas...the lower ends are worse than cheap LCD since they use a cheaper process to create the panel.

LCD/LED better in bright rooms...like a room with lots of windows and white walls.
Plasmas (good type higher end) better in darker rooms..will have the best true film (NO SOAP OPERA AFFECT..meaning looks like someone shot the film with your video camera)

Prices are dropping fast on TV..due to high inventory and low demand...so you dont have to get a refurb unless its unbelievable.

g0dMAn said:   Sounds risky, but still temping... maybe a warranty with squaretrade?

How's the QUALITY of the image on this model as opposed to other brands/models. Is it at least up to par with most quality LEDs? I'm thinking of replacing my 55 LG LCD.

Does square trade offer warranty for refurbished tv? I went to their site and only see quote for new tv.

BTPlayer said:   g0dMAn said:   Sounds risky, but still temping... maybe a warranty with squaretrade?

Does square trade offer warranty for refurbished tv? I went to their site and only see quote for new tv.

I don't know about square trade, but I was curious about the warranty on the refurb as well, even though I'm not in the market for a tv just kinda wondering, so I added the tv to cart and a popup came up offering a 3 - 5 year warranty, so I would assume it is availible.

g0dMAn said:   How's the QUALITY of the image on this model as opposed to other brands/models. Is it at least up to par with most quality LEDs? I'm thinking of replacing my 55 LG LCD.

The quality? It's the best quality 60" LED TV you're going to find for $648.

bigfathead said:   Note 1 million to one contrast ratio.....to give you a better idea...generally a six million to one is excellent blacks, four million to one is good...and 1 million...well..how do you like gray.

The cheaper sets have poor contrast ratios...always check that first....bad contrast ruins any tv...I rather have a tv with no features and good contrast rather than one with a ton of features and bad contrast.

The lack of a standardized contrast ratio measurement is exactly why arguing about contrast ratios is pointless. It's a completely meaningless number.

tooloud said:   bigfathead said:   Note 1 million to one contrast ratio.....to give you a better idea...generally a six million to one is excellent blacks, four million to one is good...and 1 million...well..how do you like gray.

The lack of a standardized contrast ratio measurement is exactly why arguing about contrast ratios is pointless. It's a completely meaningless number.

Absolutely this. Dynamic Contrast Ratio is what is quoted, especially when the numbers are multi-million. These numbers are nothing to differentiate sets in the real world, more like optimum maximums in a contrived setting. Look up Dynamic Contrast Ratio and have people smarter than me tell you how bad it is to use that as a deciding point.

Like tooloud said -- this is the best picture you're going to find in a sub-$700 60" LED TV... because there's nothing else close to that price on the market.

Free shipping to store is no longer available

tooloud said:   g0dMAn said:   How's the QUALITY of the image on this model as opposed to other brands/models. Is it at least up to par with most quality LEDs? I'm thinking of replacing my 55 LG LCD.

The quality? It's the best quality 60" LED TV you're going to find for $648.

I agree dude, but if the TV as an LED is not up to par, then obviously it's not a good investment for me, regardless of the price. If a piece of crap costs $1500, but you can buy it for $500, it's still a piece of crap. I'm not knocking, just using an analogy so you understand my goals as well. I have a 55" LCD I'd like to upgrade to 60" and with better image quality. If the IQ on this was poor, I will stick with my 55 LCD until I find something more reasonable with price vs. quality. =)

tooloud said:   bigfathead said:   Note 1 million to one contrast ratio.....to give you a better idea...generally a six million to one is excellent blacks, four million to one is good...and 1 million...well..how do you like gray.

Exactly

well not really..within brands like sharp I do see a difference between a six million versus 4 million in their brand line....

smw said:   Review.

Judging by the two reviews on Wal-Mart's site, there's a decent chance this will arrive damaged.

Proper review

xjagox said:   They also have the E601i-A3 listed twice for $698 w/ free store pickup or home shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E601i-A3-60-1080p-120Hz-Class-LE...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E601i-A3-60-1080p-120Hz-Class-Ra...

It looks like second one is "Vizio Direct Refurbished"... I don't see the difference. Does WalMart refurbish and resell, and might that be the first one?

jtroye32 said:   smw said:   Review.

Proper review

So I assume the only difference between the E600i and the E601i is that the 601 is a Smart TV? I have an HTPC anyway, so that would be a waste of money for me.

Has anyone picked up the E600i here and liked it? I'm still very interested in replacing my 55 LCD.

g0dMAn said:   I agree dude, but if the TV as an LED is not up to par, then obviously it's not a good investment for me, regardless of the price. If a piece of crap costs $1500, but you can buy it for $500, it's still a piece of crap. I'm not knocking, just using an analogy so you understand my goals as well. I have a 55" LCD I'd like to upgrade to 60" and with better image quality. If the IQ on this was poor, I will stick with my 55 LCD until I find something more reasonable with price vs. quality. =)

I guess it all depends on everyone's expectations, but being that it's probably the cheapest 60" LED I've ever seen, it's a refurb from an entry-level brand, and it's coming from Wal-Mart, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you shouldn't expect a lot.

Anyone hoping that this is going to be a top-notch set for $648 is probably going to be disappointed. Anyone looking for a cheap 60" secondary set for an office/toy room/garage/etc. will probably be thrilled.

tooloud said:   g0dMAn said:   I agree dude, but if the TV as an LED is not up to par, then obviously it's not a good investment for me, regardless of the price. If a piece of crap costs $1500, but you can buy it for $500, it's still a piece of crap. I'm not knocking, just using an analogy so you understand my goals as well. I have a 55" LCD I'd like to upgrade to 60" and with better image quality. If the IQ on this was poor, I will stick with my 55 LCD until I find something more reasonable with price vs. quality. =)

I guess it all depends on everyone's expectations, but being that it's probably the cheapest 60" LED I've ever seen, it's a refurb from an entry-level brand, and it's coming from Wal-Mart, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you shouldn't expect a lot.

Anyone hoping that this is going to be a top-notch set for $648 is probably going to be disappointed. Anyone looking for a cheap 60" secondary set for an office/toy room/garage/etc. will probably be thrilled.

Good point...I definitely don't expect top-notch, but I do fear disappointment, so you're right it's probably not worth the risk. If it was something I didn't want... It takes a lot of time to grab a TV from a store, set it up, be disappointed, and return it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014