Coupler to stream music wireless through headphones/speakers

USB cable included to recharge the Bluetooth adapter

Works with all Bluetooth devices

Small and compact

Member Summary

bluetooth receiver
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

How to use this bluetooth receiver, thx to LiZaDaisy.
Thanks AusTexDealSeeker
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Will this work to convert my bose noise cancelling headphones to bluetooth wireless headphones?

If your bluetooth transmitter can pair up with a bluetooth device, then yes.

To be clear, I love the noise cancelling headphones.
I plug them into my iphone and use pandora.

I'd like to be able to make them wireless by plugging the headphone wire intoa bluetooth receiver, and letting the bluetooth talk to the iphone.

Would this be a good solution for that? Or should I consider otherwise?
I wasn't sure I could easily plug my headphones into this bluetooth piece, and not sure if it'll be nice and clear.

from what I can tell this is a Bluetooth RECEIVER, not transmitter

so, for those that want to pair it with headphones, it would not work

AFAIK, this is for plugging into your AUX IN port on your stereo, then you could transmit from your phone to your home stereo or car receiver

you need a transmitter to connect to your headphones (which are basically a Bluetooth receiver)

YMMV, cuz the product description is weird

EDIT:

OK, I think I get it, it comes with a female/female 1/8 inch coupler, so you probably should be able to connect it to your headphones, assuming you have a cord option

i'm gettin one instead of plugging in the cord to my phone in the car...about the same price as a decent cord anyway. thanks op

Muley said:   from what I can tell this is a Bluetooth RECEIVER, not transmitter

so, for those that want to pair it with headphones, it would not work

AFAIK, this is for plugging into your AUX IN port on your stereo, then you could transmit from your phone to your home stereo or car receiver

you need a transmitter to connect to your headphones (which are basically a Bluetooth receiver)

YMMV, cuz the product description is weird

EDIT:

OK, I think I get it, it comes with a female/female 1/8 inch coupler, so you probably should be able to connect it to your headphones, assuming you have a cord option

Ok, If I'm understanding correctly, the BT transmitter is for example my iphone. It OUTPUTS signal via BT.
This is a receiver so it would receive signal via BT and send it to some device via wire. (Hence how it works for a stereo).

In my case I want the wired device to be my Bose headphones. Except, by Bose don't have a round audio input (female), my bose has a male audio plug that (Instead of plugging it into my iphone directly,) I want to plug the headphone audio wire into this BT Receiver.

Does that make sense? I'm just not clear on whether this little BT receiver only has the audio cable, so it must be a Male and plug into a female (like on a stereo), or whether I can plug my headphone male into this device (a female connector).

Furthermore, is it a crap quality item that will make my nice headphones sound like junk?

In for one. Since my car doesn't have bluetooth this should be handy for me.

Thanks OP, been watching these for a while. At $12, I'll give it a try.

Edit: Correct, it is showing $11.99 in cart. Debating getting this for my motorcycle...

DTKim said:   Back to $14.99.

Did you add the item in your cart? Once you put it in the cart the price comes to $11.99. I'm looking at my cart and see it for $11.99.

For those with questions here is the Manual here

This device works, but I have few issues with it:

1- You cannot keep it plugged in charging all the time in your car. Whenever the unit power cycles (like when you start or stop your car), It goes off and needs to be turned on again and reconnected to your phone.

2 - Turning it on when plugged in to the car charger requires you to hold it a little more than normal, and sometimes it goes into pairing mode. A bit of a pain.

3 - Gets tons of interference when charging... I do not think it is a ground loop issue because I tried it without the phone being plugged in...

Overall, if you charge it, then unplug to use it, it works well.

Regards
Steve

You can use your headphone if you use a female to female converter cable.
No volume control, only in the device.
The little amp of the receiver may not drive the headphones without a small heaphone amplifier.

RhizzleBop said:   To be clear, I love the noise cancelling headphones.

I'd like to be able to make them wireless by plugging the headphone wire intoa bluetooth receiver, and letting the bluetooth talk to the iphone.

I wasn't sure I could easily plug my headphones into this bluetooth piece, and not sure if it'll be nice and clear.

It won't work. You need a bluetooth transmitter. This is a receiver.

bosbeemer said:   RhizzleBop said:   To be clear, I love the noise cancelling headphones.

It won't work. You need a bluetooth transmitter. This is a receiver.

I disagree
Yes this is a receiver, and your computer or phone or iPod would be the transmitter. The only thing I see that you would need is a coupler to attach the male end of this device to the male end on your headphones. The drawback is where are you going to keep it? In your pocket where you would normally keep your phone? Then why not just leave your headphones plugged into your phone????

While this may be useful to some for occasional in-car use, it's poorly suited for anything else. Most audio systems (at least in my experience) have dual phono connectors. Also, not having a power supply means having to keep charging this. If it didn't have these limitations it stood a chance of getting its list price; without them it's barely worth the sale price.

I order and receive my Xtreme receiver today.
My motorcycle fairing has a aux-in connector.
I connected the Xtreme to my Samsung Galaxy S3 and to the aux input on the fairing stereo and it sounded amazing!
Green for you op!

Jes1 said:   I order and receive my Xtreme receiver today.
My motorcycle fairing has a aux-in connector.
I connected the Xtreme to my Samsung Galaxy S3 and to the aux input on the fairing stereo and it sounded amazing!
Green for you op!
Awwww thanks. I'm glad it worked for you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014