• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/883304-REG/Canon_6609b033_EOS_M_Digital_Camera_with.html

FutureDilemma said:   Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens for $299:
at Amazon.com with 2% back in rewards
at Adorama.com with 2% back in rewards
at B&H, black
at B&H, white

Canon EOS-M with EF-M18-55mm IS STM Lens for $349:
at Adorama with 2% back in rewards
at B&H

Free shipping.

Member Summary

eos-m (114.13kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For novice camera users who may want to become more proficient, which lens would be recommended?

Incredibledealmaker (Jul. 09, 2013 @ 3:44a) |

The f/2 prime lens so you'll learn to move your feet and not rely on the zoom.

LongDongSilver (Jul. 09, 2013 @ 5:44a) |

If you have other Canon EF or EF-S lens and want to use it on the EOS M, then will need adapter. If your ok with the 18-... (more)

ching3871 (Jul. 10, 2013 @ 1:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Awesome camera,get one while they have them.

This must mean the next version with the just announced 20MP sensor should be coming out soon, but they only announced the 70D yesterday with no mention of the EOS M.

If you're reading professional reviews keep in mind that this thing came out at (if i recall correctly) $800. Most of them are very critical of the focus speed. The criticisms and relatively poor reviews are fair with slow focusing and priced at $800. I own one and the focus speed was fixed during the firmware update last week.

It's a fantastic camera for $300.

Now this is very, very tempting. Amazon is offering it with the 18-55mm EOS M lens for only $349.99. That makes the camera a little bigger, but without a zoom the camera would seem limited. I already have a 5D Mark II + lenses but it's heavy. I need a walk-around camera...

FYI: The focus speed is said to be drastically improved by the 2.0.2 firmware update released a few days ago.

This is a VERY tempting deal. Iíve had a 7D for a few years and it would be great to have a smaller camera body that I can walk around with. Thereís even an adapter that make this compatible with all canon EF lenses.

A camera like this can go places where DSLRs are not allowed.

I would get the 22mm (Comparable Focal Length: 35 mm) its fast 2f perfect for travel and low light.

Yeah, 35mm doesn't seem that wide to me, and the idea of fixed focal length kind of scares me. Low light isn't as important to me - I'd trade a few stops for going a little wider and being able to zoom a lot more.

OK - I just bought it with the 18-55mm kit lens!

Thanks OP. Picked one up for myself, and one for my dad for his bday.

Bought it last time at $365 + tax. Will have to return and re-buy since Amazon no longer adjust prices.

This time, selected Adorama as the seller this time, so tax is not added (additional savings!)

For anyone in the Southern California Area:
Samys Camera usually price-matches products on the B&H site. Also, they usually don't charge sales tax during holiday weekends. It may be possible to get $299 price out the door this weekend.

luttapi said:   Amazon also has it for the same price
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Compact-Systems-Camera-3-0-Inch/dp/B...

New Yorkers, buy from Amazon. Californians, buy from B&H. I hate sales tax.

Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens for $299:
at Adorama.com with 2% back in rewards
at B&H, black
at B&H, white

Canon EOS-M with EF-M 18-55mm IS STM Lens for $349:
at Adorama with 2% back in rewards
at B&H

Free shipping.

For those wanting both lenses, Big Value Inc on eBay has good prices:
Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $105 shipped on eBay
Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens for $129 shipped on eBay

Canon Speedlite 90EX Flash for Canon EOS M - $99 shipped at B&H

GREAT I have been looking for a camera! Pay with Discover and is anyone a member of ebates? Aren't they offering 3% for Amazon right now?

Target has it for $599- wonder if they will price match as I have gift cards there and could use red card

tax for NJ with Amazon.com start July

BizE said:   A camera like this can go places where DSLRs are not allowed.Meaning what?

Thanks! Just got one with 18-55mm lens for $349 shipped. Do I still need to buy lens adaptor to use other lens or is it included since I purchased the one with 18-55mm lens?

TheBells said:   GREAT I have been looking for a camera! Pay with Discover and is anyone a member of ebates? Aren't they offering 3% for Amazon right now?

3% doesn't apply to electronics.

lsman said:   tax for NJ with Amazon.com start July

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a point and shoot, I agree a very good one. Terrible review on CNET, Also remember the camera has no flash, that is another $150

I bought the $349 one last night and is on backorder with Adorama now. Should have pulled trigger sooner

docjoo said:   Thanks! Just got one with 18-55mm lens for $349 shipped. Do I still need to buy lens adaptor to use other lens or is it included since I purchased the one with 18-55mm lens?

I ordered the same thing. It appears that this 18-55mm lens is a native lens working without an adapter, so you'd still need an adapter to use the other lenses. I imagine I'll have to buy one too...

aarzi said:   BizE said:   A camera like this can go places where DSLRs are not allowed.Meaning what?
There are several places in Los Angeles where security will ask you to refrain from shooting or send you outside if you whip out a pro DSLR. Office buildings, hotels, restaurants, and museums are just a few examples.
The Getty Center wouldn't let me in with my super light manfrotto carbon fiber tripod. I had to put it back in my car.

Thanks, FutureDilemma! Already considering that possibility. We'll see how I like the camera with the zoom. Having a fast small prime lens on there is probably what makes the camera attractive in the first place to most people - I can definitely see the appeal of that.

ahallfatwallett said:   Thanks, FutureDilemma! Already considering that possibility. We'll see how I like the camera with the zoom. Having a fast small prime lens on there is probably what makes the camera attractive in the first place to most people - I can definitely see the appeal of that.

Is this prime lens any good for taking indoor macro shots?

FutureDilemma said:   For those buying the kit with 18-55mm lens, checkout this eBay listing for the EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $105 shipped!Why not buy the $299 camera and then add one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EF-M-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-IS-STM-Lens...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Canon-EOS-EF-M-1855-EF-M-18-55mm-598...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Canon-EF-M-18-55mm-F-3-5-5-6-STM-IS-...

The last one shipping from Japan, with 100% +ve feedback, and with "Make Offer" seems the most promising.

aarzi said:   FutureDilemma said:   For those buying the kit with 18-55mm lens, checkout this eBay listing for the EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $105 shipped!Why not buy the $299 camera and then add one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EF-M-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-IS-STM-Lens...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Canon-EOS-EF-M-1855-EF-M-18-55mm-598...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Canon-EF-M-18-55mm-F-3-5-5-6-STM-IS-...

The last one shipping from Japan, with 100% +ve feedback, and with "Make Offer" seems the most promising.

Good find. I have updated my post to include both lenses. I would avoid buying from sellers outside the US because customs might be a bother and may add to the cost. Also, should you need repair or replacement, will Canon USA honor the warranty on these international purchases?

No problem with the seller being outside the US, specially with a 100% +ve rating from previous buyers.
As for the warranty, no. Canon USA will not honor an international warranty.

futuredillemma, thanks. They sold those all. I almost settled for a slightly pricier one from hongkong on eBay. But big value had the other lens for 128 shipped.
That led to the lowest price combo if one wants both lenses, 299+ 128, no tax in CA with B&H (+ I got to use some christmas shopping 2% BH rewards I had that was about to expire, in case someone here forgot about them)
Searching for "Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens" on eBay one should see that auction from bigvalue, if they still have it, otherwise the 22mm lens is in the 106-108$ range depending on where you want it shipped from. Bigvalue is US based, should ship much faster, and they say item is in original box, brand new.

sorry for ask side track question

Compare Canon EOS-M with Sony NEX 6. If they have the same price. What should I buy?

Nice to see the big players moving toward large-sensor mirrorless cams. I guess this is in response to the Pentax K-01?

ahallfatwallett said:   docjoo said:   Thanks! Just got one with 18-55mm lens for $349 shipped. Do I still need to buy lens adaptor to use other lens or is it included since I purchased the one with 18-55mm lens?

I ordered the same thing. It appears that this 18-55mm lens is a native lens working without an adapter, so you'd still need an adapter to use the other lenses. I imagine I'll have to buy one too...

That is correct,the 18-55 fits right on this model,To use other Canon EF/EFS models you have to use a adapter which is what I am lloking for right now.The Canon model is pricey. Great deal though few will be unhappy with this puppy.

delete

anh11e said:   sorry for ask side track question

Compare Canon EOS-M with Sony NEX 6. If they have the same price. What should I buy?

Definitely NEX-6 if both are selling at the same price.

docjoo said:   TheBells said:   GREAT I have been looking for a camera! Pay with Discover and is anyone a member of ebates? Aren't they offering 3% for Amazon right now?

3% doesn't apply to electronics.

Thanks I found that out, but the 2% Discover worked

Skipping 3 Messages...
If you have other Canon EF or EF-S lens and want to use it on the EOS M, then will need adapter. If your ok with the 18-55mm (29-88mm if factor the 1.6x crop factor) lens that came with your kit then should be ok for now. I agree that this is a killer deal at $299. I got mine (22mm Kit) from B&H. Got it yesterday and already came with 2.0.2 firmware. Very happy so far. Cannot wait to see the next version with the same sensor as the EOS 70D.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014