• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Happy 4th of July! theCubeNet is back at it again with a crazy good promotion.

For the next 24 hours, we'll be offering the following promotions!

Unlimited Usenet for only $7.99/m
Unlimited Usenet + Unlimited VPN for only $12.99/m

25GB Blocks for only $1.39 one-time
250GB Blocks for only $19.99 one-time

Check out the deals at www.thecubenet.com!

Happy Holidays from theCubeNet team!

Member Summary

thecubenet (12.82kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Are their headers free or does it go against your bandwidth usage?

voyagerbob said:   Are their headers free or does it go against your bandwidth usage?
Headers count as data transfer/bandwidth. Most places with free headers have phased those out as the "death of high profile NZB sites" has resulted in more and more people downloading lots of headers.

To below: I use NewsBin Pro, but each newsreader has its own devotees. The latest NewsBin Pro has a priority system for servers that really helps with managing blocks from multiple sites with varring degrees of expense, plus I've already paid for the program so I'm not switching unless I have to.

What newsreader is the best...NewbinPro, Grabit or Newsrover?

I just bought 10X25GB blocks = 250GB for $13.90 instead of $19.99.
Be advised that each 25GB block does have a different login/password.

anyone want to split newshosting? pm me, prefer to use them(but ill do this if you prefer).. ill buy it upfront, you pay me monthly...ive done before, they dont limit it to 1 ip

voyagerbob said:   What newsreader is the best...NewbinPro, Grabit or Newsrover?

For just sheer ease of use I like Newsleecher even though I don't use it anymore because of the subscribe only model. Moved on to Newsbin Pro (buy it once and done) but I don't like it as much.

Of course for actual news"reading" (and no slouch in handling email and d/l duties either), I've loved Forte's Agent since way back in the day with v1.5.

theCubeNet will give you Newsrover.

I can't give an opinion on the best. - I've been using Forte Agent for about 20 years (since the beta version) and can't
talk myself into switching.

this is a Highwinds reseller, so expect to see tons of posts removed before you can d/l them.

knickdigger said:   this is a Highwinds reseller, so expect to see tons of posts removed before you can d/l them.
Trying to download complete posts from only one source is really difficult in today's newsgroups. Better to get blocks with multiple providers, place the foreign blocks in lower priority, and let the newsreader sort it all out.

See chart for major providers and who the resellers are, if you seek additional diversity.
http://www.usenet-providers.net/newsgroup-resellers.php

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014