• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

100pcs Brother Empty Virgin Ink Tank Cartridges
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Gosh, I wonder why they had to scale back their programs just a little tiny bit...

wfay (Jul. 18, 2013 @ 12:40a) |

Ordered the OP's deal before seeing the better offers listed. Finally opened the package today, and there were only 90 ... (more)

Perknose (Jul. 18, 2013 @ 9:32a) |

if they don't you should open a Paypal dispute. Thanks for the heads up, I ordered my OP deal too, I'll have to open my ... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Jul. 18, 2013 @ 9:51a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Love it, love it, love it.....

Got one. I have typically paid about $.25/cart in the past.

if someone is going to vote this 'red' at least say why, There is no better deal out there right now on a per cart basis for 100pcs and even for 200, it's about the same price or more at other sellers who have 200 listings.

Forgive my dumbness...but do u refill these or recycle them for credits.

yacheapbastard said:   Forgive my dumbness...but do u refill these or recycle them for credits.

as the title says, RECYCLE. (for credit)

yacheapbastard said:   Forgive my dumbness...but do u refill these or recycle them for credits.

Your choice

MISTERCHEAP said:   if someone is going to vote this 'red' at least say why, There is no better deal out there right now on a per cart basis for 100pcs and even for 200, it's about the same price or more at other sellers who have 200 listings.

He or she surely hit the wrong button or has no clue.......

Sweet deal, better than that crappy antenna

Higbee said:   Sweet deal, better than that crappy antenna

I have never paid more then .15 cent per cart .
Just ordered last month (paid slightly less then .13 cents per cart.
Order by the 500. And 1000/1005 qty.

But even if you don't want to order that many
Corrected link.
You could get 250 slightly less then 0.14 cents a cart link

I don't type fast enough $19.99 = 0.19 per cart
And I must have no clue I only pay 0.13 cent a cart.

Edit I have never ordered from the seller I linked to above.

Link to another seller that has a better deal and I have ordered from
Was happy with

With a purchase of $30 worth of ink, you can possibly jiggle 7 months worth of recycle rewards.

Example...

Jan 15 (purchase + first recycle)
Feb 15 (recycle)
Mar 15 (recycle)
Apr 15 (recycle)
May 15 (recycle)
Jun 15 (recycle)
July 10 (recycle)

helptnt said:   I have never paid more then .15 cent per cart .

Corrected link.

Agreed. I've only bought cartridges a couple times (I only have one Staples account, so a couple hundred lasts a year), but I've never paid more than $0.15/cart, iirc. You just have to have some patience. I haven't recycled any cartridges in months because of the new purchase requirement, though. So, I still have a bunch sitting around.

helptnt said:   I have never paid more then .15 cent per cart .

Corrected link.

Why is it I never see these deals when it's time to purchase.

dazviking said:   helptnt said:   I have never paid more then .15 cent per cart .

Corrected link.

Invest now, have for later....

yesidonoitall said:   

Invest now, have for later....

I did... at $0.20/cart.

Unless I am missing something you have to spend $30 every 6 months buying "real" ink or toner at Staples in order to get $120 ($10/mo max) in rewards over 12 months + the $20 or so for these empty carts. So all this work for $40 because I certainly won't pay Staples high prices for ink. Feh.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/ink-recycle/index.html

MISTERCHEAP said:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-Brother-LC41-LC51-Mixed-Empty-Vir...

Good deal for those recycling ten per month.

In for one. Green for OP.

MisterEd said:   Unless I am missing something you have to spend $30 every 6 months buying "real" ink or toner at Staples in order to get $120 ($10/mo max) in rewards over 12 months + the $20 or so for these empty carts. So all this work for $40 because I certainly won't pay Staples high prices for ink. Feh.

Your math is off. It is $2 per cart. Net is $13 per month with $5 ink costs and $2 cart costs. Plus however you want to value the ink based on whether you sell it or use it.

mathfaster said:   MisterEd said:   Unless I am missing something you have to spend $30 every 6 months buying "real" ink or toner at Staples in order to get $120 ($10/mo max) in rewards over 12 months + the $20 or so for these empty carts. So all this work for $40 because I certainly won't pay Staples high prices for ink. Feh.

Your math is off. It is $2 per cart. Net is $13 per month with $5 ink costs and $2 cart costs. Plus however you want to value the ink based on whether you sell it or use it.

Plus $1.50 back in rewards on $30 in ink.

mathfaster said:   MisterEd said:   Unless I am missing something you have to spend $30 every 6 months buying "real" ink or toner at Staples in order to get $120 ($10/mo max) in rewards over 12 months + the $20 or so for these empty carts. So all this work for $40 because I certainly won't pay Staples high prices for ink. Feh.

I was never good at math! Thanks for the correction. Still too much work over too long a time for too little $$ for me. I need instant gratification.

MisterEd said:   mathfaster said:   MisterEd said:   Unless I am missing something you have to spend $30 every 6 months buying "real" ink or toner at Staples in order to get $120 ($10/mo max) in rewards over 12 months + the $20 or so for these empty carts. So all this work for $40 because I certainly won't pay Staples high prices for ink. Feh.

I was never good at math! Thanks for the correction. Still too much work over too long a time for too little $$ for me. I need instant gratification.

you mean to tell me you're not setting foot in a Staples b&m at least 1x a month for one deal or another that gets posted on Fat Wallet? If you are there anyway, it's not rocket science to see why it's still worth your time.

dazviking said:   helptnt said:   I have never paid more then .15 cent per cart .

Corrected link.

I bought the last one of those. I happened to have it on my watch list earlier today. I was hesitant until I had the sellers confirmation of undamaged carts. His feedback has complaints about sending damaged ones.

Donedealzz said:   dazviking said:   helptnt said:   I have never paid more then .15 cent per cart .

Corrected link.

I bought the last one of those. I happened to have it on my watch list earlier today. I was hesitant until I had the sellers confirmation of undamaged carts. His feedback has complaints about sending damaged ones.

RE:
His feedback has complaints about sending damaged ones.

In my exp and I surely have as much or more than anyone in regards to these the girls never even look at the carts, if anything they only count them.

yesidonoitall said:   In my exp and I surely have as much or more than anyone in regards to these the girls never even look at the carts, if anything they only count them.

+1 ...and if you are lucky, the separated parts of 1 will count as 2.

Haven't lived near enough to a Staples to recycle in over a year, but back then I think they were accepting anything that resembled an ink cartridge (whether damaged or intact). I wouldn't have been surprised to see a Keurig pod get accepted!

Here another good deal and I have ordered before from this seller. Was very happy with the orders.
400 carts for 0.1347ea
Also this oneSame seller

helptnt said:   
Apparently, you don't.
If you can show me proof of this, I will be your slave for a day and you can have your way with me.

dazviking said:   Got one. I have typically paid about $.25/cart in the past.That's just plain bad paying MORE than .20 each. Anyone 'typically' paying $.25 is just lazy and could easily do better with just a little shopping around and maybe buying more at once. It's not uncommon to find empty tanks for $.17-.18 or less in lots of 300 or more. My last batch of 300 were just over .16 each, and that was just okay. Paying $20 for 100 carts is really for people that only recycle ~10/month and have no space in a garage or shed for a few hundred extra IMO, because otherwise they're just overpaying.

Here's one that was easy to find and readily available for $.183333/cart:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Staples-Store-Empties-300-Canon-Mixed-Ca...

I usually shop around and do better, but just wanted a quick example with more than one available for sale instead of auction. I personally wouldn't be paying .183333 each as it's still too much IMO.

Danzilla said:   dazviking said:   Got one. I have typically paid about $.25/cart in the past.That's just plain bad paying MORE than .20 each. Anyone 'typically' paying $.25 is just lazy and could easily do better with just a little shopping around and maybe buying more at once. It's not uncommon to find empty tanks for $.17-.18 or less in lots of 300 or more. My last batch of 300 were just over .16 each, and that was just okay. Paying $20 for 100 carts is really for people that only recycle ~10/month and have no space in a garage or shed for a few hundred extra IMO, because otherwise they're just overpaying.

I usually shop around and do better, but just wanted a quick example with more than one available for sale instead of auction. I personally wouldn't be paying .183333 each as it's still too much IMO.

exactly Danzilla,

I never posted this deal to suggest this was the lowest per cart price anywhere, but for the reasons you post as well as the fact we have seen multiple changes to the various ink recyle programs this year at Staples and OD and I for one am leery of having buying more than a 6-8 month supply right now never knowing when the shoe will drop on these programs altogether. For a basic Staples member, this is a 10 month supply (5 for premier).

Also, people just got their eBay bucks certificates issued on 7/3, good way to spend those on something too.

MisterEd said:   mathfaster said:   MisterEd said:   Unless I am missing something you have to spend $30 every 6 months buying "real" ink or toner at Staples in order to get $120 ($10/mo max) in rewards over 12 months + the $20 or so for these empty carts. So all this work for $40 because I certainly won't pay Staples high prices for ink. Feh.

How friggen much work is it?? I spend an hour when I get a new shipment of carts counting out 10/20 carts in used grocery bags. Then just grab a bag when I'm going by a Staples (or Office Depot/max if you do that) each month till I need more carts (in 6 months or 12 months or whatever). So around one hour bagging plus dropping them off when going by Staples anyway once or twice a month for weekly deals is really too much work for ~$150 ??? AND that's only assuming you don't have $500/year spend and upgrade to recycle 20/month at Staples. Then you're making $350+ store credit a year for maybe a couple hours work ($2 x 20 x 12 = $480 - ~$50 buy empties - $60 year ink buy = ~$370.) And no, I don't count going by Staples to drop off carts as part of the time spent, as I'm there anyway at least once or twice a month and it only takes a few minutes or occasionally a little more if there are others in line.

This is not a hot deal, but it is a hot idea. If you spend $500 per year at Staples for anything, you get to recycle 20 cartridges per month at $2 per for $40 per month. This comes to $480. If you use Staples gift cards purchased with Discover Cash Back, you are paying $20/$25 gift card, so the cost is $400 (what you could have taken as cash). You get 5% back on that $500, so actual spend is $375. Let's say you pay $0.20 per empty cart. That comes to $96. Let's say you toss the $60 in required annual ink purchases. The amount of time required to sort 240 carts into separate bags is about ten minutes.

$400 in Cash Back + $48 for carts = $448 for $480 in rewards for ink + $25 in rewards for purchases. So you make $57 right there PLUS whatever you purchase with the $505. To maintain the rewards level that allows you to recycle 20 carts/month, you have to continue to spend the $500 per year. Combined with rewards, this comes to $1005/year purchasing power at Staples. Minus the required ink purchase comes to $945. Even if you do not monetize any of this via free-after-easy-rebates purchases, this comes to half off Staples' best sale prices -- for a half hour of your time to buy and bag the carts...tax free!

This seems like a good use of a half hour to me.

In reality this is an even better deal because Staples routinely hands out 20% off or $25 off $75 coupons and price matches in store and online. If you have kids, you are burning the ink anyway and saving a bundle on free-after-rewards paper. All OP did was give you a way to save even more money shopping where you shopped anyway. So, meh on the deal but green for a great idea.

Danzilla said:   dazviking said:   Got one. I have typically paid about $.25/cart in the past.That's just plain bad paying MORE than .20 each. Anyone 'typically' paying $.25 is just lazy and could easily do better with just a little shopping around and maybe buying more at once. It's not uncommon to find empty tanks for $.17-.18 or less in lots of 300 or more. My last batch of 300 were just over .16 each, and that was just okay. Paying $20 for 100 carts is really for people that only recycle ~10/month and have no space in a garage or shed for a few hundred extra IMO, because otherwise they're just overpaying.

Lazy? How is searching for the best deal (given a maximum spending limit) more often, lazy?

Would I do better buying more at a time? Of course. But unless you're willing to advance some money to the cause, then I must manage the money I have, not what I don't.

dazviking said:   Danzilla said:   dazviking said:   Got one. I have typically paid about $.25/cart in the past.That's just plain bad paying MORE than .20 each. Anyone 'typically' paying $.25 is just lazy and could easily do better with just a little shopping around and maybe buying more at once. It's not uncommon to find empty tanks for $.17-.18 or less in lots of 300 or more. My last batch of 300 were just over .16 each, and that was just okay. Paying $20 for 100 carts is really for people that only recycle ~10/month and have no space in a garage or shed for a few hundred extra IMO, because otherwise they're just overpaying.

Lazy? How is searching for the best deal (given a maximum spending limit) more often, lazy?

Would I do better buying more at a time? Of course. But unless you're willing to advance some money to the cause, then I must manage the money I have, not what I don't.
You said you 'typically' pay .25 each. Even if it's not lazy acting, by not being willing to spend a little time looking for better the readily available better deals, it's still lazy thinking IMO. Spending less in the sort term that just ends up costing significantly more in the long term. It's not like the empty carts go bad or something and it's easy enough to store an extra couple hundred in an attic or wherever.

OMG, free to 30 a cart, you are getting $2.00 for it.

yesidonoitall said:   Donedealzz said:   dazviking said:   helptnt said:   I have never paid more then .15 cent per cart .

Corrected link.

RE:
His feedback has complaints about sending damaged ones.

In my exp and I surely have as much or more than anyone in regards to these the girls never even look at the carts, if anything they only count them.

My Staples look at the carts and count them.

Any suggestion for ink (>$30) with good resell value ?

CSREwallet said:   Any suggestion for ink (>$30) with good resell value ?

HP's fetch the best return. Maybe 50-75% of what you paid on the bay, or do Craigslist to avoid fees.

Skipping 30 Messages...
Perknose said:   Ordered the OP's deal before seeing the better offers listed. Finally opened the package today, and there were only 90 carts in it, not 100. Called the seller. I THINK they are sending me the 10 they shorted me.

if they don't you should open a Paypal dispute. Thanks for the heads up, I ordered my OP deal too, I'll have to open my box and count them!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014