• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Kmart.com
Need a Kmart.com coupon that earns 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Boost Mobile Galaxy Rush
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Aside from maybe the camera and Bluetooth 4.0, the Kyocera Hydro is $10 cheaper and waterproof. The Galaxy Rush eeks out 256 MB more RAM (I think, don't hold me to that), but in the end both are limited not by RAM, but by the same Qualcomm 1 GHz CPU.

I guess if you have Bluetooth 4.0 in your car and want more reliable A2DP, this might be a better deal, odds are though you wouldn't be in the market for this phone in that use case...

asuka said:   Aside from maybe the camera and Bluetooth 4.0, the Kyocera Hydro is $10 cheaper and waterproof. The Galaxy Rush eeks out 256 MB more RAM (I think, don't hold me to that), but in the end both are limited not by RAM, but by the same Qualcomm 1 GHz CPU.

I guess if you have Bluetooth 4.0 in your car and want more reliable A2DP, this might be a better deal, odds are though you wouldn't be in the market for this phone in that use case...

where do you see the Hydro for $59.99? it's $79 at Kmart

$79.99 - $20 off instantly direct from Boost = $59.99

http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/phones/kyocera-hydro/?cid=ppc_go...

Granted in-store may be faster, but I would be surprised if BB/Frys/etc won't PM Boost's own website.

Seems the issue with Boost-Virgin-Metro is less the phones than limited network, and networks of the pre-paids PagePlus, some S-Talk and Net10s are the limited exception to limited standard 3G coverage -- is this incorrect?

horizon6 said:   Seems the issue with Boost-Virgin-Metro is less the phones than limited network, and networks of the pre-paids PagePlus, some S-Talk and Net10s are the limited exception to limited standard 3G coverage -- is this incorrect?

You seem to have it right. Metro is now owned by T-Mobile, and I believe in a couple of markets they are now offering GSM service using the T-Mobile network, I expect that to be expanded greatly very soon. Of course not everybody is crazy about T-Mobile coverage either, I find that it works very well for me, much better than Sprint (pre or post paid), but your mileage may vary.

horizon6 said:   Seems the issue with Boost-Virgin-Metro is less the phones than limited network, and networks of the pre-paids PagePlus, some S-Talk and Net10s are the limited exception to limited standard 3G coverage -- is this incorrect?
Are you saying Boost-Virgin-Metro coverage isn't good, and PagePlus is?

Slickone said:   horizon6 said:   Seems the issue with Boost-Virgin-Metro is less the phones than limited network, and networks of the pre-paids PagePlus, some S-Talk and Net10s are the limited exception to limited standard 3G coverage -- is this incorrect?
Are you saying Boost-Virgin-Metro coverage isn't good, and PagePlus is?

Perhaps more asking than saying. Coverage maps for PP indicate almost full nationwide domestic coverage using VZ network while the mentioned resellers of TMobile/SprintMobile indicate much more limited coverage areas.

Can this phone ( Boost Mobile Galaxy Rush) be flashed to Page Plus ? Details please .

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014