• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was looking on Amazon for steel cut oats and this looks like a really good price (per camel camel camel) on a very highly rated product. I like Mccann's, but thought I'd give this one a shot due to the reviews.

Linkazon

Member Summary

Bob's Red Mill Oats Steel Cut, 24-Ounce
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
price is 11.80 now.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice deal! I've always purchased McCann's too - but have wondered about Red Mill. Worth the price to give it a try!

We gave it a try for one round under S&S. We will see if they are any good. ThanksOP

I can't tell the difference in quality, taste, aroma, goodness.... between this and McCann's.
Given the price difference in general, and OP's (camel's) price in particular, this is a no-brainer.

The organic at $9.31 are also available at similar savings.

Suggestion: If you don't know what organic entails beyond the hype, then stay away on this one and go with the OP.

Very good price. Organic bulk is $1.49/lb in my area. This works out to a few cents more for a brand-name product.

I found that Mccann's cooked up a bit nuttier and tasted slightly sweeter.

madcowdisease said:   I found that Mccann's cooked up a bit nuttier and tasted slightly sweeter.In the organic, yes. In the OP, I couldn't tell the difference. We still have finicky eaters, so no organic for us. Not that you need it for oatmeal anyway.

aarzi said:   madcowdisease said:   I found that Mccann's cooked up a bit nuttier and tasted slightly sweeter.In the organic, yes. In the OP, I couldn't tell the difference. We still have finicky eaters, so no organic for us. Not that you need it for oatmeal anyway.

Ah, but McCann's does not have an organic product.

Edit: No organic claim on the container, and there has never been. Not that it matters a whole lot.
http://www.mccanns.ie/

When I used to buy, it distinctly said "organic" on the package.

honeyvillegrain is better if you can deal with 50lb bags

schop said:   honeyvillegrain is better if you can deal with 50lb bagsLink

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014