• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just picked up a Sony NEX-3N with the 16-50mm lens kit @ Best Buy for $348 after price matching with Fry's.

Fry's link (need to add to cart to get the discount price)

Best Buy link

If they give you any trouble, quote their own price matching page found here.
Best Buy Price Matching Details

Member Summary

Sony NEX-3NL
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$498 at Fry's.... I don't get it?
How are you getting PM to $348?

Add it to your Fry's cart. Price will show $348. That's what Best Buy will price match to.

Frys is sold out. Will BB still price match?

Yes, since the price is still available in store.

johnny98 said:   Frys is sold out. Will BB still price match?
acrokpeterk, which store? johnny98 just said they are sold out...

I doubt they will match... the Best Buy price match details that the OP posted says "immediately available". On my past price matching attempts they called the store I wanted them to match if it wasnt obvious to them by looking online. Maybe you'll get lucky with a nice/stupid manager.

"At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: ..Frys.com.." frys.com online doesn't apply since it says store pickup only after you add to cart.

I have the camera in hand and it was no problem. However, I will add YMMV to the title.

acrokpeterk said:   I have the camera in hand and it was no problem. However, I will add YMMV to the title.

I am very interested in this deal and appreciate the post, but can you give some more details? I'm in Chicago and the local frys is OOS. Did your Best Buy check a local frys, look on frys.com, or did you have a printout from frys.com cart? Any details to how you had no problem price matching are greatly appreciated.

The Best Buy associate went to Frys.com and looked up the exact same camera. It shows $498. I told them that the discounted price shows when you add to the cart - which they did. They did notice that it was out of stock online - but was available in store at that price. I am in Florida and the closest Fry's is somewhere in Texas. They verified that this was one of the "Approved" price matching sites and adjusted the price for me since the camera was still available in store. Actually quite easy and saved me $150. Hope this helps!

Ah, the good old days when they used to PM pls 10% the difference. Good times. Good times...

Yeah, you lucked out, OP. If a store doesn't have a local presence, BB doesn't have to price match. The fact that your nearest Frys was several states away would nix the deal right there. I was denied here in Texas because there isn't a Frys in my city. And since the deal clearly shows as being sold out online, they denied on that basis. Even if I'm willing to drive over to the next city, they can deny it (according to their own rules that you linked to) because it isn't in stock at any of the local stores, either.

Bummer, since I'd be all over this camera at $350. Guess I have to wait.

I went to my local Best Buy in Virginia. They wouldn't price match since there is no Fry's store nearby

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014