• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-eligible/m44rifle?
http://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-eligible/chicomsks

Nice shooters for the collector,M44's a great little brush deer rifle and ammo's cheap,accurate and plentiful

Member Summary

Mosin M44'S $209 Chinese SKS
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These will probably sell out by later tonight as they are very collectable and highly sought. If your on the fence about one don't hesitate Classic's been around for yrs and very reputable and these Mosins are great shooters

I got the Chinese knock-off of the M44 for like less than half the price. I'm not exactly an expert on firearms, so the Russian one might be worth the extra $, but just a heads up!

Yah,I have a T-53 as well, the russian flavor sems to shoot somewhat better for some reason, maybe that its actually made in russia vs china, either way nice addition to a collector for the money.The chinese versions were very beat up BTW, these are in great shape as shown vs the chinese ones sold earlier in the yr. Ya get what you pay for and these are in much better shape overall and arsenally refinished vs the chinese that looked like they were dug up out of a pit.Mine stil had dirt in the bore,lol

Red, really, did you even look at the reviews you commie punks,lol

M44 is an outstanding deal. Get it while you can. Thanks OP

natevines said:   I got the Chinese knock-off of the M44 for like less than half the price. I'm not exactly an expert on firearms, so the Russian one might be worth the extra $, but just a heads up! I own multiples of both. Based on the ones I own and fire quite often the Chinese ones have more going for them in both the bolt and trigger, is some even accuracy than the M44's I have. I would say though if you want a refinished polished pretty gun that screams quality then buy the M44, if you want two guns (one spare) for the price of one M44 to just shoot and who's excellent quality is usually hidden behind some rust pitting, beaver-chewed stocks, or warn bluing then the T53's cannot be beat.

[ignorant]I'm sure this is a really dumb question, but for some reason I thought I remembered seeing Mosin rifles going for closer to the ~100 range awhile back. Am I just imagining things, or is there something about these that makes them more valuable/desirable?[/ignorant]

The $100 or so ones are the M91 style. Check pricing on the M44s.

CybrMatt said:   [ignorant]I'm sure this is a really dumb question, but for some reason I thought I remembered seeing Mosin rifles going for closer to the ~100 range awhile back. Am I just imagining things, or is there something about these that makes them more valuable/desirable?[/ignorant]

Only if your a collecter or vintage shooter,otherwise just basically a shortened carbine version of the famous M91/30 used by Russian military during several decades and still in use by Afghan rebels today, a true combat weapon capable of hitting targets 1000 yrds away

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=ARA76254FMJ&name=Red... ,,non corrosive 7.62 x 54r ammo available here

If these weren't in such rough shape I would jump on it but will spend more making it look pretty than just buying one in good shape. Local dealer had a consignment in mint condition matching serials for $475.

Really, Did you see 1 in person,did you even bother to look at the link and read the comments section on the high quality and condition of these,go ahead and buy the $475 one and leave these nicer ones for the rest of us

I picked up one of the SKS's a couple weeks ago, and it's in pretty nice shape with some bluing left, except for no matching numbers. My buddy bought one at the same time and his was all-matching and had almost 100% blue. We both paid the $20 "Hand Select" fee. I see now they have an ADDITIONAL upcharge if you want matching numbers too. I emailed them about the wide disparity in condition between mine and my friends, but they never responded. I understand buying a surplus firearm sight unseen is a bit of a gamble, but I think Classic could have done a better job selecting for similar condition.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014