• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the Samsung Galaxy S III for Virgin Mobile for $349.99 with Free Shipping (and possible no tax).

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-III-Virgin-Mobile/dp/B00D9A...

As far as I know, this is the cheapest price available so far for this phone.

Member Summary

Galaxy S III
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

So dude bought it on 7/4 for $317?? DAMN. MISSED IT

Anyone knows if that's GSM compatible as well?

Could this phone be used with Verizon? Or is it locked to Virgin? My mom managed to toss her existing phone in the pool, and then snap the SIM card in half trying to remove it.

Virgin is a closed CDMA network run using Sprint's towers, so it won't work as a GSM phone (no sim) and won't work on Verizon's network without it being hacked - if you get good Sprint coverage than this is a great deal with plans starting @ only $35/mo with unlimited LTE (2.5GB throttled per terms of service but I'm a user and haven't been throttled yet using over that amount but under 5GB. Also Virgin Mobile has a $100 account credit if you switch from a non-Sprint provider

CDMA phones have less re-sell value than their GSM peers. The used G3 with excellent condition can be bought on CL for as low as $200 for Sprint version. Just got a Note 2 for $300.

you can't buy a Sprint phone and use it on Virgin [w/o hacking it]

cb35 said:   Virgin is a closed CDMA network run using Sprint's towers, so it won't work as a GSM phone (no sim) and won't work on Verizon's network without it being hacked - if you get good Sprint coverage than this is a great deal with plans starting @ only $35/mo with unlimited LTE (2.5GB throttled per terms of service but I'm a user and haven't been throttled yet using over that amount but under 5GB. Also Virgin Mobile has a $100 account credit if you switch from a non-Sprint provider

Thanks CB!

f2000sa said:   CDMA phones have less re-sell value than their GSM peers. The used G3 with excellent condition can be bought on CL for as low as $200 for Sprint version. Just got a Note 2 for $300.

this is not necessarily true. The Verizon G3's go for a lot more than the Sprint G3's because of the additional LTE radio.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014