• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In addition to the 5% back in rewards all members earn, parents can now earn extra rewards for the teacher of their choice with the Reward A Classroom program. Hereís what teachers get when parents shop:
2% back in rewards on everything, excluding postage, phone/gift cards and savings passes
5% back in rewards on every Copy & Print purchase
Teachers can earn up to $50 from as many as 40 parents each year. Thatís as much as $2,000 back in rewards every year.
link

If you aren't a teacher and want to support one here's the link you just need your teachers last name and state

Thanks MISTERCHEAP for the better title and getting this one recognized

Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not sure if my original post was clear, Teachers Reward members must sign up for this new program they aren't automatically enrolled. It looks like Staples has set it up like escrip (you shop at a grocery store and the school gets a small % bonus) only instead of designating a school the person chooses an individual teacher to get a bonus from their Staples purchases.

Also is there an appropriate place to start a list of teachers so people from this group not teacher reward members could choose to support them? Mine is Jeff Winters at CSULB in California.

Wait, so I'm a teacher. Can I sign myself up? I buy a lot at Staples (nothing to do with my classroom though).

Honestly though, although I do buy stuff out of pocket, when I need supplies for my classroom I almost never go to Staples.

you can sign up for teachers rewards and get those benefits but it's unlikely you'll get the extra 2-5% on your purchases. But why not sign up for teachers rewards and reward a classroom then send out the flyer in your student's backpacks first day of school.

While not all my purchases are for my husbands class/language lab most of the office supplies/paper goes to them.

I'd possibly get in trouble if I sent that flyer out in my school without permission. Staples is high priced school supplies in my opinion and I wouldn't want to encourage my parents to shop there...none of my purchases are legitimate...just free paper stuff.

Anyway, if anybody wants to give me 2% on their weekly photo paper purchases, I'd be happy to take it!

Ya getting permission would be a good thing. I don't see it as being much different than escrip, ralphs rewards etc. except the money is going directly to the teacher (which some parents would prefer). My kids are now older but I've been in charge of PTA fundraising for a few schools where we paid salary for multiple teachers as well as programs and teacher wishlists. Rewards like these would help take some burden off our PTA for wish list items and make the school less dependent on PTA (something I know they'd like). If I were doing PTA ways and means I'd set up a group of volunteers to help all the teachers sign up for stapels rewards and the new program then (with principles permission) have room parents send out the flyers along with the escrip ones that already go out and post it on the webpage. I usually also try to have a parent for each classroom at open house etc. on the computers helping parents set up /update their "mindless fundraising" so this would just be another one to add to it. I'm sure all schools/districts have a different level of tolerance for such things. We always sell these mindless fundraiser programs as free money to the school for shopping parents are already doing. We don't advertise the stores or encourage shopping at them our push is to get them to register for the programs.

Hello!

My name is Michael Ingels. I teach at Addison Middle School in Addison, MI.

I teach in a rural district with the minimum level of state per pupil funding. I average $3,000+ in unreimbursed teaching expenses on my tax return. I would ask that you sign up for teachers who work with your family members or local schools, but if those don't work...

Thanks in advance!
Mike

I couldn't figure out why the mod. moved this to Hot Deals 20 days after telling me it was a deal discussion not HD, till I saw MISTERCHEAP 's post on it with over 500 views in just a few hours. I guess it's not a hot deal till MISTERCHEAP says it is.

deleted, sorry!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014