• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Wax Vacuum Ear Cleaner (batt operated) $6.99 + Free shipping

http://www.dailybargainshop.com

Soft & Efficient Ear Cleaner! Safer and more Effective than Cotton swabs!!!

Gentle suction draws dirt particles and mositure from ear. Safety guard prevents tips from entering too deep and can disassemble for easy cleaning.

Features :

Powerful yet gentle way to clean and dry ears
Examining light
Quiet & Portable
Easy cleaning case builtin
On/Off Switch
Requires 2xAA batt (not included)

Package Includes:
4 Resusable Non toxic Silicone Tips
1 Cleaning Brush
1 Ear Cleaner with Safety Guard (Batt operated)

Condition : New
Package: Retail

Member Summary

ear cleaner
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

almost bought off tv ad, then read reviews... I guess, IF it was strong enough to Actually work, it would prolly be harmful... but, I am Guilty of doing the other evil things I shouldn't do... hope someone gets good results from one...

Waste of money as it has absolutely no suction. I don't have one, but a quick google search brought this up.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/04/22/does-it-really-do-that-wax-vac/

9 one-star reviews on Amaz0n. I think most of them wanted to give this a zero star, had there been such an option.

If you have a Dyson, you can request the ear attachment tool N/C
Dyson ear tool

pietromoon said:   If you have a Dyson, you can request the ear attachment tool N/C
Dyson ear tool

I have the sex attachment, but I didn't know they made an ear tool!

OUCH!

At least you will look "less" ridiculous than THIS

robby69 said:   At least you will look "less" ridiculous than THIS

Except ear candles actually work and have been used for centuries.

Except that it doesn't work:

Testing candling

My kid's Dr used a flushing system and it turns out that it is avilable on Amazon:

Amazon link

Expensive for what it is, but fairly effective (and cheaper than a trip to the Dr when there is too much build-up)

greatoz99 said:   Except that it doesn't work:

Testing candling

My kid's Dr used a flushing system and it turns out that it is avilable on Amazon:

Amazon link

Expensive for what it is, but fairly effective (and cheaper than a trip to the Dr when there is too much build-up)

Nice video except they used the candle wrong (and they admit to as much) so of course it didn't work!
Here's one for you from someone with an actual experience having it done properly : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf1Nke-PP6k

The bad press on ear candling is basically western medicine hype so they can charge you a ton of money to clear the wax as these candles do for a LOT less money. The other part (about it being "dangerous") depends on your practitioner. "Even" good ol' MDs make mistakes sometimes.

All I can say is that it has been used for a really long time and I've had personal experience (both myself and several friends) and am 100% satisfied (as are my friends). YMMV I suppose but it certainly worked better for me than the liquid earwax remover that you get in the Drugstore.

greatoz99 said:   My kid's Dr used a flushing system and it turns out that it is avilable on Amazon:Amazon link Expensive for what it is, but fairly effective (and cheaper than a trip to the Dr when there is too much build-up)

Thanks, flushing always works the best but you can't get as much pressure as with the 8oz. stainless steel syringe the doc office uses. This should work better than the small syringe I use, and save me the occasional office visit for flushing.
I am shocked that there as many people on FW that actually "ear candle", and more shocked that anyone would think putting a candle up to your ear would draw out the ear wax...

greatoz99 said:   Except that it doesn't work:

Testing candling

Amazon link

That first review on Amazon was a classic. Alternately I was either laughing my head off or being totally grossed out. I may actually buy one of those Amazon things-it definitely isn't expensive compared to a doctor visit. But to the device this thread is about, the concept of applying suction to your ear sounds really dumb and dangerous. It's probably good it doesn't work.

Sorry, I can't let the candling thing go. Doing some more searching I found no scientific basis for how it would work other than "I did it and it feels great" which doesn't really mean much.

Before putting a lit candle next to your head, please review this:
QuackWatch

ear candles work if you're not stupid and do it right

Ear candles work as well as any other pseudo science fud -- not at all.

Hydrogen peroxide diluted works very well and is very cheap. Hot deal

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candling.html

Save your money and use a 3% solution hydrogen peroxide.

A few years ago I learned that you could use hydrogren peroxide in your ears to knock out colds and infections. I haven't had a cold since. I do a treatment at the first sign of a cold, cough, sore throat, ear ache, etc. While watching tv, reading, or web surfing on my phone, I lay on one side and fill my ear canal with the hydrogen peroxide until it feels like it's about to spill out. My nose, sinuses, and throat almost immediately start draining. I wait about 15 minutes or until it stops bubbling, drain it out onto a clean paper towel and swab out any wax that has loosened, flip over and repeat in the other ear.

What does that have to do with anything? When I started doing this, I noticed a strange side effect: when I clean out my ear canals with q-tips (don't judge me), the white cotton comes out clean for 5-7 days afterwards. Even if you're skeptical, it will only cost you a penney or so to try it out.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014